Comfortghan for Co-Worker Diagnosed with Cancer

LaurieE

I'll be out of town today and tomorrow but I'll be back on Sunday if anyone has any questions.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, Suzy, those are pretty! I'm not sure but are the top one and the bottom one Circle of Friends? I love that square.

Laurie, I should be getting 2 in the mail to you tomorrow.

:manyheart:hug

Suzy -- those are lovely. I tried making that pattern (the top & bottom ones) but mine didn't turn out nearly as nice as yours.

yep, Jeannie, that's the one. I love it, too! I came across it the other night searching for 8" squares! Just when I think I've found most everything on the net......:think :think hmmmm...wonder what other patterns await to be discovered out there....LOL

Of course I've never been a "square" person - never have done an afghan of that type. But I've found that I really like to do them!

Laurie - the purple one was the first one, and there's a bit of a mistake in one of the corners. The yellow one came out better.

Have either of you tried that Daisy Charity square? I got the pattern yesterday and I just couldn't deal with trying to figure it out last night. LOL. I Hope one of these days I'll be able to tackle it.

My co-worker stopped by my office this morning to tell me what the doctors decided her options were. They decided it would be best to remove the breast. We they won't know about removing any limph nodes until the day of the surgery which is April 25th. She will be out for 4 weeks.

Oh, Laurie, I'm so sorry to hear about the surgery. I'll be so glad when my daughter gets her mammogram done so we'll at least know something. Yes, we both have our faith but to think of her having to go through that is heart-breaking. We do know that God will be going through it with her and me. This is tough on a mom as well! Medical treatment has advanced so much and if it is cancerous, hopefully, it is being detected early.

Suzy, what pattern is the middle square you made? I forgot to ask...it's very pretty! Oh, I did the daisy square and should be able to help you out when we both have the time. The one I made is for Laurie and I need to make at least one for Kristin! Maybe we can do it on Instant Messenger. Let me know via pm.

:manyheart:hug

Don't worry about not taking a picture. I did the very same thing when I sent my squares off to 2 other comfortghans. I'll take pictures when the squares come in and post them when I do the mail call.

I hope I'm not too late - I've been battling strep throat for 3 days. I'm getting my 4 squares in the mail today - I finally feel like leaving the house!

I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. You're not too late.

Mail Call --- I received these beautiful squares today.

Trish (Crochetlady100)

Heather (hseger)

Heather -- I noticed after I wash my blocks that they suddenly get a very strange shape also. I've even put them in a lingerie bag and they still come out weird. I think it has something to do with the dryer. They'll be fine once they're joined in the afghan.

:think :think Oops. Ok I am feeling stupid here. This is my first time EVER doing squares for a comfortghan. Was I supposed to launder the squares?:think :think I am so sorry. There were 2 that weren't quite 8" so I spritzed them and blocked them to 8".

Soooo....did I flub up here?? :blush

Mail Call --- I received these beautiful squares today.

Trish (Crochetlady100)

Heather (hseger)

Heather -- I noticed after I wash my blocks that they suddenly get a very strange shape also. I've even put them in a lingerie bag and they still come out weird. I think it has something to do with the dryer. They'll be fine once they're joined in the afghan.

Thanks I'm glad you can use them. They seemed to have come out wonkier than usual :hook I think I might have 2 different weights of yarn or something who knows :think:D

Archived