Baby Afghan CAL?

amalin06

I'm all done!!! :cheer Here are some pics of my finished project...

47b7db22b3127cce8417408b8aa900000016108Acs2jdw3YtA

47b7db22b3127cce84174177cacd00000016108Acs2jdw3YtA

47b7db22b3127cce84174175cacf00000016108Acs2jdw3YtA

47b7db22b3127cce841741704bfa00000016108Acs2jdw3YtA

The 4th picture shows the color best. Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I will get some pictures of another baby afghan I'm working on and post later.

Can anyone tell me the secret to posting clickable pictures?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to join this. I have started one and have hit a motivation snag. i haven't posted replies before, so I will see if this works and then post some pics tomorrow.

Maria from TX

Selena K, I love your square! Can't wait to see the rest of it

Sourfleed I love that blanket! I am going to have to pull out some baby coordinates and make that one. Can't wait to see the next one.

I finally got more yarn for the first of the baby blankets I'm doing. I also know sorta what color scheme I am going to use for the second one. One of the threads on here shows how to do the shading so I am going to do that with the colors I just need to figure out what stitch to use.

Hi Everyone! :hi I'd like to join in too! I want to make a baby blanket for my son's 1st grade teacher who is expecting and due in Aug. I'll be giving this blanket to her as an end of the school year "thank you" gift for everything that she has done for my son this year at school. Though this gift won't exactly be for "her", I don't think she'll mind and will LOVE it! :D

I'm still looking around for a pattern to use, but leaning towards the pattern that Sourfleed posted earlier. Her blanket came out so beautiful! I don't know if her baby will be a boy or a girl so I'm using Red Heart Soft Baby yarn called New Mint Twinkle which is a green with multi-colored flecks.

I need to get this finished by end of school which is in 2 weeks!!!:eek

Sourfleed,

Your afghans are just lovely....what yarn and patterns did you use, if I may ask? They look gorgeous! :)

Hi Everyone! :hi I'd like to join in too! I want to make a baby blanket for my son's 1st grade teacher who is expecting and due in Aug. I'll be giving this blanket to her as an end of the school year "thank you" gift for everything that she has done for my son this year at school. Though this gift won't exactly be for "her", I don't think she'll mind and will LOVE it! :D

I'm still looking around for a pattern to use, but leaning towards the pattern that Sourfleed posted earlier. Her blanket came out so beautiful! I don't know if her baby will be a boy or a girl so I'm using Red Heart Soft Baby yarn called New Mint Twinkle which is a green with multi-colored flecks.

I need to get this finished by end of school which is in 2 weeks!!!:eek

That's the same yarn I'm using!!!

I hope that it is not too late to join. I am working on a baby blanket for a friend that needs one for a gift. I'll try to post some pictures tonight of what I have gotten done so far.

I'm still looking around for a pattern to use, but leaning towards the pattern that Sourfleed posted earlier.

Sourfleed,

Your afghans are just lovely....what yarn and patterns did you use, if I may ask? They look gorgeous!

Thank you very much for the compliments! :manyheart The pattern I used is found here: http://members.aol.com/fourleafcl1064/page24.html

For the white/pink one, I used Bernat Baby Coordinates & a size I hook. (JenB! - I did this one in 12 days, so you can totally get it done in 2 weeks!!)

For the yellow/pink one, I used Bernat Softee Baby & a size G hook. I am almost done with this one, and I will post pictures as soon as I take some.

I really need to finish another one too...one I'm making from Red Heart Soft Baby yarn in Naptime. I'm on row 5 or 6 of like 11 on the edge...sheesh! Better be a fancy-schmancy edge after 11 rows!!!!! :eek

But I can't quit starting new ones! I started the http://rosylittlethings.typepad.com/TiramisuBlanket.pdf blanket and got through one skein of Caron's Simply Soft and am itching to finish it too...but that one is s.l.o.w. progress with the sc rows! And I don't know what's wrong with me but I had to add like 10 chains to the starting row in order to make look big enough that it would even be useful for a newborn! Even with adding the 10 chains, without the border I'm only at about 26-27 inches wide. Has anyone else made this blanket and had the same problem???

I completed my dd's beadspread.. it turned out so cute!... Still haven't taken pics yet, but will this week. Finals are almost over at my college (Anatomy ones on Tuesday and that's it!!!) and I'll have some sanity breaks upcoming where I can focus on things that I need to do. :clap

I've also started on one of three lacy baby blankets that I need to make for upcoming baby showers. :hook

Take care all!

Is it too late to join this CAL? I just joined Crochetville for the sole purpose of joining this thread ^_^;

For the past few days I've been scouring the forums, and I decided to register so that I could join this CAL with you.

You see, my cousin is expecting in about three weeks, and I just started a modified pattern of the one I found on the inside of the yarn I found, and I keep messing up and frogging my work and I'd like some encouragement so that I'll be able to finish it in time xD!

The pattern is 5 x 6 squares, alternating pink and green (it's a girl baby... and I like green), each with a star in the middle. I've got one square done. It's kind of rectangle-ish. This is in green.

star-square.gif

This picture shows the true colors of the yarns a lot better:

true-colors.gif

I'd really like to join this, if that's okay ^^;;

Sourfleed,

I finished the same blanket last week (the Tiramisu one) and even with going up a hook size or two and adding about ten chains, like you did, mine is also not huge. Mine measures about 33 inches by 27 or 28 inches. I should've made it longer but I got so tired of the endless sc rows that I decided to quit. :)

Nice to see another Utahn here, by the way!

Selena K, thanks so much for the praise, though I don't really deserve it. On my course through the second square I realised that I messed up on the star of the first, haha...

The second square I made was in pink, and it was to the pattern correctly. I went to make another in green, thinking I had it down, and less than halfway through I looked at it, compared them, and realised I made the same mistake as with the other green.

Green is my favorite color, and I seem to have a big problem with it. I think it's a good color combo, too. I'm going to use a hot pink around each square as a border, and a few rows of it around the whole thing. I hope the little one likes it!

http://www.incandescence.shinjuu.net/blog/two-square.gif

That's a link to an image of the two first squares side-by-side. Can you tell the difference? DX

http://www.incandescence.shinjuu.net/blog/two-square.gif

That's a link to an image of the two first squares side-by-side. Can you tell the difference? DX

Actually, I'm looking and I can't. I think they look fine.

...Oh wait. I just took a second look. Honestly, unless Mommy and Baby are counting ch-1 spaces in all the squares, I don't think they'll notice. I think everyone's allowed to make a little mistake like that. I kept doing it in the square for my own afghan--sc 9 in the ch-7 space instead of 10. But I still think it will look okay in the grand scheme of the finished blanket, and I think yours will too. :manyheart

Thanks a bunch! It's hard for me to accept flaws in my work, and I usually wind up taking the whole thing out and starting over, but I'm growing to accept the square. Especially since it was my first full one.

Hopefully your one-stitch flaw won't show too much, and whoever looks at it probably won't even notice, haha. And my Mommy and Baby pair have no idea about crochet, so I think the secret is safe within Crochetville.

Hi! I've finally decided on a pattern to use for the baby blanket. I was having such a hard time finding one that I really wanted to make but decided on one called Hugs & Kisses Baby Afghan. The link is:

http://www.shotzies.com/resource/hugsbabyaf.html

I am using light green and a pastel variagated yarn for this. I've only done a few rows of it so far, but working on it now and will post as I continue along!

Good luck, JenB! I'm sure it'll turn out great for you; that's such a nice pattern. I'm looking forward to your progress ^_^

I'm thinking about doing this: http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa120702.htm as a border to my blanket, but I'm not sure. It's looks pretty easy, and fun, and my friend said it would give it a professional flair, so I'm considering it. What do you guys think?

Good luck, JenB! I'm sure it'll turn out great for you; that's such a nice pattern. I'm looking forward to your progress ^_^

I'm thinking about doing this: http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa120702.htm as a border to my blanket, but I'm not sure. It's looks pretty easy, and fun, and my friend said it would give it a professional flair, so I'm considering it. What do you guys think?

I just did that stitch around a fleece blanket my 1yr old claimed for himself. I had to cut it in half so he wouldn't get tangled in it at night so I put a green border around one half and I am going to put an orange border around the other half so now he has two! It's actually funny how he claimed it. My husband takes naps on the couch when he gets home from work and my son would go and pull the blanket off of him wrap himself up in it and lay down on the floor and watch T.V.

I would love to join you all, if I could. I have about five blankets to make in the next few months, and really want to get them all done quickly. Maybe a little encouragement would help me from straying to other projects.

Everyone's work looks beautiful, by the way.

I finally finished the blanket last night. I kept putting it to the side to work on other things. The pictures are clickable and the bottom picture is more like the true color of the blanket. Here it is:

th_Jenniferbabyblanket008b.jpg

th_Jenniferbabyblanket007b.jpg

th_Jenniferbabyblanket006b.jpg

I'm going to jump in and join this CAL because my 2nd nephew is coming in 8 1/2 weeks and he needs a blankie!

I have yet to decide on the pattern though. I really like the one sourfleed did in white w/the pink border. It's just beautiful. I also have Bernats Coordinates yarn (5 skeins), but in blue. I tried a different pattern 2 days ago and had to frog it. I am finding this yarn difficult to work with. It has that satin stripe down the middle of the yarn which is really pretty but it is also springy which I did not realize until I tried to crochet with it. That satin stripe makes it hard to distinguish the stitches. Has anyone else had this problem? I was using a H hook but I may try an I hook and see if that makes a difference.

Archived