Comfortghan for cousin in car accident(Enough Volunteers thanks!!)

kestrel5287

I'm in need of squares to put together a blanket for my fiance's cousin who was recently in a car accident. She was driving with two of her friends when they took a sharp turn and lost control of the car. Her two friends died and she arrived dead at the hospital but they were able to bring her back. Now she has to re-learn how to walk and wear a neck brace for the time being. One of the girls who died has been her friend since middle school. Her friend was 21. She is 19 and I think she really needs to know there are people out there who care. So if anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. PM me for my add.

p.s. 6 in squares would be good. Any pattern, pink is her favorite color.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just so happen to have 2 squares worked up already, and they are in shades of PINK! I will be happy to contribute, I might even be able to work a few in cream or white! I'll PM you for the address. What is the deadline?

Sad story, BTW. I will be praying for her. How is she coping with the loss of her friends?

I just so happen to have 2 squares worked up already, and they are in shades of PINK! I will be happy to contribute, I might even be able to work a few in cream or white! I'll PM you for the address. What is the deadline?

Sad story, BTW. I will be praying for her. How is she coping with the loss of her friends?

That would be great! Looking forward to your pm. Thank you for your prayers. She is pretty tore up about it. Right now, her family is trying to keep it off her mind so she can recover, but she is taking it pretty hard.

*edited to add: Also, if you could all let me know how many squares you are planning on making it would help alot!

I'd be glad to make some. What kind of yarn and when do you need them? I can probably get 4 made.

Doesn't matter what kind of yarn is used as long as they are 6" squares and there is no deadline but the sooner you can get them the better. I'll pm you my addy.

i can send at least 2 maybe more depending how many i get done for my cousins comfortghan(he was injured in iraq) but i will make as many as possible very soon as i am so sorry for your poor cousin. thats got to be the hardest thing she is dealing with. was she the driver? if so she is going to suffer from a guilt thing, make sure she is not left alone for long. i had a friend that was driving when he was rearended and they went off the road and hit a tree his passenger was killed instantly and my friend never forgave himself even though it was not his fault. he ended up killing himself, so please make sure she has someone with her 24/7 for a while. i will be praying for her, please pm me your addy and when you want them by 6in sq right?

i can send at least 2 maybe more depending how many i get done for my cousins comfortghan(he was injured in iraq) but i will make as many as possible very soon as i am so sorry for your poor cousin. thats got to be the hardest thing she is dealing with. was she the driver? if so she is going to suffer from a guilt thing, make sure she is not left alone for long. i had a friend that was driving when he was rearended and they went off the road and hit a tree his passenger was killed instantly and my friend never forgave himself even though it was not his fault. he ended up killing himself, so please make sure she has someone with her 24/7 for a while. i will be praying for her, please pm me your addy and when you want them by 6in sq right?

No, she was not the driver, and they have her in a rehab center with psychiatrists(sp?) on hand to help her deal with this, and her mom hasnt left her side since it happened. I really want to do this for her because my fiance is one of the only blood relatives she has. My FIL and her mom were both put up for adoption in puerto rico and they somehow managed to find each other years later.

I think she is going to be stunned that there are all these people that she doesn't know praying for her to get better and I think that will probably help her to recover.

Once again, I cant say it enough, Thank you all so so much!

Archived