I got them done! Two Angel Song dresses

Aelita

For my two youngest god daughters. The Dresses are Angel Song and from Crochet Garden and they were easy thanks to a wonderful lady named Nadine who is also a tester for the patterns. I used Caron Simply Soft in Iris and Orchid and Watermelon and Soft Pink for the dresses and a I hook for the purple and a K hook for the pink. Here are the dresses by themselves:

dresses1.jpg

Here they are with the petticoat underneath:

dresses2.jpg

Here are Lucy(purple dress) and Sierra(pink dress) and of course my god son had to get in the picture too:

lucyandsierra.jpg

and they wanted me to take a pic of them spinning around and once again my godson got in the pic:

spinning.jpg.

They were spinning for a long time in the dresses they loved them and that made me happy. I didn't like the way they fit on their shoulders, but they told me they loved them and they were going to be twins for Easter, so I guess it was fine. They wanted to keep them on and even go to sleep in them so they would already have them on for church in the morning. The petticoat is supposed tobe longer but when I was making them and I tried it on them, Sierra said she didn't want it to show at the bottom and of Lucy followed behind and said the same thing so I only did one row of edging on it. I'm going to have to get another pic of them when they get home from church tomorrow. This is the second big project I have done, the first is the matching ponchos I made me and Lucy(my avatar pic). I normally make clothes for my Bratz doll and now the Dora doll I have but these dresses were amazing and I love the way they turned out.

Thanx everyone! Now that you said it nana5boys they do look like infant dresses in the first pic. They are a size 4 in the purple and size five in the pink. I had to stand on my bed for the first two pics lol.

Very cute!! I can tell the girls just love them to bits. You did a great job. I agree however that the shoulders need a little reworking (next time, since these two would probably never give these up :D) I'd probably decrease the top by about an inch or so all around and that would probably make it just a little more flattering.

The girls look lovely and thrilled to have them. How cute they wanted to sleep in them! You did very nice work and I can tell there is love in every stitch! :)

*** they are so cute!!!!!

And the dresses are too. :lol

Seriously, those kids are just shining in their finery. [And the little guy there is cracking me up! Can't keep kids out of pictures! LOL!]

Nice job. They are beeeee yoooo teeeee ful!

:devil

Wow! Those turned out great. I can remember wanting to have dresses like that so you could spin around and make the skirts flare out. They sure do look like they love them.

Oh my gosh....they are so pretty!!! i thought they were baby dresses until i saw them modeled! They look beautiful on the girls....beautiful for Easter sunday. my hat off to you definitely! :yay

The dresses turned out lovely, but they definitely are too big in the yoke which thus affects the sleeves. The sleeves are designed to come out some, but not too much. When you get a chance, can you measure the width of the neck opening?

I know with some yarns thickness variations can change thus affecting gauge. I am wondering if that is what happened... still thinking about it after our emails last night. All my patterns are being revised into a new format over the next month and am going to keep a close eye on the results for the larger sizes.

They still look very beautiful, even though they turned out larger than intended!

You did a wonderful job on the dresses!! I agree with the others, in the first pics I thought the dresses would fit little babies. Doesn't it give you such a boost to make something for someone and they just LOVE what you made? You made those two little girls feel soooo special. Way to go! :clap

I wanted to make them smaller somehow around the yoke yesterday when I took them to their house but they wouldn't let me touch them. Sierra in the pink dress told me, "Leave it alone mama dee I want it big so I can grow into it" and her sister Lucy said somewhat the same thing so I left them alone. I know next time I make them something like this I will measure it as I go along so Ican have the right size.

Archived