# 80..my first attempt!

heart

Yay!! Because of the lovely Lavelle26, my secret pal, I have a sweet little stash of thread, and some of it was size 80!!! and 2 hooks, the tiniest I've seen, I know from her blog she special ordered these. Size 15 and size 16. For the dark pink verigated heart I used the # 15 hook and size # 80 thread. I did the same pattern in pink size # 10 thread with a size 8 hook, and you can see the difference. I was so happy, I just had to post a photo. These are a gift for someone...;) The bookmark pattern is a Cylinda Mathews pattern at www.crochetmemories.com in her bookmark menu, it is available for purchase. I bought this one a while ago. She is just the sweetest! :U Ok, here's the photo...clickable

th_threadhearts.jpg

Wow, next to the size 80, the # 10 looks like a monster! lol :D

Wow....they are both so gorgeous. I have some size 70 thread here that I have been waiting to use.....now you have inspired me!! Don't know that it will turn out as nice yours though!

Heart, I am so glad I clicked on your picture to see the amazing detail in these bookmarks. I'm going to admit here that I've played with #30 thread some but have trouble seeing what is going on sometimes. #70? Wow. And they're beautiful, too! Lovely work!

Thank you all very much. I did a pattern that I am used to making, so I kinda remember where the stitches go...so I guess I cheated a little.. :D But it was a neat experience. Thanks for all your compliments, and thanks to Anna, having this size and the hooks, I just couldn't resist trying to do this.

:D :D I did feel my eyes going cross a few times :U

That turned out so gorgeous. You did a fabulous job. I just knew you would. Are you addicted yet??? ;)

Thank you everyone! :U

Kathy, Yes I love the feel of the finished piece. It is so delicate, I can't describe it! I may have to pick up the Susan Bates size 13/14 I saw at Hobby Lobby yesterday though, these tiny hooks Anna gave me are special, and I don't want to loose them. I've already lost 2 #7 hooks this week...and I never loose a hook. :D

Anna, Thank you, Yes, I am now hooked! :D I went to another thrift store this morning and found about 5 balls of thread, all in unique colors, size 10, 20 and 30, a few of them are almost all gone, but they are neat. One looks like lemonade. ;)

Archived