Wow! Look at all this room!

lindamry

Hi everyone! I am so glad I can talk with others who like to crochet & knit! I am learning to knit from a neighbor of mine. Once a week, I go to her house and for 2-3 hours we knit. I know how to cast on, knit & purl. The first item I am making is a knit purse, to be felted to cover my mistakes. I am about half way through the purse. Once finished, I will post pics. But like I said, we meet once a week so it will be a while. The other days I am crocheting.

I want to do socks next......Hmmm, I'm up to the challenge.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm I'm a super beginner, I only knit scarves...no ambition for now but I love being able to use eyelash yarns and homespun and not have to worry about not being able to see my previous stitches...much easier work with when knitting than crochet :) and that's all the experience I have but it's very relaxing...I hope to learn something more from this group...and thank you Amy!

I have been knitting for the past three years. I have tought my freinds how to knit. I love to make baby blankets.

Once I get my current projects under control I hope to begin practicing with the "pointy sticks"...I'd love to be able to make some baby blakets for Project Linus using a Lion Brand pattern I downloaded.

Hi everyone! I've been knitting since I was 7, my grandma only knit. It was something she and I did together every weekend. I was slow going until about a year ago when everyone I knew started having babies! I have all my grandmas needles now since she passed away a couple of years ago, so I've been getting pretty good at it! I still stick to fairly simple patterns but I love the way they come out!

Jessica, your blog shows your work beautifully!! ...and the women in my family crocheted, so my DNA was hard-wired to do that first! I'm like you - I just love the way some things look when they're knitted.

Hello folks

A big thank you to Amy for adding this area . I just now found out about it thanks to Linda Y ~~ :)

I havent takent the time yet to read through all the posts, but it does sound like my type of area. I see a few familiar names here . I am like the one girl who said she has been a beginner for 20 years. Sounds a lot like me !

Here's hoping that this new area with the help of others will be just the ticket I need to help me learn a little more .

I can do the basics- Cast on, knit and purl ,but nothing beyond that yet .

• 3 weeks later...

I just joined today as well--I had no idea there was a new knitting section here! That'll teach me to read the announcements occasionally. :lol

I had two knitting lessons from my grandmother when I was 10, but that's more than twenty years ago now. I got a knitting book from the library a couple of weeks ago and my daughter and I learned (re-learned, in my case) how to cast on, knit, and purl. I like the "continental" style--I had never done it before and it feels really great. (I'm a lefty.) Knitting kind of scares me because it seems so hard, but I am sure crocheting was like that for me at first. Glad to join you wonderful people! :)

Archived