Baby Afghan CAL?

amalin06

I've been gone for a while, so I figured I'd give you all an update on my baby blanket. It's taking forever o_o;

I'm going to have to make it smaller than I thought, because I'm running out of yarn, but it's okay. Infants are pretty small :P This isn't all of the squares, and I'm still playing with the placement and size, so it's just what it'll look like with the border.

That's my foot in there, for size reference :P (but I have small feet DX)

blanketborder.gif

blanketborder2.gif

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lady Angelina, I love the blanket. So summer and beachy! :yes

I wasn't really going for a beachy theme, but the stars kind of turned out like starFISH (can you see the difference?), so it feels a lot more beachy than it would, haha. Not that I'm complaining ^o^

I used the wrong size hook for the pattern I was following for the stars. Oh well~!

Thanks a bunch.

Lady Angelina, I love the blanket and I think she will too.

I have taken out and put in more ripples than this baby blanket can hold, I think I finally found which way looks the best. I will post a pic as soon as it is done probably tomorrow.

Ok I give up - I HAVE TO join this CAL. :lol

I have three baby blankets to make all before november - one for an old mentor of mine, one for a classmate, and one for my brother-in-law's older brother. I had previously worked on one and it took forever to finish! I passed up 5 other births within my friends and family before I finished it and by that time, I just decided to donated it to project linus. I really need encouragement to finish the three that I need to make. The problem for me is that I get so bored with repetitious patterns so easily that I'll put a blanket down and then not feel like picking it up again for a while. I hope by crocheting 3 blankets all at the same time, I'll be less bored. What will make this hard is that I can't decide on what patterns to use and what colors the blankets should be - all of the expecting couples want their baby's sex to be a surprise when their babies are born! :think

Ok I give up - I HAVE TO join this CAL. :lol

I have three baby blankets to make all before november - one for an old mentor of mine, one for a classmate, and one for my brother-in-law's older brother. I had previously worked on one and it took forever to finish! I passed up 5 other births within my friends and family before I finished it and by that time, I just decided to donated it to project linus. I really need encouragement to finish the three that I need to make. The problem for me is that I get so bored with repetitious patterns so easily that I'll put a blanket down and then not feel like picking it up again for a while. I hope by crocheting 3 blankets all at the same time, I'll be less bored. What will make this hard is that I can't decide on what patterns to use and what colors the blankets should be - all of the expecting couples want their baby's sex to be a surprise when their babies are born! :think

I have seen some patterns with granny squares that have all the colors. The main color is yellow with the middle of the grannys being blue, pink, purple, and green. that would be neutual

Annie - if they're registered, you can check their registries on-line to see what colors they're choosing. That's what I always do.

For example, black, white, and red are good graphic colors for babies, but I wouldn't make a blanket in those colors for someone who's registered for everything under the sun in mint green! Similarly, I wouldn't make a mint green blanket for someone who's registered for lime green stuff - I think you'd be surprised what qualifies as "baby neutral" nowadays!

i finished the classic baby afghan. i did mine in ww yarn rather than the baby yarn it calls for since i had it in the house and am trying to use up some of my stash. it used a bit over 2 pounds of yarn but will be a great afghan for the cold winter nights. now to start another afghan!

classicbabyafghancrochetgardende-2.jpgnadine

I posted in the first post, everyone who is participating in this CAL and if they finished thier blanket and posted a picture. If I missed anyone please let me know.

I signed up for this CAL months ago, and I am just now making progress. I have finished the body of one of my baby blankets ... and tonight I hope to finish the edging, wash and block. I hope to have pics by tomorrow!

OK! I've got 3 baby blankets in progress. To get them done sooner, I'm joining this CAL.

First one is for granddaughter, and is a copy of one I already made her. She likes it so much, her mother (my DD) wants a duplicate to placate the child while her "blankie" is in the wash. Done with Bernat Baby Coordinates Baby Pink).

536597266_1338bb680f_m.jpg

The next two are for possible sale. Both are completely white (Bernat Baby Soft) One is done in sedge stitch (sc, dc, dc in same stitch, sk two sts).

624630996_530bff786c_m.jpg

Last one is called waffle stitch - very deeply textured using fpdc and dc

624630924_397c99fbf7_m.jpg

Welcome crochetdad, I have tried to teach my husband to crochet but he doesn't have the patience. Very pretty blankies:)

welcome Jimmie Lu good luck entering your blankie.

Id love for my husband to learn also but hahahahahahaha rotfl. If he did we'd have to buy another house to store yarn. Plus he said that we dont need 2 crocheters in the family!! I got my yarn and will hopefully get started soon

• 3 weeks later...

Haha, coincidentally, I've been teaching my husband to crochet recently. He picked it up SO much faster than I thought he would. It's cute xD

Anyway, okay, so I'm almost done. I've got one square to go, actually. I'll get pics soon, promise.

I want the bottom right hand corner to say Skylar Marie, the baby's name, but I don't know how to go about getting a graph or whatever.

The squares are approx 30ch long (it's been a while since I've made a square, so I'll have to check the pattern -- I've been stitching them together forever, it feels like DX)

I've also got all the ends so far weaved in. So I need to get hoppin' on that Skylar Marie square, and border it, and stitch it on, and then go around the whole blanket a few extra times in the border color.

Whew. I've still got my work cut out for me DX...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! Sorry I didn't post this picture here when I finally finished it. This is the baby blanket that I made for my son's school teacher as an end of the year gift for her new baby. For some reason I had such a hard time finding a quick (for me) pattern that I wanted to make for her baby. I started a few times with different patterns only to give up and start a different pattern knowing I wouldn't have time to finish it. I finally decided to make her a rectangle granny instead and that went along VERY quick which is what I was hoping for! I was very happy how it ended up, finished on time for the last day of school... and she LOVED it!! I still have one more baby blanket to make for a longtime friend of mine who is due in Sept. so I'll be hanging around here for a while, checking in with my progress. Everyone's projects look WONDERFUL!!! I always love seeing everyones work. Thanks for all the help and ideas too!

resizebabyblanket.jpg

Archived