Chocolate Sweets and Treats CAL

LadyBeBop

April 1, I logged on to Crochetville, and found the most delicious crocheted chocolate cake advertised from GourmetCrochet.com . I clicked on the link, and immediately ordered the book.

I received the book last week, and found a number of yummy items...the already-mentioned, chocolate decadence cake, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate mocha raspberry dessert cakes, etc. :c9

I haven't worked on anything in the book yet...I've been too busy working on a vest and a SnB fat-bottom bag. But I think this would be a good idea for a cal. The book is easy enough to get...the link is probably on top of this page. (Or the next page you go to.)

I think Crochetville gets a commission for each time the link is clicked from a 'ville page. Therefore, it would probably be better if you click directly from the link on top of the page. But for those who somehow cannot get the picture (or for those who's opted out of advertising), here is the link.

http://www.gourmetcrochet.com/

Who's in with me? After all, this would be a great way to have your cake and not gain any weight. :devil

I have the book too and I'd love to join in but I have a few other projects that I absolutely have to get done first.

I also have a few projects going, so I wasn't going to officially start this until about May 1st. That way, y'all can get the book ordered and everything.

sheesh! now that you mention it, that cake IS crocheted! hah! i always looked at that picture and thought how delicious it looked and why were they advertising cake on a crochet website! haha!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I have finished my cake.The strawberries leaves look blue but they are actually dark green. Not sure why my camera does that. I laid out the strawberries a bit differently so you could see the congratulations sign. I made this for a lady at work that has retired. She couldnt believe it and a lot of people actually thought it was real.

th_P1020275.jpgth_P1020274.jpg

I saw the ad too. I thought it was a picture of a real cake and an ad for a bakery. I bought the booklet. (I just HAD to have it!!) I haven't had time to make more than a few of the choc. sandwich cream cookies, or Oreos, as we would call them. I want to make the cake soon.

I just clicked over to that the other day! I'm trying to cut down on my pattern buying (and yarn buying), but I may have to break down for this pattern (plus another I saw on the site.

sara

Archived