Baby Afghan CAL?

amalin06

Those blankets are lovely! I may join in. One friend is 6 weeks pregnant. I may do a blanket as a christmas gift as this baby is due in december, few days after my birthday. :) I will keep an eye on this thread.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might have to find a small baby blanket to do. My 22 month old is getting to the point of playing with dollies. Nana crocheted her a granny square center lap blanket so I might make her one about the same size in a lighter weight for the summer months. It does get kinda hot here in West Texas.

I want to join! I am as new as you get here....found the website last week. But I DO have baby blankets that need to be done quickly! I started one quite a while back but it was too bulky for what I needed so I'm unravelling as I am crocheting it into something different! This one is working up much quicker.

This is the pattern I'm doing. I'm using Bernat's Baby Coordinates With a size I hook. (I am a BAD procrastinator and actually need to have this done before May 5th. Hope I can be inspired to keep at it! http://members.aol.com/fourleafcl1064/page24.html

I will add pictures later if I can figure out how. :wink

Turns out I don't have enough yarn for the one piece I was making, so I'm going to frog it and make a ripple, alternating with one other color, depending what I can find in my stash. I'm also finishing up a big afghan for my nephew and his wife. Guess I'll have to post a picture of that elsewhere!

All of your blankets and yarns look very pretty! I especially like the 'sandman' pattern, may have to buy that one!

ooo, I'm in! I'm somewhere around three quarters of the way through a granny square baby blanket for my belly bean, but it's so hard to keep motivated - and it's not even very big! I'll take some WIP pictures soon, I really love the colors and they all look so nice together. I'm just winging it for a pattern though, I'm making really basic granny squares in blue, purple, green, and pink Bernat Baby Coordinates, then I'm using the same yarn in white to crochet them all together.

I'd love to be part of this. I'm currently making a granny square bedspread for my 2 1/2 yo DD. She's outgrown her baby blankie! :cry I also have two baby blankets to do, one due this summer and the other due this fall. I'm thinking of doing the lacy baby blanket in Family Circle's Easy Crochet Spring 2007. It's just darling! I'll post WIP pics of my DD's bedspread ASAP.

Updated progress:

47b7da06b3127cce84593528f48f00000016108Acs2jdw3YtA

It's folded in half twice - I think I'm about halfway done.

Here is another picture of the same pattern with a smaller hook and different colors that I'm also working on:

47b7da06b3127cce8459352975be00000016108Acs2jdw3YtA

I'm using the Bernat Softee Baby on this and a size G hook - it's much slower progress than the white one with the I hook. :)

It's fun to see everyone's progress! Post pictures when you can!

This is my progress on the first baby blanket. It is in sc so it is taking forever.

P4250074.jpg

Here is a close up. If you look at the rib (I crocheted in the BLO in every forth row to get that rib) that is where I am going to crochet the ripple part when I am done with the base of the blanket.

P4250082.jpg

Count me in. I finished the starghan CAL and unfortunately the little tyke was born before I got a picture taken. :)

This blankets not needed till Sept so hopefully I'll have lots of time to get a pic posted.

http://www.marymaxim.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10003_50001_3074457345616739992_-1_3074457345616686307_3074457345616686308

This is the one I'm doing. Not a fan of all the squares so wish me luck :)

jura that is so nice! I love the colors!!! And I know what you mean about that Bernat softee - it is so much fun to work with!

I am almost finished with my afghan - working on the second to the last row on the trim. I will likely finish tonight and post a picture of the completed project!

Great job everyone on your blankets!

Wow the blankets so far are just gorgeous.

I said I would post a picture of what I have finish so far but I forgot. So here is are two clickable pictures of where I was a week ago. I have gotten a little further but not much as I have a few projects going at once.

th_JenBabyBlanket42507C.jpg

th_JenBabyBlanket42507B.jpg

I finally got one motif done..ya! My SIL also told me she is thinking of waiting and making these christmas presents instead of when the baby's are born in August. At this speed that is probably a good thing. Everyone seems to be slowly making progress. keep up the good work! :)

Wow the blankets so far are just gorgeous.

I said I would post a picture of what I have finish so far but I forgot. So here is are two clickable pictures of where I was a week ago. I have gotten a little further but not much as I have a few projects going at once.

I love that yarn you used--it looks shimmery in the pictures. What kind is it?

Anyway, I've been pretty quiet since I joined this CAL, but I think I will finally have time to start my baby blanket today. Yay for long car rides and husbands willing to drive!

Selena K, The yarn is Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere. I don't think I would use it again for a blanket though. It is really soft, beautiful, and light weight but it splits VERY easily and it takes a ton of it to make a blanket (Good thing I got it for a very good price :) )

Selena K, The yarn is Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere. I don't think I would use it again for a blanket though. It is really soft, beautiful, and light weight but it splits VERY easily and it takes a ton of it to make a blanket (Good thing I got it for a very good price :) )

Hmm, thanks for the warning. It is very beautiful though.

Anyway, we just got back from Richmond. Meet the Queen? Ha! Yeah, right--no room to breathe there today! Oh well, that wasn't our reason for going there today anyway. And at least I got a chance to get started on my baby afghan. :yay It's going to be made from granny squares:

482998372_ee87eb7c5f_m.jpg

Archived