Comfortghan for Co-Worker Diagnosed with Cancer

LaurieE

No, you don't have to launder the squares and no, you didn't flub up. I always wash my squares prior to sending because I smoke.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think it's the dryer and the heat setting. I didn't have this problem before my daughter moved in and the setting got changed. When the afghan is done, I'll wash it by itself and make sure the dryer is set on delicate.

I'm taking tonight off from crocheting because my hands are cramping but tomorrow night I'm going to lay out the squares and start joining them together. The afghan won't be done before her surgery on Wednesday but she'll have it to cuddle with while she recovers.

I want to thank everyone who helped me with this project.

Things didn't turn out quite as I had planned. I sat down to watch tv and found I couldn't just sit there, not doing anything so I did 2 rows in the afghan I'm working on for the Miscellaneous Afghan CAL.

I was thinking of laying all the squares out and moving them around until I found a scheme I liked. I'll post a photo later tonight of the layout and then again after it's joined.

Here's the preliminary layout. It worked out that it can alternate solid and multicolor.

I'm sorry I couldn't get all the blocks in the photo. It worked out to be 6 squares x 8 squares. You'll have to excuse the blue blanket. I'm going to join it in winter white. I'll post pictures as I go along.

She had her surgery today. I'm not sure when she goes home. Others have said she will only stay in the hospital for 2 days because she has Medicare. I would think she would stay in the hospital longer than that.

It looks really nice. So many nice colors.

Poor dear - I hope her surgery went well. And I HOPE she stays in longer than 2 days...gosh. That would be terrible - the pain she will be in. sigh. I will say a prayer for her tonight.

Belated Mail Call -- I received these beautiful squares from Jeannie (Loopy1)

Updates:

1. From what her husband said, my co-worker came through the surgery great. They sent her home the next day (because she's on Medicare).

2. Four rows are done on the afghan. I'm hoping to have it completed this weekend.

i am so glad you got mine. its going to be beautiful i am honored to have helped your coworker, am praying she recovers and is soon cancer free. how horrible for her and her family, thank goodness laurie she has such a nice friend as you., you are a special person to think of your coworker this way. many people would not have bothered. she is going to love it i hope. please tell her she has prayers from washington state as well as all the others coming in for her. :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

As of Friday, no. I just finished the afghan tonight. When your squares arrive, I'll make a pillow to go along with the afghan.

Sherri, I went to the mailbox after work and there were no squares. I'm sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to let everyone know the afghan and pillow were given to my co-worker this afternoon. She was definitely surprised. It amazed her that people from all over the country would send squares. She may even join Crochetville because she liked the idea of sending squares for charity.

She looks good. She was on her way to a doctor's appointment to have the stitches removed.

I just want to thank everyone again who helped with this project.

Archived