Does anyone else dream about crocheting and yarn?

Lately I've been having dreams about selecting yarn in a yarn store and taking knitting or crocheting classes. I always wake up in a good mood when I do :)

Anyone else have this happen?

Boy, I WISH!

I just had a dream about a monster living under my basement stairs. It grabbed my ankle when I went down the stairs.

I told my SO, "THIS IS YOUR FAULT!"

He's been writing short stories and submitting them to various places, and yes, there are 'monsters' in them.

I then said, "YOU probably FED me to the monster!"

He said, "Well, even a monster has to eat."

Funny guy.

I didn't laugh.

:devil

I do just about every night. I dream of doing "stunt-stitching", designing patterns, crocheting,,,,hooks and yarns,,patterns I have never seen,,,,ect.

Ah i'm not alone lol. I've had quite a few dreams about yarn shopping and designing things. I too wake up in a great mood after these dreams. Untill i figure out i'll not be yarn shopping and i don't know how to design anything. lol. I usually don't want to get up hoping i can dream it some more :D.

Me too!!!! What's bad, though, is my husband had one the other night about crocheting.....he dreamed he had $5000 on a WalMart gift card, and used it at my LYS to buy yarn for me!! :cheer

I design and crochet the most beautiful things in my sleep. I know just how to make the pattern turn out just the way I want to, and even think, I've got to write this down before I forget it. Then I wake up, and can't remember a thing 90% of the time. Bummer!

Don't remember if I have dreamed about it...

but I certainly think about it before drifting off to sleep

& wake up thinking about it too.

I wouldn't admit that to just anyone...

But I know you gals understand my obsession!

(*would have loved a dream about $5000 in yarn as mentioned above, what fun!*)

I wish I dreamed about yarn or stashes or shopping. The only ones I remember are nightmares. My co-workers are still teasing me about the one where I stabbed a professor because she gave a bad grade to a friend of mine. I told the friend, "You don't have to worry about her any more. I took care of it."

Boy, I WISH!

I just had a dream about a monster living under my basement stairs. It grabbed my ankle when I went down the stairs.

I told my SO, "THIS IS YOUR FAULT!"

He's been writing short stories and submitting them to various places, and yes, there are 'monsters' in them.

I then said, "YOU probably FED me to the monster!"

He said, "Well, even a monster has to eat."

Funny guy.

I didn't laugh.

:devil

That sounds like it'd make a good short story (Stephen King style :D )

I have never dreamed of yarn but the other night I had a dream I was searching through a maze of streets looking for something (It may have been one of my cats :think) anyway, when I looked up at one street sign all it said on it was yarn .:yarn

I don't remember any crochet dreams, but I had a knitting one once.

In my dream, I was knitting a scarf; I had been learning to cable and thought it was pretty fun. In reality, I guess I was moving my fingers along the top edge of the blanket like I was knitting and then I would turn my "work" (read: the whole blanket). In my dream, I ran out of yarn and attached a new ball... apparently, my new "ball" was actually the comforter. I made it a row or two in when my husband woke me up. He pulled the blanket out of my hands -- "Stop, ok?! What are you doing?! I want to sleep!"

By the time he woke me up, the entire bottom sheet was twisted -- over and over and over again; it was like a rope -- from my chest to the foot of the bed and I'd started on our comforter. :blush

In my dream, I was knitting a scarf; I had been learning to cable and thought it was pretty fun. In reality, I guess I was moving my fingers along the top edge of the blanket like I was knitting and then I would turn my "work" (read: the whole blanket). In my dream, I ran out of yarn and attached a new ball... apparently, my new "ball" was actually the comforter. I made it a row or two in when my husband woke me up. He pulled the blanket out of my hands -- "Stop, ok?! What are you doing?! I want to sleep!"

By the time he woke me up, the entire bottom sheet was twisted -- over and over and over again; it was like a rope -- from my chest to the foot of the bed and I'd started on our comforter. :blush

:rofl :rofl :rofl:laughroll:rofl That is a good one!!!

:rofl:lol:rofl:lol

The only time something like this happened to me was when I dreamt that I was kicking a [now ex] husband in the butt. Turns out I actually was! :lol

He jumped out of bed and yelled, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

[Like it wasn't obvious? :( ]

:rofl:lol:rofl:lol

The only time something like this happened to me was when I dreamt that I was kicking a [now ex] husband in the butt. Turns out I actually was! :lol

He jumped out of bed and yelled, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

[Like it wasn't obvious? :( ]

:rofl:haha:rofl

Oh man, that's great! That made my morning! :lol

I don't know if I dream about it, but I do think about it just before falling asleep, trying to figure out how I can crochet without getting out of bed or disturbing hubby while he sleeps! I'm always thinking I could get just a couple more rows in if I could just do it while lying in bed, because if I get up, I will stay up far too long, and never get any sleep!

I haven't had a crochet dream yet but I do think alot about it when going to sleep. I can just see a hook and yarn going and going and going. I don't even consciously think about it but it just seems to happen.

Mandy :tea

haha, have you guys ever dreamt that you went yarn shopping and found the perfect yarn for that one project you've been dying to do, and you bought it, but when you woke up, you didn't realize it was a dream and you were disappointed when you couldn't find it?

...not that that's happened to me or anything...

After reading this thread last week, I finally had a crochet dream--the first one ever! I dreamed about a lovely cream-colored afghan made of interesting squares. Turns out I had made it and was accepting compliments. Sure beats being a slasher/killer!

I read the title for this the other day and I didn't have anything to share. Wouldn't you know that today I had a crochet dream. I was taking a nap in my bed upstairs and I dreamed that I was downstairs trying to fall asleep on the couch, but I couldn't because I didn't have a homemade afghan there. And in my dream I thought that I have a nice green color in my stash, but what should I combine it with to make an afghan for the couch. I have bought yarn in downstairs colors before, but I abandoned the project when it didn't come out right. I guess my subconcious is telling me to use that yarn. Next thing you know my husband and myself are chasing bunnies and kitties everywhere! Don't you love how a dream takes a turn!

Laura

Archived