Yoo-Hoo, Darski...

tiggerhale

My Claire's bday party is this Sat. Due to some circumstances beyond my control, I'm not as far as I'd like but I'm determined to keep going in this endeavor. I need to finish up the Autumn, Georgia, Valentines outfits (weave in ends, sew on buttons), finish/tidy up the extra shoes (white on black, black and pink slippers). I still want to do the Nightgown from Weekend, the BICITT Robe, the Clam & Sunny outfits. (I know, ambitious, right?)

Here's what I have absolutely complete so far:

Day at the Beach, Lo, How a Rose and Dressed for Church:

http://public.fotki.com/madebyma/1_newest_crocheted_items/

Would love to know your thoughts?? I'm also planning on coming up w/some plastic canvas suitcase concoction to organize and store the many Dora clothes. I'll be sure to post all when complete.

Thanks for the feedback! And for creating such wonderful/inspiring patterns!

I totally love your title for this! ha ha Great work. I love it all. I've just finished the bath robe and I love it!

I was thinking about making some kind of little cardboard closet, but plastic canvas is a great idea! Be sure to post when it's finished. I'd love to see it!

I think they look great! I have all of her patterns in a folder....just waiting til I get the doll. I want to make some for my stepdaughter for christmas next year. I think Darski will be thrilled. She told me that she shared the patterns hoping to make a little girl's day....looks like it worked!!:cheer

I know you said you want to make a suitcase for all the clothes but in case you decide to purchase, Linens & Things have the cutest little suitcases. I'm not sure what they are for (probably accent pieces) but I got 2 a while back and keep my crochet utensils in the smaller one and my AG clothes in the larger. If I can't find a picture online, I'll take pictures of mine. They are about the size of a hat box with a handle. Look just like small suitcase but made out of heavy cardboard, not wood. They have different designs on them, mine have women's accessories (shoes, hats, etc) on them.

I know you said you want to make a suitcase for all the clothes but in case you decide to purchase, Linens & Things have the cutest little suitcases. I'm not sure what they are for (probably accent pieces) but I got 2 a while back and keep my crochet utensils in the smaller one and my AG clothes in the larger. If I can't find a picture online, I'll take pictures of mine. They are about the size of a hat box with a handle. Look just like small suitcase but made out of heavy cardboard, not wood. They have different designs on them, mine have women's accessories (shoes, hats, etc) on them.

That's a cooool idea too - If I run out of time, I'll be heading to that store! haha!

I am just blown out of the water with what you have done!!!! :hug:hook:manyheart

I love the colours you used and that beach outfit in blue is wonderful.

Your Lo' how a Rose is so pretty.

You have really made my day with this. I love colour.:yay

I lost my internet last night for a bit so I didn't see your post until today.

I'll be praying that your hands move like lightening for the next couple of days. Please include pics of her receiving these - if she likes them.:manyheart

Please include pics of her receiving these - if she likes them.:manyheart

If, IF you say?

I've been getting sloppy (due to time constraint) and she's been catching me w/the doll and of course seeing the clothes - She's been asking if they're for her w/that look (you know the one) in her eyes. I've said "No" (technically the clothes are for DORA - haha) and I have no qualms about lying to preserve a b-day surprise!

I will definitely be taking pictures - I was thinking about printing a pic of each outfit and make a little booklet so she'll know what parts go with what...

Anyway, I'm really, really enjoying this project. (I should have ordered a Dora for ME!)

If, IF you say?

I've been getting sloppy (due to time constraint) and she's been catching me w/the doll and of course seeing the clothes - She's been asking if they're for her w/that look (you know the one) in her eyes. I've said "No" (technically the clothes are for DORA - haha) and I have no qualms about lying to preserve a b-day surprise!

I will definitely be taking pictures - I was thinking about printing a pic of each outfit and make a little booklet so she'll know what parts go with what...

Anyway, I'm really, really enjoying this project. (I should have ordered a Dora for ME!)

You are filling my heart with happies :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Tigger -- Your Dora outfits are so cute! Darski created beautiful patterns and it's so cool to see others benefit from her work. What a lucky girl your Claire is!!

Apparently she's not the only one! Her older brother (who's known about this project since I got the doll) told me today that he was looking forward to Claire getting this present - so "they" could play with Dora!

(They do love to play house together w/their baby dolls - yes, he has one too. He's going to make an awesome Dad one day...)

Archived