"Neapolitan" Ice Cream Scarf

nucki

th_WoolSwapItems042.jpg th_WoolSwapItems040.jpg th_WoolSwapItems036.jpg

This was yet another item I made for the Wild and Woolie Swap.

It's 100% Bamboo yarn, and it was the first time I'd used it.

Oh. My. Gosh. This stuff is AMAZING. You'd think, since it's BAMBOO, that it would be rough and stiff. It's just the opposite. It's so SOFT I just can't even tell you! I'm seriously considering buying myself some more of this stuff and making a scarf for myself out of it.

Oh yeah... and I used an I hook to make it (that's what the yarn band called for, and it worked well, so.....).

That is gorgeous!! I know what you mean about the bamboo yarn. I did a Seraphina shawl with it and actually hated finishing the shawl because I loved working with the yarn!!

Great job!!

That is amazing, your scarf is beautiful! :) I'm going to sound like such a newbie but is that double crochet throughout the scarf?

That is amazing, your scarf is beautiful! :) I'm going to sound like such a newbie but is that double crochet throughout the scarf?
Yup. I didn't follow a pattern, really, I just alternated dc with ch-1 spaces and there ya go. :U

I didn't want it to be too warm, as my swap partner lives in California, but I couldn't resist when I saw the stuff!!!

Yup. I didn't follow a pattern, really, I just alternated dc with ch-1 spaces and there ya go. :U

I just taught myself to crochet this week, I am pretty surprise that I could identify the dc stitch! ;) I think I will have to check out the yarn store for some bamboo yarn, I keep coming back to look at your scarf pictures. It looks so cozy, perfect for spring! :yes

Bamboo is an excellent and very useful material. It can be used to make so many great things! From furniture to flooring, to paper and thread. That's some good stuff, that bamboo!

I see you put that bamboo yarn to some good use, too. :yes That is one pretty scarf. I like those colors. I like how you patterned it out, too. Nice!

Love the colors. It looks so cozy. I just saw a lady with a scarf like that and I thought -Wow, love the colors, I want one. Great job

Love the colors. It looks so cozy. I just saw a lady with a scarf like that and I thought -Wow, love the colors, I want one. Great job

Hey - that could have been Angie!!! :lol

My swap partner is in So Cal - I forget EXACTLY where, but hey... ya never know! :wink

Archived