Prayer Shawl --KAL

kittytigger

Julie, I have a confession about Homespun...I have to use stitch markers when I crochet with it! The prayer shawl pattern I use starts out with a chain 7, so I mark the stitch I'll need to go back into, then I mark the turning stitch. After that, I just need to mark the turning stitches, because across the rows I'm working in spaces. Otherwise I could never do it!

I am making a rectangle granny with it also, but I used Excel to graph out my starting chain and chart out each stitch I would need to work into, and placed stitch markers. Again, after the first round, I'm working into spaces so I just have to mark the top of the turning chain.

It's awful, isn't it? I've been told before to "feel" for the stitches, but I've not been able to do it yet. I thought it would be better with knitting, since the stitches are on the needle when you work into them, but it wasn't!

I might try the Bernat Chunky. I love the colors and I've been looking for an excuse to buy some...

Hi Glenda

The Bernat Chunky is what I got to make the scarf project they are working on together in here . It is a real nice yarn, thick and squishy.

I got the light grey color -

Hope you like it if that's what you decide to go with . :)

Well. I completely frogged my prayer shawl last night and started over. I found that with this project I do not like my circular needles. I started again on a pair of slightly smaller straight needles and it is going much faster. I was able to do about 10 rows last night. Hopefully, will find time to work on this some more this evening.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I just read about the KNITTING part of C'Ville over here, and this is the FIRST post I've read and am going to join in on!

I've already cast on the 71 stitches, but I am using a size 10 needles (CORRECTION - I'm going to go get the larger needles and start again) since my largest (size 13) ones already have another prayer shawl halfway done on it (it's a triangle and with the "dishcloth" pattern).

Anyway, I am using Homespun Nouveau and can't wait to see how this turns out! :yay

Hello! I went and purchased a set of size 15 circular needles (and size 17 straights) with my 40% off Joann's coupon last night! I got 6"s done on the shawl and am liking how it's turning out! It's got a little bit of a lacey look, which certainly didn't show up with the size 10 needles!

How is everyone else coming along?!

I finished the first skein for this Shawl KAL, and it is 18". I thought it might be a little larger, but that's okay!

Hope more join in soon! :cheer

Hello! I have FINISHED the shawl I started with this KAL! Finished, it is 33" x 62"! And it will be given to one of my Pine Ridge elders!

Now to get back to my triangle one, which is currently 24" x 52"!

Hope more people join in on this KAL soon! ;)

Hello! I have FINISHED the shawl I started with this KAL! Finished, it is 33" x 62"! And it will be given to one of my Pine Ridge elders!

Congrats on finishing the shawl!!! I'm still working on mine, but then I don't have a lot of time to work on it at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

thats anice pattern but i have to finish some of my ufo`s to start it

i have crochet afghans , crochet wearables, knitted sweatters and scarves eeeek

• 2 months later...

Sorry that I havn't been back here in a while. We had some family emergencies that came up and I couldn't even get to a computer for very long.

I will say that My shawl is finished!! I did mess up on it and now it's the size of a lap blanket for my daughter, so I'm going to try again at a later date. But I'm also going to try to recreate the shawls that my mother used to make as well.

Archived