Recycled Plastic Bag Keeper

bagkeepersmall.jpg

I wanted to share my latest completed project. It is a plastic bag keeper which I crocheted with white grocery bags with red writing. Then I used some red bread bag strips to create the bow ties on the bag holder. This is a simple pattern using Hdc stitches in rounds to crochet the bag keeper. It kinda has a Christmas look to it. It might make a great Christmas gift idea if you want to save the pattern for later use. Here is the free pattern link http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2007/04/04/crocheted-plastic-bag-keeper-from-recycled-bags/ at my website.

As always enjoy and happy recycling! :manyheart

That's very excellent (and cute too!) :cheer I like how it's a bag made out of bags for holding bags in. :lol A great project for upcoming Earth Day. (April 22nd I think.) Great job!

I once broke a piece off a plastic trash can and had to throw it away in itself. Had the same irony. :lol

Anyway, I love the idea of a plastic bag holder. I need to make something like that for myself!

That's cool! Thanks for sharing that with us. You should see how many plastic bags I have saved... :blush I had some in the kitchen pantry and my husband complained about it one day. So I took them all out (and put them in our closet.) :lol He didn't even notice til about a week or two later and he laughed. (It's a walkin closet and it's a mess but I have all the bags hidden behind clothes and on the shelves... :P

Anyway that is a cute pattern and way to recycle!

Tina

• 1 year later...

Great job! I've never worked with plastic bags, but I've been saving them to try & I sure now need something to hold them in. This is perfect!

Archived