Stuffed Ferret?

lakota85usa

Question

Has anyone ever seen a crochet pattern for a stuffed ferret? I would love a thread one but doubt if one exists for thread and a yarn one easily can be done in thread.

I've seached online and haven't come across any. I was wondering if anyone knows of a site or name of a pattern book that would have a ferret pattern. I have a friend who does foster care or something like that with ferrets and I'd like to surprise her by making one for her.

Many thanks beforehand.

Pam

Ferret pattern update: I've been visiting pet stores to watch and measure the ferrets, so I'm about ready to start.and then I will get crocheting!

June,

Thank you for the update and I do sooooo appreciate you tackling this endeavor.

Take care.

Pam

Add me to the ferret frenzy. My Dilly passed away suddenly two years ago, and I miss him so much.

My daughter is 4 years old, and verrrrry active now, so we're a ferret-free house for a while, and I'd love a crocheted furty-furt to keep me company until I can get a new foldable pet!

I still have all of Dilly's stuff in my garage; I just can't bear to part with it yet. I keep saying I'll give it to a ferret rescue, but then it means I'll never have another little weasel...

I've just finished crocheting up my first ferret! I'm going to finish up his a little friend with some modifications and then I'll get the pattern written up :)

Wanna see? Click here!

Ohhhh June, the ferret is soooooooo cute. I am so happy that I posted the original request for a stuffed ferret pattern. I can't wait to see the pattern.

Thanks a million you are an angel.

Pam

Ferret pattern update: I've been visiting pet stores to watch and measure the ferrets, so I'm about ready to start. Just waiting for Michaels to get their next yarn shipment (they are currently sold out of the yarn I want in all THREE different Michaels stores I have tried :( ) and then I will get crocheting!

Write the pattern down because I definitely want a copy! :yes:ty

you clever thing:clap

can't wait for the pattern to go on sale:ccompute

my son will LOVE this one:yay

well done you:cheer :cheer :cheer

He is adorable! I may have to make this one when you get a pattern ready. We used to have 3 ferrets from babies to old age (Meeko, Roxie & Rosie) but I was too heartbroken when they passed to get another ferret.

I would just like to say that those are the most adorable ferrets EVER! Except for my furbabies themselves!

I am buying that pattern as soon as it is available and all my projects go on hold until I make this little guy. I cannot wait. :cheer

I've just finished crocheting up my first ferret! I'm going to finish up his a little friend with some modifications and then I'll get the pattern written up :)

Wanna see? Click here!

Sorry I'm so late replying, things have kept me busy and off the computer. This little guy and his friend are adorable, thank you so much for working up the pattern for them. They're almost as cute as our four ferrets.

Sorry I'm so late replying, things have kept me busy and off the computer. This little guy and his friend are adorable, thank you so much for working up the pattern for them. They're almost as cute as our four ferrets.

You're welcome, and thank you!

But longer. Ferrets bodies are like cats but longer and bendable. You can actually twist a ferret or bend them in ways that you can't with a cat. Face & legs is very much like a mouse/rat. Tail like a bushy cat tail but not super long hair.

Here's a good image of a ferret face.

Sounds like you really know a lot about ferrets. Are those your ferrets in the picture? Never really known ferrets' bodies can be twisted and bent... could sound like animal cruelty to some people... :lol

Lawrence

Welcome to Crochetville!

That is a cute ami ferret.  However, you're replying to a thread that is almost 10 years old.  Most, if not all, of the people that posted on this thread are no longer active on this forum.  It's easier to get a response when you start a new thread or reply to more recent threads.  :)

Archived