Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Is it to late to join this one. I have the yarn I want to use. I just need to get started on it.

Thanks

Rachel

Your very welcome to join in at any time, we have a great time here and so many ladies have made such beautiful RR's. So get that hook working and join the fun. Nice to have you here. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Okay I have mine started. I am 10 rows into it. My question is how many rows do you put on to make one bigger than a baby afghan? I am using red hearts Cherry Chip and aran. I might give it as a bridal shower gift or wedding not sure yet. Thanks

Priszm the varigated was by wintuk ombres called summer breeze, then caron one pounders lilac and then just white. Thanks for all the compliments ladies. It feels good to see something accomplished usually i feel like my UFO list is bigger than my finished list. LOL.

I think I saw that at Joann's last night! I was thinking how pretty it was and wondering if it was the same that you used. And then I thought of how much I want it just because it has purple in it and it's pretty :lol. That's a sign of addiction, right? Oh well, there's worse things to be addicted to :hook

Oh, and I'll be starting mine tonight once I make yet another trip to the store for the green I need. Why can't they just be nice and let me use all the coupons at one visit?

I would love to join, I just need to finish up a few of my WIP's, the plan is to make one for my mom for christmas.... so after I finish some stuff up and she picks out what colors she wants I'm in..... I'm shooting for the beg. of Februaury :blush hopefully I can make it happen!

Rachel, I made mine for my neices and they are all older so I believe that I made mine about 32-36 rows I guess it depends on the hook size you use. I know some ladies have made them to cover a queen size bed and not sure how many rows was for that. I basically stood up put one point on the floor and then held it up to me to see if I thought it was big enough or not LOL.

Okay I have mine started. I am 10 rows into it. My question is how many rows do you put on to make one bigger than a baby afghan? I am using red hearts Cherry Chip and aran. I might give it as a bridal shower gift or wedding not sure yet. Thanks

For my baby RR's, I normally make about 30 rows around. For my adult sized, I do about 40 to 45 rows.

I want to do a rr using simply soft brites, I have seen several here but don't remember the threads. has anyone in this cal done a rr with ss brites, and if yes how much of each color??

Thanks,

I want to do a rr using simply soft brites, I have seen several here but don't remember the threads. has anyone in this cal done a rr with ss brites, and if yes how much of each color??

Thanks,

I haven't made one yet with brites, but intend to, so have bookmarked some favorites. Here are a couple of them:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29245

ChromeKitty gives lots of helpful hints on making the RR.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48663&page=211

I think that a little further on in this thread, Ruby tells what colors she used.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48663&page=219

On this page, Ruby tells the colors she used.

I probly have more in my favorites file, but have to get off the computer for now. There are so many beautiful RRs here, it's hard to decide what to do!

Hope this helps, have fun.

Katie :crocheting

Thanks,

I didn't use SS Brites but I did use SS in dark purple light purple and white and I didn't use all of the skiens but it was also for a baby blanket so if you are making it for an adult you may use the whole skien. The skiens I had were 7oz skeins.

Thanks for the information, I will be making this one in adult size. I want to make this as a comfortghan for my bil's mother, she is going through a really difficult time right now and he says she loves bright colors so I thought this would be the perfect 'ghan to make for her. Now off to wally to find just the right shades!

Thanks again,

Thanks for the information, I will be making this one in adult size. I want to make this as a comfortghan for my bil's mother, she is going through a really difficult time right now and he says she loves bright colors so I thought this would be the perfect 'ghan to make for her. Now off to wally to find just the right shades!

Thanks again,

You're so welcome. Glad I could help somewhat. What a nice gift for someone going thru hard times. Hope you can find the right colors. I was at Wally World right after Christmas and they happened to have all the SS brights in stock, so I bought them all! Merry Christmas :gift to me.

Katie

well I didn't find any ss brites, but I did find some rhss in similar colors and I raided my stash as well. I have started on the 'ghan and like the way it is coming along so far. This will be the brightest one so far, I just keep thinking a roll of lifesavers with purple and blue added in.

well I didn't find any ss brites, but I did find some rhss in similar colors and I raided my stash as well. I have started on the 'ghan and like the way it is coming along so far. This will be the brightest one so far, I just keep thinking a roll of lifesavers with purple and blue added in.

You have lifesavers and I have a watermelon :lol I was thinking (although it's too late now) that a rainbow colored one would be really good in the brights. I know someone posted a picture of one on here a few pages back.

You have lifesavers and I have a watermelon :lol I was thinking (although it's too late now) that a rainbow colored one would be really good in the brights. I know someone posted a picture of one on here a few pages back.

I just did a round blanket called a "Baby Burrito Blanket" in SS brites in the Rainbow Colors but in reverse here is a pic of it:

BurritoBlanket1.jpg

I'm loving how quickly this works up! I started Tuesday night, had to rip it out and start again because I was starting my first stitch in the wrong spot and didn't like where it meant I had to do the dc's around the chain spaces. Then, I forgot to start with a slip stitch for a couple of rounds, so I had to frog 2 1/2 of those. I'm finally well on my way! Over the last three nights of approximately 5 hours crocheting each night I have 18 completed rounds!

I started a round ripple (my first) the other day for a sweet little lady who goes to our church. She has loved and spoiled my son since the day he was born and now she has had a stroke (she's in her 80's) and has to have 24-hour a day care in a nursing home.

I let my son choose the colors and I'm making it using the color blending pattern suggested in the Van Gogh's closet cal. I'm on the 5th row (had to do some minor frogging) but hope to get a lot done on it this weekend.

I like the way it's working up so far and the way the colors are starting to blend. I'll post a pic when I get a little farther along.

Micky --that is a VERY HANDSOME RR,,good job

Aelita --Very nice- Was that the pattern with the rose in the center?? Your godson is beyond adorable--gotta love the bright face of our furture!!!

Cynthia --Did you get a start on your wavy ripple yet?? Can't wait to see it.

had to frog and frog the darn thing, but thanks to Michelle Rhodes mabe i am finally on the right track

i'll post a progress pic tonight

right now...helping my Golden Retriever give birth!! we've got 6 so far!!

had to frog and frog the darn thing, but thanks to Michelle Rhodes mabe i am finally on the right track

i'll post a progress pic tonight

right now...helping my Golden Retriever give birth!! we've got 6 so far!!

:eek:clapWell,, how much fun are you having!!! I WANT ONE!!! Birthin' trumps :crocheting now,doesn't it!!! What's the final count?? To cute.