PB Easter Basket...FREE PATTERN!

This will be my first free pattern, hopefully it will encourage you all to start crocheting with plastic bags, because it's addicting!

You will need approx. 16 (I don't really know, I didn't count...:blush) Plastic bags. Following the tutorial provided here, make them into "yarn" and wind into a ball as you go.

You will also need a "K" (6.5) hook or larger. It depends on the thickness of your "yarn". I don't do gauge, sorry :D

Plastic Bag Basket

**an original pattern by Nutsaboutcrochet13**

th_misc-2.jpg

DO NOT CH 1 @ BEG OF RNDS OR JOIN RNDS W/ SLP ST UNLESS OTHERWISE INSTRUCTED

th_misc-4.jpg

Basket

Ch 2

1)6 sc in 2nd ch from hook (6sc)

2)2 sc in each sc around (12sc)

3)*2 sc in 1st sc, sc in next sc* rep *-* around (18sc)

4)*2 sc in 1st sc, sc in next 2 sc* rep *-* around (24sc)

5)*2 sc in 1st sc, sc in next 3 sc* rep *-* around (30sc)

6)*2 sc in 1st sc, sc in next 4 sc* rep *-* around (36sc)

7)*2 sc in 1st sc, sc in next 5 sc* rep *-* around (42sc)

8)*2 sc in 1st sc, sc in next 6 sc* rep *-* around (48sc)

9)*2 sc in 1st sc, sc in next 7 sc* rep *-* around (54sc)

10)*2 sc in 1st sc, sc in next 8 sc* rep *-* around (60sc)

11)*2 sc in 1st sc, sc in next 9 sc* rep *-* around (66sc)

12)*2 sc in 1st sc, sc in next 10 sc* rep *-* around (72sc)

13) in BLO, sc in each sc around (72sc)

14-17) sc in each sc around (72sc)

18) dc in each sc around (72sc)

19) sc in each dc around (72sc)

20) dc in each sc around (72sc)

21) sc in each dc around (72sc)

22) dc in each sc around (72sc)

23) sc in each sc around (72sc)

FO and weave in ends.

th_misc-3.jpg

Handle

Ch 51

1) dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across, turn (47sc)

2)(sc, ch 2) in last dc from prev row, dc in each dc across (47sc)

FO and use tails of handle to sew it to the basket base. To make sure the handle is straight, once the first end of the handle is sewn on, flatten the basket and sew the other side of the handle on directly opposite from first side. Weave in ends. It's natural for the handle to want to flop.

th_misc-6.jpg

If you have any questions or corrections feel free to PM me or post them here. I would also appreciate any pictures of the finished baskets, :photo and if someone can confirm the number of bags needed....:hook

If you want a more printer-friendly version of the pattern PM me with your email address and I'll send you a PDF version with less pictures. Please be prepared to wait if this is the case as I don't have one worked out yet :heehee

Enjoy the pattern!!!

I've wanted to try to do that sometime I have so many of those bags lol. Thanks for the pattern and the link on how to make the "yarn" from the bags.

I was at a Goodwill yesterday looking at all their baskets, I think I have a few more ideas to try! Keep an eye peeled, I'll be providing all my basket patterns free! To encourage the recycling! So don't throw out those plastic bags!

:earth

Thanks for the great pattern! You were right, it is addicting. I am presently making 2 rugs (different color schemes). The plastic bags are great for doormats or outdoor rugs, and they look great! One rug I have all the pieces randomly mixed for a tweed effect, and on the other one I separated the solid color pieces from the ones with printing (color) on them and making a stripe pattern by alternating them. What's great about the pb's is that you can add to your "yarn" as you go, you don't have to create all the yarn needed first. I am asking everyone I know for their extra bags and bracing myself for all the inevetable "bag lady" jokes! :lol

Archived