Scarf KAL

sammimag

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there. I haven't been checking the forum for a long while. I got burnt on crafting from stressful things going on in my life. Happily to say, I got back to crafting few days ago. I will work on mother's day scarf (road scarf) on the flight ride tomorrow. Shame on me that I don't complete this scarf in time for father's day. :P I hope to finish it up before June 25th (flight back home). I will take a picture of the incompleted scarf in the morning. Nite-nitey everybody!

Yay... color changes aren't so bad

scarf1__thumb.jpg

Neither is the speed of knitting. At first I thought it was going to be awfully slow, but it's getting better :D I have only been working on this at work, and we have been rather busy, so I haven't had a lot of time to spend on it, but it is moving along anyway.

Mermaiden

that's very nice

are you using the method with 2 straight needles??

i love it i`m thinking of doing the same method with another color

Diane

that's so pretty

mine is going so slow

i`m making it colorful

each stich i`m making it with diffrent color and the rows between them with medium purple

it`s cute but i`m still working on the first stich

how many times you repeated the stiches??

and how many yarn it took to make it??

Diane, I love your road scarf! :manyheart

Mermaiden, that's coming along nicely! :) How did you do your colour change? The chevron scarf pattern I'm working on stated that the designer changed colour by knitting the first 2 stitches of the new row with the old and new colours. I tried that and it just looked weird and bulky with the old colour peeping out. :think

Wow Diane that looks great! Plus now you will have mastered a ton of different stitch patterns!!!:c9

My poor scarf is sort of on hold, my mom just gave me the date for my sisters baby shower... i only have 7 weeks, and a ton of things I still want to make for her. I guess what doesn't get done before then I can give her when she has the baby in october.... but boy I'm feeling the pressure! I'll post another picture when I have made more progress!

Keep up the beautiful work ladies!

Cool road scarf!

Yeah I am using 2 straight needles. I changed colors pretty much by the instructions I found here

http://knitting.about.com/od/knittingskills/p/stripes.htm

Just start working with the new strand at the start of the row! :) Was easier than I would have thought.

Mermaiden, thanks for the link. I switched to the duplicate stitch join method after watching the video on Knittinghelp. Definitely looks better than my previous join. :yes I'll post a picture soon.

Ladies, keep the pictures coming! I love seeing them! :cheer

Oh yeah, was curious about something. I frequent some of the knitting forums but am more of a lurker since I'm such a n00b about the knitting. Am afraid they'll eat me for breakfast. :D I do feel that the atmosphere here is a little friendlier. Is it my imagination or do you ladies feel the same way too?

Lis: I definitely feel that way, and I have been knitting since I was 7... some are helpful if you have questions, but I was so excited when they added the knitting stuff to the ville because I have yet to meet one person on here who wasn't helpful in some way, they are all so supportive!

Yes, I agree totally... I would not want to post about my knitting anywhere if we didn't have here. :)

Well, I haven't gotten a lot done since last week because work has been so busy and this is where I work on my yarnstuff. But, I'm working on my 3rd 4th band now. :cheer

I found that I had managed to drop a couple of stitches along the way -- mostly because of having to lay the work down and pick it back up whenever some work came up :lol but I found a way to weave in a piece of yarn over it to hide it :2blush Hopefully now that I recognized that, I can quit that... got me some little plug thingies to put on the ends of the sticks when I lay them down. Seems to help. Plus I'm just getting more used to the way things should look now and can put them back on if they fall off. :blush

lol, beginner's pains. :hook

Back home, finally. :)

The road scarf was done on father's day. Let say, my parents are glad to have their gifts, even if scarf is a month late. (mother's day gift) :lol

My mother like me to make a different scarf, maybe dark colored. I might do it later in the year. My mother show the road scarf to friends, so proud of it. :D

th_IMG_0428.jpg th_IMG_0425.jpg clickable

Here are the final versions of the road scarf.

I can't reply to all the posts about my road scarf. But thank you all for the wonderful replies.

Athba - I did the four stitches as a section three times, not four times as the pattern said. My mother is shorter than me, 5'4". It went for a bit more than 5'.

I use Lion Brand Cotton Ease, Lake (sky blue) - three skeins with a bit of scrap of yarn, about 2 yards left on 3rd skein. I used 48 stitches as foundation as pattern said.

I modified the road scarf a bit. The border on ends are four ridges in garter stitch, like 8 rows. Then each sections have three ridges (6 rows) between each other. And each stitches have two ridges (4 rows) between them. Like this:

Border (4 ridges), first stitch (2 ridges) 2nd stitch (2 ridges),3rd (2), and 4th stitch (3 ridges), next 1st stitch (2 ridges) go on and on until border (4 ridges)

It don't count the side borders. I can draw it if you still dont understand what I describe. I think your color changes will be so beautiful!

I haven't worked on my scarf for a while but here's a picture of the progress so far. Also blogged about it here. The colours remind me of ice-cream. :lol What do you think?

693996824_f5dee5f26f_o.jpg

Lis,

I love it. I really like the color combination and the pattern too. I haven't done much lately on my scarf. I have been weaving in ends on other projects that feels very good.

Archived