LionBrand Incredible - help!

Guest PaisleyAngel

Guest PaisleyAngel

I used a Michaels' coupon last week to pick up a skein of Lion Brand Incredible. I have been drooling over this yarn since it came out!! :) I was torn between getting Rainbow and Carnival, but finally decided on Rainbow. My plan is to make a belt/sash/scarf thingy for my waist and maybe a scrunchie with whatever's left. But I have a problem. :( I'm having a REALLY hard time working with it. :help Has anyone used it? I am using a P hook like suggested on the wrapper. But it just doesn't seem to be coming out right. Do you hold the yarn so that it's flat, or do you let it fold over? The yarn is so pretty and it would look SOOOOOOOOO cute with my new jeans, but I am just getting frustrated every time I pick it up! :cry

I used a K hook on my scarf. I happened to have my scrap Incredible yarn and my P hook sitting here so I tried out a chain and a few sc. :knit If you don't have a particular pattern picked out, I would play with an aluminum K hook. It was really slippery to work with on my plastic/luxite (not sure what it is) P hook. The biggest problem that I had was to accept that the ribbon seems to flow better into the stitches if it's folded over a bit when you pick it up in your hook.

I hope this helps! :hug I can't wait to see what you come up with. :))

Guest PaisleyAngel

Thanks so much, Tiff! :) I was using a plastic P hook and I was getting frustrated with all the slipping. :( I brought my Incredible ball and a K aluminum hook to work with me and I am going to try it at lunch. :D I'm glad to know that it will flow better when folded over because I was getting discouraged by constantly trying to make the ribbon flat!!!! You've been a big help!!! :hug I'll be sure to post what I finally come up with for my belt/scarf thingy. :)

Guest PaisleyAngel

Hi everyone! I started my belt, taking Tiff's advice to use a K aluminum hook. It came out just as I hoped it would. :) And what's really neat is that for the first time I was able to do a "foundationless" chain. Thanks so much to everyone for their help!! :D

I tried to attach a picture within this post, but it kept coming up as the dreaded white box with a red X. :( So I'll just attach the link. If it doesn't work when you click on it, just click on the link in my signature and choose "crochet." It's the last pic. :)

pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/br...m=fea4.jpg

LOL Rebecca.. Incredible indeed! :lol

The belt is beautiful! Good job! :thumbsup

Archived