Comfortghan for Co-Worker Diagnosed with Cancer

LaurieE

There's a really sweet woman I work with who was just diagnosed with cancer. I would like to do a comfortghan for her to help keep her spirits up. I need to put one together rather quickly because her surgery will probably be scheduled for sometime within the next few weeks. Any help you can give me in this would be greatly appreciated.

The squares should be 8" and for the color: pastels and white.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can do one or two by the end of the week. PM me your address!

Do you know what kind of cancer? Many of them have a "color" (think ribbons) associated with them.

Yes, I know the type of cancer but I didn't want to go with the official color since she said she liked pastels. She doesn't know about the comfortghan.

A specific border color isn't necessary. Depending on the colors of the squares, I'm thinking of either joining with white or with a pastel variegated that I have.

Do you want white in all the squares along with a pastel color?

OR are solid pastels, multi pastels or 2 or 3 pastel colors in the same square okay?

:manyheart:hug

Anything you do is fine with me. White does not need to be in all the squares. If you want to make solid squares, that's perfectly fine. In fact, I'm starting to lean towards solid squares.

I did notice tonight in making the squares with a pastel (I was using light blue) and white, the color didn't stand out as much as I thought it would so I'm putting more color and just a tad of white when I do a combo square. I'm also going to be making solid squares.

I don't mean to wishy-washy about this. I'm just trying to keep it simple for everyone because I know everyone is busy.

I don't mean to wishy-washy about this. I'm just trying to keep it simple for everyone because I know everyone is busy.

You're not being wishy-washy. I'm being too particular! ... just wanna be sure you get squares you can definitely use.

We're all thinking about squares, what about your friend? Is her cancer treatable? I'll be praying for her.

:manyheart:hug

Hopefully the surgery will solve the problem. I might as well say because it's getting hard for me to talk around it. She has breast cancer and they will have to do a radical mastectomy (sp?) because they found more cancer cells beyond what they thought was the "safe zone".

I feel so bad. She is just so precious. She's in her 60's and still working. She never has a harsh word to say about anybody or anything. She's always happy and upbeat. She is a true Lady in every sense of the word.

Oh no..I am so sorry about your co-worker!! That stinks!

I would love to help. What size squares are you looking for? If you already specified..I apologize. I will go back and re-read..but I don't think I saw a mention of size........

i will make a couple for her, poor sweetie, will keep her in my prayers, please pm me with a addy and can do those this week and get them to you hopefully by friday:manyheart:manyheart

Variegated would be lovely. The squares do not have to have white in them.

Laurie,

I went to my local Hallmark store yesterday to pick up my monthly card organizer book. For the month of April it is National Cancer Control month. Isn't that just bizarre?!:yes

I pray for your co-worker as she goes through her struggles with fighting this cancer that she recovers just as well as my best friend's mother did. I certainly hope so.

I also want a prayer chain for my best friend who is going into surgery for a hysterectomy next Thursday. To cut this short as I don't want to go into much detail the doctors found her ovaries as pre-cancerous. This is why she is having the surgery because it will help her. 7 years after her last pregnancy which ended up as a still born, the doctor found a mis shaping uterus.

She is the only friend I've got. Almost like the sister I never had. (I only have two brothers) I would be a basket case if something would ever happen to her and we are only in our late 30's. This is the friend that 10 years ago taught me how to crochet and I got very impatient with it. Now we talk most of our conversations through crocheting.

Archived