September Bride

Tampa Doll

In September my cousin’s daughter is getting married. I asked if I could see a picture :photo of what her gown looks like, and she sent me a couple of pictures, along with a picture of her dress.

I then proceeded to try and duplicate it. Her gown is a pale gold I am told, so I used a cream for the dress. The clear seed beads on the bodis and near the rose are all hand sewn on. There are clear seed beads crocheted along the top, and all the bottoms of the dress. Her veil will be cathedral length. I have taken some literary license with this and made it out of cream colored tulle and added some appliqués to the bottom. All the flowers and appliqués are crocheted.

This will be sent in time for her shower. So what do you think? :scrachin Did I get close enough?:hyper Oh yeah, her colors I am told will be red and gold.

In the upper left hand corner, is a picture of her dress

th_med2picBridesDress.gif (clickable)

This picture will show you a close up of all the beaded work.

th_tallBridesDress.gif (clickable)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW... that is so beautiful Mary Jo....I keep thinking about making dolls since I have had nothing but testosterone in my house for the last 27 years ..its about time I have a bit of girl power around here... even if it is just for myself!:D

That is sooo beautiful. My daughter is getting married in December 2008 and even if I started today I dont think i could create something so precious. Well done. She will treasure such a special gift.

Archived