Stuffed Ferret?

lakota85usa

Question

Has anyone ever seen a crochet pattern for a stuffed ferret? I would love a thread one but doubt if one exists for thread and a yarn one easily can be done in thread.

I've seached online and haven't come across any. I was wondering if anyone knows of a site or name of a pattern book that would have a ferret pattern. I have a friend who does foster care or something like that with ferrets and I'd like to surprise her by making one for her.

Many thanks beforehand.

Pam

Hmmmmmmmm,

I don't know. :idea Brainstorming here, maybe you can look at the different animal patterns. For instance, the face and head kind of looks like a mouse so crochet the head of the mouse. Then the body could be the size of a cat and maybe pick something with a long neck like the giraffe and just shorten the pattern enough for the ferret's head. Just a thought

Hmmmmmmmm,

Then the body could be the size of a cat ...

But longer. Ferrets bodies are like cats but longer and bendable. You can actually twist a ferret or bend them in ways that you can't with a cat. Face & legs is very much like a mouse/rat. Tail like a bushy cat tail but not super long hair.

Here's a good image of a ferret face.

You could probably take the pattern for this dog:

http://www.sarahanns.com/crochetworks/dawg.html

and shorten the body by a WHOLE lot! Then make a head seperate and sew it onto the body. After that, add some facial details, feet, a tail...it might work! But you'll have to be willing to try!

I'm on it, folks! Fuzzy Ferret has been percolating in the back of my head since I ran my suggest-a-pattern contest a couple of months ago, and I am going to GO FOR IT! I've got my preliminary sketches done, so I'll keep you posted :)

I'm on it, folks! Fuzzy Ferret has been percolating in the back of my head since I ran my suggest-a-pattern contest a couple of months ago, and I am going to GO FOR IT! I've got my preliminary sketches done, so I'll keep you posted :)

WOOHOOO!! :cheer I didnt know we had so many ferret lovers here!!:clap I'd loooOOooove to have a copy of the graph pattern, etc of a ferret! Please count me in too!!!:yes:hug

Krystal:hook

:yay:woo I just met a ferret owner... so I am excited. I think it'd be a great gift.

Me too!

Me three please and thank you. I've been looking for a stuffed ferret pattern for a few months now and the only thing that came close was a meerkat at Craftster. A friend of mine fosters sick ferrets for the local shelter and my family has 4 ferrets of our own. We've been looking for a way to raise money for the shelter and I thought stuffies would be good fundraisers.

Ferret pattern update: I've been visiting pet stores to watch and measure the ferrets, so I'm about ready to start. Just waiting for Michaels to get their next yarn shipment (they are currently sold out of the yarn I want in all THREE different Michaels stores I have tried :( ) and then I will get crocheting!

Archived