heart

# 80..my first attempt!

Yay!! Because of the lovely Lavelle26, my secret pal, I have a sweet little stash of thread, and some of it was size 80!!! and 2 hooks, the tiniest I've seen, I know from her blog she special ordered these. Size 15 and size 16. For the dark pink verigated heart I used the # 15 hook and size # 80 thread. I did the same pattern in pink size # 10 thread with a size 8 hook, and you can see the difference. I was so happy, I just had to post a photo. These are a gift for someone...;) The bookmark pattern is a Cylinda Mathews pattern at www.crochetmemories.com in her bookmark menu, it is available for purchase. I bought this one a while ago. She is just the sweetest! :U Ok, here's the photo...clickable

th_threadhearts.jpg

Wow, next to the size 80, the # 10 looks like a monster! lol :D

They are both beautiful! I'm hoping to use smaller thread once I get my list of stash-busting projects completed!

Thank you! I wouldn't have had any this size, but my sweet SP sent it to me. :)

Wow....they are both so gorgeous. I have some size 70 thread here that I have been waiting to use.....now you have inspired me!! Don't know that it will turn out as nice yours though!

Catheryn, Thank you, and you are too funny, You do the most amazing work, Your projects put me to tears! :U

Wow. Great job you did, there! :cheer

:nworthy Threadies are amazing. I can't do #10 thread let alone #80. Love them both. :cheer

Heart, I am so glad I clicked on your picture to see the amazing detail in these bookmarks. I'm going to admit here that I've played with #30 thread some but have trouble seeing what is going on sometimes. #70? Wow. And they're beautiful, too! Lovely work!

Oh wow, a size 80. I am not sure I could SEE the stitches on that size thread! Your bookmarks are very pretty!

Beautiful! I've just begun using some thread and experimenting making bookmarks. Don't know that my eyes are good enough to try using something that small though! LOL

Thank you all very much. I did a pattern that I am used to making, so I kinda remember where the stitches go...so I guess I cheated a little.. :D But it was a neat experience. Thanks for all your compliments, and thanks to Anna, having this size and the hooks, I just couldn't resist trying to do this.

:D :D I did feel my eyes going cross a few times :U

That turned out so gorgeous. You did a fabulous job. I just knew you would. Are you addicted yet??? ;)

Isnt the feel of piece done in that size thread wonderful. I love the smaller threads. You did a great job for your first time with that size

Wow! they are very pretty!

Thank you everyone! :U

Kathy, Yes I love the feel of the finished piece. It is so delicate, I can't describe it! I may have to pick up the Susan Bates size 13/14 I saw at Hobby Lobby yesterday though, these tiny hooks Anna gave me are special, and I don't want to loose them. I've already lost 2 #7 hooks this week...and I never loose a hook. :D

Anna, Thank you, Yes, I am now hooked! :D I went to another thrift store this morning and found about 5 balls of thread, all in unique colors, size 10, 20 and 30, a few of them are almost all gone, but they are neat. One looks like lemonade. ;)