Special Interest Usergroups for Knitters

Amy

:cheer :cheer

I joined both, too!

I've lurked at some knitting boards, but never felt the welcoming spirit I feel here!

And besides, knitting is like my hobby from my hobby, if ykwim? It's what I do when my crochet is frustrating me, lol.

Thanks, Amy and all for listening to a question we didn't even ask! You guys rock!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the addition is great. What a wonderful way to show that Crochetville is not prejudice against knitting in anyway.

I have joined knitting forums but I have never found a place as warm friendly and helpful as Crochetville. I don't see the new knitting section as taking away from the site but adding and enriching the site.

Hey maybe some knitting snobs might find us and realize how much we all have in common.....well I can dream can't I?

I think it is a wonderful idea to have this choice. I have not learned yet, I found it more difficult than crochet, but there are alot of people that do both, and I may just give it a try again one day.

Crochetville is full of caring, sensitive and giving people and to have both of these arts under one roof is comprehensive and convenient as well as a safe haven for those not wanting to surf another site.

I do have one question..... If one decides to join and finds it not as appealing as they thought, can one un-join?

Thanks to you all who make this a wonderful, enjoying place.

I do have one question..... If one decides to join and finds it not as appealing as they thought, can one un-join?

Absolutely! Just follow the same steps that you do to join (going through the link in your User CP), and it will list all the groups that you have joined. You'll be able to Leave any group the same way that you joined.

So everyone feel free to join the groups, even if you just want to check them out for a day or two. You can leave whenever you want without any hassle if you decide you're not interested in knitting right now after all. :)

I think this is a great idea. I have been trying so hard to learn how to knit but I constantly feel like I'm all thumbs. I can handle the basic stitches but I don't want to make scarves forever :lol. Now there's a spot on my favorite site to get help when I'm trying new stitches.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Thank you, Amy and Donna! I joined both too. I'm really just a beginner; I only 'relearned' 2 years ago. But there's a specific knit project I've tried to get help on two other boards for a year and not had any success. I know the friendly souls here at the 'Ville will be able to help. And I'm glad it's set up so that you have to seek it out; not hidden, but doesn't detract from the main love of crochet we celebrate. Thank you!!:clap:hug Patty

How great is this ? :yay

I have crocheted almost all my life (since I was 10). Tried knitting once in my 20s and gave up - tried again last year and liked it this time. I still consider myself a beginner. :)

I love that the main focus is still on crochet because that is, after all, the reason we came here in the first place. I love that you have the OPTION to join these groups.

What a great idea - THANK YOU !! :manyheart

Thanks, Amy!! :c9

I just saw this thread by accident...and on other threads we have been tossing around the idea of learning to knit. I was shown the basics of making a scarf so many years ago it doesn't even count!

Hi, Kathy B...I'm here with ya!...without someone to guide me I'll flounder and give up!! I love the challenge of learning new things.

This is GREAT!! I know the basic of knitting and USED to do it until I got hooked :hook . But, I do know how to spool knit (still have my original one)and I have a handmade knitting loom. After seeing some of the new long and round ones almost makes me want to try it out!

This is great! Thank you so much to the admins for providing this for us. I taught myself how to knit a couple of months ago and am enjoying it as much as my crochet, so I am excited to have a place to discuss it with the others here at Crochetville. I love this board and none of the other knitting boards compare, so having this option here makes it that much more wonderful :manyheart

Now I'm off to subscribe.

Awsome, I joined the beginners, I am also making kermit jealous. My hands hurt from crocheting so I would like to put my hook down for a bit and take up 2 needles to try. I am looking foward to this. thanks again

Diane

Thank you, Thank you! I love this place! I have just learned to knit and am making a purse (to felt so I can cover my mistakes)! This will be my first knitted item. I have been meeting with an elderly neighbor who is teaching me. I am so happy to be able to come to this forum to share, get encouragement and learn - whether it be knit or crochet. I love both! :manyheart I have been to other knitting forums and they have not been helpful or as friendly as the people here at Crochetville. I am so happy to have this option and thank you to the administrators for making this available. This is such a unique community and I love that I found it and am a part of it! :c9

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed all the new things you all are doing and it is fantastic! The list of LYS favorable to crochet, the list of crochet events (wish there was something in Michigan!), etc., is simply awesome! So much helpful information!

And now the knitter's groups...absolutely wonderful! I've already been treated extremely well here at the Ville when I've asked for knitting help and received many responses to posting in Show and Tell...favorable responses, of course. I never see any negative comments in Show and Tell. Everyone is always so kind and complimentary.

But this will put all us knitters together so we don't have to go hunting for one another and hope a knitter sees our post before it meanders off the 1st page in 20 seconds as they sometimes seem to! :lol

Thank you, ladies, for being so very thoughtful of the membership! :ty

:manyheart:hug :hug :hug:manyheart

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure at this point. We don't want to add so many groups that we have a second knitting board here at Crochetville, but we also want to let our members talk with each other easily about knitting.

Let Donna and me think about this one, and if you're interested in a separate loom knitting user group, let me know.

I don't know how I missed this! What a cool option. I just love how accommodating C'ville is.

I just joined both groups. I don't know if I'd classify myself as an experienced knitter . . . but I definitely have no fear in throwing myself into a difficult pattern.

I'm not sure at this point. We don't want to add so many groups that we have a second knitting board here at Crochetville, but we also want to let our members talk with each other easily about knitting.

Let Donna and me think about this one, and if you're interested in a separate loom knitting user group, let me know.

Amy,

Although I did ask about a separate loom knitting user group a while ago, I'd like to cast a "yes" vote for it now too please (:manyheart)!

And thanks for considering it. You and Donna are the best (:clap)!

Hi! I love this idea! I've tried to teach myself to knit but it feels so darn awkward, lol. I'll definitely be popping in for help. I've been regularly reading Svetlana's "My Knitting Island" blog and feeling very very jealous. I also read Crazy Aunt Purl's blog and I want to try some of their projects!

Thanks!

I was so excited to see this post! The "ville" is the first place I log onto and love everything about it. The people are great and I have so many choices of topics to read. Now, I am even happier because I do both knitting and crocheting. I am a better knitter than a crocheter and have come here for my crochet refresher course. Hopefully, I can help others as they have helped me. I don't know why people seperate themselves and are upset if they are called a crochet person or a knit person. To me, I love my crafts and if I can learn from someone, share what I know, lend support and make a friend along the way...that is what is important. Thank you so much for adding to the site!

Wow, Not sure how I missed this thread either....But WOOHOO. I am 'trying' to knit. Ok, something other than a dishcloth or a scarf LOL. Currently STRUGGLING with a hat, but I am to stubborn to give up...I am so thrilled to see I can come here for help and advice!!

This is THE BEST place in the whole NET!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
:cheer Oh thank you thank you! I love knitting, I'm better at it than crichet. I have been looking for a message board as good as this one for knitting since I found this one.

Last Christmas I received a set of those "round" loom knit thingies but haven't gotten the hang of them yet. Would certainly join a "loom" message board. Sure need the HELP!!!!

Archived