Megananne3

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/CabinMeg/Mvc-017f-1.jpg

TRIPLE RUFFLE DRESS

Hooks F and G

4 ply yarn

crochet cotton and steel hook 5

With MC, and G hook, ch 33 and turn:

Row 1: 1 sc each st [32 st] ch1, turn

Row 2: [1 sc in 1st st, 2 sc in next st] repeat to end of row [48 st] ch 1, turn

Row 3: 1 sc each [48 st]ch 1, turn

Row 4: Repeat row 2 [72 st] ch 1, turn

Row 5: [1 sc first 5 st. ,2 sc next ] repeat to end of row [84 st.] ch 1, turn

Row 6: 1 sc each st. [84 st.] ch 1, turn

Row 7: 1 sc first 11 st. , 2 sc next, 1 sc next 18 st., 2sc next st., 1 sc next 22 st, 2 sc next st, 1 sc next 18 st., 2sc next st., 1 sc last 11 st[ 88 st] ch 1, turn

Row 8: 1 sc each st [88 st]ch 1, turn

Row 9: 1 sc first 14 st, now work in FLO of 8th row, 1 hdc next 18 st. Then in BOTH loops, 1 sc next 24 st. Now work in FLO, 1 hdc next 18 st, Now in both loops, 1 sc in last 14 st [88 st] ch1, turn

Row 10: 1 sc in first 14 st, SKIP next 18, 1 sc next 24, SKIP next 18, 1 sc in last 14. [sleeve made][52 st]

Rows 11-24- 1 sc each st. ch 1, turn at end of each.[bodice made]On last row- join and fasten off.

Underskirt:

Rows 1: With white, working in rounds, in BLO, 1 dc in each st., adding one st, to make 53 st. join and ch 2 at end of each row.

Rows 2-3- Working in both loops, 1 dc each st. [53 st]

Row 4: In BLO, 1 dc each st. join , ch2

Rows 5-6- in BOTH loops, 1 dc each. Join and ch2

Row 7: In BLO, 1 dc each, Join, ch2

Row 8: In BOTH loops, 1 dc each. Join and ch2

Row 9: 1 sc each. Join. End. Underskirt made.

Overskirt-use MC or preferred trim color

Over skirt row 1: In free loop of underskirt row 1, working in rounds, with MC,1 DC each.Join, ch 2 [53 st.]

Rows2-4: In both loops, 1 dc each, Join ch 2

* shell st= 6 dc in same stitch

Row 5:[shell row]-sc first st, [sk 2 st, shell in next, sk 2, sc next st, sk 2,.shell.]Repeat to end of row. Join, finish off. 9 shells

Overskirt row 2:

Row 1: In free loop of underskirt row 4- 1 dc each. Join ch2

Rows 2-3: In both loops, 1 dc each. Join, ch2

Row 4: Shell row as row 5 above in first overskirt. Join, End.

Overskirt row 3:

Row 1: In free loop of underskirt row 7, 1 dc each. Join, ch 2

Row 2: In both loops, 1 dc. Join, ch 2

Row 3: Repeat shell row as above.Join. End.

TRIM

With MC, and F hook, join at neckline: 1 sc each st., down back opening and up to neckline. Fasten off.

IN BLO of shells, join with cotton crochet trim color of choice.

With steel hook, 2 sc each st, with 1 sc between shells.

At neckline and sleeve ends, join with crochet cotton color of choice, and steel hook:

[in first st-2sc, skip next st] around. Fasten off.

Optional: 4 ply or cotton crochet ties at neckline. Join and ch 30 each side. Fasten off. Tie bow.

Ribbon tie:

With 1 or 2 28" lengths of 3/8" ribbon, thread through first overskirt dc row. Tie Bow.

Add a snap or another tie to middle of back opening if desired.

Now, the real beauty of this pattern: As written above, it fits American Girl, BUT

this pattern, with G hook and 3 ply yarn, and **6, 8, or10 fewer bodice rows, this will fit CPK Preemies,

With 4 ply yarn, and **6, 8, or 10, fewer bodice rows, it should fit a regular Cabbage Patch Doll

**If making for CPK or Preemie, stop sc after bodice row 14, 16, or 18, instead of 24, and start underskirt from there!!!!!! It all depends on how long YOU want this dress to be!

I crochet rather tightly, so you may need to go up or down a hook size depending on your own style.

I am Megananne3 Please try my pattern and let me know if I made any mistakes!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, everyone, for the encouraging remarks! I found that the hardest part was taking all my little chicken-scratch notes on paper and making them into something that everyone [hopefully] can understand and enjoy, and then being brave enough to post it here for your critique!:hook

I recognize that most peoples' talents here far exceed mine, but I love this forum!:yes

Love the patterns. I have 3 very young nieces and I've been dressing a doll each for the coming christmas so having a ball doing so.

• 4 months later...

I finished this pattern for my nieces Dora doll this fortnight while she was visiting.

Thought you might like to see what it looks like on her.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee76/oldbonboys/im000022.jpg

I originally tried the dress for my "Chrissy Doll" but it was to wide.

But it fits Dora perfectly as a going out dress.

Dianne

Dianne,

I don't have a Dora doll, [yet] so I'm thrilled to know this pattern will fit her, too! You did a terrific job!

Thanks for the lovely compliments, everyone!

:manyheart

• 1 month later...

Hello!

Well Done. These work is very beautiful.

Maybe my doll needs also a new dressing but so less time.

Thank you again for sharing with us.

Regards :manyheart

Julia

Archived