darski

Our Beautiful Baby :pinterest

post-4896-135897741113_thumb.jpg

Two Piece Suit and hat

This suit uses blue and white WW yarn and a 5.mm hook

The top… With blue

Row 1: Ch 28, dc in 3rd ch from hook, (dc in next, 2dc in next) across

Row 2: hdc, (ch1, hdc in next) across

Row 3: [work hdc in first and last stitch to begin and end row], work 2 hdc in every ch 1 space.

Row 4: hdc across (I have 78 hdc at this point- just checking) Secure blue but do not break off.

Row 5: divide sleeves… attach white.. work dc in hdc for 9, skip 20, dc in next 20, sk 20, dc in last 9. Secure white but do not break off.

Row 6: Pick up blue again and work (dc in dc, 2dc between dc) across. + add 2dc at underarms. Secure blue.

Row 7: With white,

work dc in dc(single)

then work 2dc between 2dc group.

This is like working a V-st without a ch space.

Row 8 and 9: work as row 7 in alternating colours.

when finished the last row of white, work the back edges with sc and work a chain 3 mesh along the neck edge.

Finish off and tidy ends.

Panty..

post-4896-135897741115_thumb.jpg

With blue..ch 36 and join to form a ring.

Row 1: Work dc in 7, 2dc in next, dc in 20, 2dc in next, dc in 7.

Rows 2-4: work even in dc.

Row 5: ch 4, Tr decrease, tr, tr/dc dec, work dc to last 6 stitches and work tr/dc dec, tr, tr dec, tr and join.

Row 6: dc in 3, dc dec, dc around to last 5 st work dc dec, dc in 3 and join.

Join 1st stitch to 1st CF stitch with a sl st and 2nd CF stitch to last stitch to form crotch.

Work a row of (ch3, sc) around both legs and finish off and tidy all ends.

Create a tie with both blue and white and thread through the first row of dc.

The Ponytail Hat…

post-4896-135897741113_thumb.jpg

With white..

Ch 12 and join to form a ring, ch 12 and join to first ring (figure 8 made)

Row 1: Work DC around and increase as needed on the ends to keep flat. – pick a front and back side for your hat..

Row 2: Work tr around

• Working 2 tr in every front stitch
  • work increases at ends to keep flat but
  • working a few decreases at the back to conform to head.

Row 3: work hdc around back stitches and (ch 3, sc) trim at front of hat. Be sure that ch 3 trim continues to the back for one spot. (you will need this later for the ties.

Work hdc decreases in back if necessary to make the hat fit your doll.

Hat Ties…

Join blue into ch 3 space at ear point of hat.

Ch 35, 2dc in 3rd ch from hook, sl st along chain until 3 from the start, ch 3 and join to last ch 3 space located at back of hat.

Reverse this process for other tie.

post-4896-135897741112_thumb.jpg

Add floral trim. Make your favourite flower and leaf trim. Stitch to hat as in picture. Be aware of the size of your flower, don’t make it too big.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897741054_thumb.jpg

Hey dearheart, all I got to say is: YOUR LUCKY I HAVE TWO CPK'S!!! LOL!! So I don't have to go buy one, like Dora....hahahahaha, LOVE it!! I will be looking for more...is this the first one you did in the CPK? I will have to go look now...gosh darn it..lol

:manyheart

Hey dearheart, all I got to say is: YOUR LUCKY I HAVE TWO CPK'S!!! LOL!! So I don't have to go buy one, like Dora....hahahahaha, LOVE it!! I will be looking for more...is this the first one you did in the CPK? I will have to go look now...gosh darn it..lol

:manyheart

I did do a CPK sun suit in the Celebrating Girldom set from a while back.

I am planning to make a boy's version as well.

Nice to see you are back and posting. Hope RL is moving along nicely.

• 1 year later...
Hi. I have a question on the appre. CF....what does that mean? I've finished the top and am starting on the panty but I haven't a clue what CF means.??

It's very beautiful indeedy!!

Jami

I believe, just from reading through the pattern that CF probably means center front.

Darski, that is a very cute pattern, thanks:hug. I must be going through my second childhood cause now I must have a doll like that to crochet for :devil.

Archived