Crochet Pen Pals?

Is there anything like crochet pen pals out there that I don't know about. I thought it would be so much fun to get a crochet pen pal and be able to send items to them, get tips and ideas, or just talk crochet. I don't have anyone near me that crochets and i just moved to San Antonio and know no one. Crochet Pen pals sounds like it would be fun.

I think that's a great idea! Even if you don't want to use snail mail (of course you have to use snail mail to send items...duh!), everyone can use Instant Messaging. And lots of us even have free long distance. I do on my cell from 6:00 pm each evening and all weekend. That would be so cool to have a C'ville brother/sister to talk to about our crochet!

I'd like to participate but because of my health it would have to be "light" for me. (can't think of a better word right now)

:manyheart:hug

I'm sure you could participate regardless of health issues. Lets see if enough people show interest in this and I'll try to get a penpal system going. Maybe get information from everyone and send an intro card to penpals about their buddies favorite items to crochet, and yarn, etc..

I think that would be lovely! I love recieving mail... Thing is I'm a bit rubbish at writing letters haha! I would love to talk to anyone who wanted to talk to me on an instant messenger though! Both my IM thingys are in my profile, or on a little clicky button on top of my name :)

Not exactly pen pals, but we have a Swap Folder here that is available to those who reach regular Villager status: you've been a member for longer than 60 days and you've made at least 40 posts. Once you meet those requirements, you'll automatically be granted access to see the swap folder and all the swaps that occur throughout the year.

Great idea!!

I've been on the board for almost 2 months now, and I can guarantee you if you post enough, you will find someone who has a lot of the same interests as you to talk to over IMs and such!! (I found mine....Hi Jess!!:hi)

I like the idea also...I miss actually sitting down with a pen and paper and writting to someone. And then getting a letter back is fun....not junkmail or bills. :)

Since so many people have expressed interest I will start getting together this pen pal service. If everyone who is interested can drop me a line at crochetpenpals@yahoo.com and I can send you more information when i get things going and organized. I'm so glad that everyone really liked the idea. Also if there is anyone that would like to help with setting this up just say so in your email, I wouldn't mind a helping hand. If you don't have email just give me a message here on crochetville.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Is there anything like crochet pen pals out there that I don't know about. I thought it would be so much fun to get a crochet pen pal and be able to send items to them, get tips and ideas, or just talk crochet. I don't have anyone near me that crochets and i just moved to San Antonio and know no one. Crochet Pen pals sounds like it would be fun.

I have been in Texas for amost 4 years now. It is hard to find anyone around that loves to crochet. Most people are busy working and then too tired to do anything else. Life has gotten fast before anyone knew what was happening. For me NO. I take life slow and enjoy it after all I only have one life to live.

I would love to be your crochet pal. This is what I have been looking for myself.

Feel free to email me

Debbie

Archived