Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use Lyn's RR pattern when I make the afghan so this is a variation of her pattern - with a split! I made a second one (for my Mom) and wrote the pattern down as I went along this time. All you seaso

Its beautiful!!! Well done I think I would keep it too! ;-)

made this one for a coworker whose wife is expecting a boy this month.

Posted Images

Pretty RRs everyone,,

Can I play with this simple RR with Light and Lofty yarn and the grey hook?

:eek mode lately so maybe this will help jumpstart my lazy self. Thanks gang:yes

:clap Hi Nancy!!

I'm sorry you've been in a burn-out mode, I'm positive you'll be chipper:hook :yes:hug real soon:flower I like your round ripple, keep your great crocheting going:manyheart :cheer

This is a baby RR I finished in the last few weeks as a gift. I'm pleased with the way these turn out in Bernat Baby Coordinates, and they wash up soooooooo soft!

DSC01421.jpg

Hope you like it. I really enjoy seeing all the different color combinations people come up with. Makes this one seem rather pedestrian ....

Hi msmusic:clap

Your round ripple is so pretty :cheer you did a nice job on it:hook

I think I'm not doing something right, mine it's curling up and I already upgraded my hook from an H to an I, it's still the same.

I don't think this rounds are being that compatible with me!:worried

I'm gonna go with a J hook now, let's see!

I think I'm not doing something right, mine it's curling up and I already upgraded my hook from an H to an I, it's still the same.

Are you making sure your doing two rounds of large shells and one round small shell. Or some call it a V stitch. I hope that helps some for you.

Hi Ladies,

It's nice to see you all in here working on your RR. I have to admitt that i have not been working on mine to much. It's been so hot here in Arkansas. I have about seven more rounds to go on mine. I will be starting two more for my Grandsons in their school colors of black and gold as christmas gifts. I guess I better get with it lol

Hope you all have a wonderful day!! :hug

How many rounds have you made so far? Which pattern are you using? There is a mistake in round 3 in the Sew On Fire pattern. If this is the pattern you are using and you don't have the correction and are doing it like the pattern says, it will curl.

Hi Ladies,

It's nice to see you all in here working on your RR. I have to admitt that i have not been working on mine to much. It's been so hot here in Arkansas. I have about seven more rounds to go on mine. I will be starting two more for my Grandsons in their school colors of black and gold as christmas gifts. I guess I better get with it lol

Hope you all have a wonderful day!! :hug

Hi SouthernJudy,

Hope you have a great day !!!

th_Picture640.jpgALL PICK ARE CLICKABLE!

th_Picture643.jpgthis one was for a baby girl born in may.

th_Picture648.jpg

th_Picture649.jpgthis one was for a little girl who turned 3 in may. i made it a 12 to 24 point. the little girl loved it and so did her foster mom.

th_Picture655.jpg

th_Picture657.jpgthis isthe one i am working on for my pastor. it is alot bigger now, it is almost done but is so hot here in montana that it has been hard to work on it. i should have only 18 rows left. i think it is about 50 inches now but i want it to be able to fit on her bed.

i started (on sunday) and finished (on tuesday) blue monet baby blanket for a boy born this month. his parents attend my church. i haven't had a chance to take a pic of it yet. i will post one when i do.

How many rounds have you made so far? Which pattern are you using? There is a mistake in round 3 in the Sew On Fire pattern. If this is the pattern you are using and you don't have the correction and are doing it like the pattern says, it will curl.

I've done 8 rnds. I'm using the Sew on Fire pattern, and I already have the correction for rnd 3 which is skip 1, 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc all around, right?

I'll be starting with a J hook to see how that works.

I see the problem now!!!!

It's supposed to have 12 points (the Sew on Fire pattern), I only have 8!!!!!

Got to fix it now!!!!

Froggin time!!!

champygirlsueb0154-Wow, your hook must be smokin. Your rrs are gorgeous

thank you so much for your kind words.

CraftymommaSueB-Nice work! Is the purple one two stranded? It looks nice and thick.

thank you. both of the ones with purple in them are single stranded but believe me they are stil both really warm. i think you are refering to the one with the 2 purple colors in it though. it is only single stranded made with caron for both purples and red heart for the other two colors.

DangerouscrochetWow Sue....You have been BUSY!!! They are simply beautiful. Great work!!

thank you so much for your kind words.

judianneSue, those are gorgeous!! Which pattern did you use for the purple one?

thank you. i used lyn's round ripple pattern for the basic form of the blanket but followed the idea of RoseRed's 24 point hot pink and black rr. here is the link to her post on the ville.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47224&page=2

and lyn's round ripple can be found here:

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

Again Thanks so much to everyone who had something nice to say about my work. It is very much appreciated. I will post an updated pic of the purple rr when I get it finished along with the blue one i finished a couple of days ago.

I'm so glad I've picked up the pace already!!

Fixed my problem and I'm good to go, so far I'm at rnd 7 and I'm loving it!!

glad you figured it out and are enjoying it :) can't wait to see it.

RR question..

a friend would like me to do one for a Christening blanket, would two strands in baby yarn seem to bulky? and if I do it in one strand baby yarn how small of a hook would you use?

thanks in advance

thank you judianne

If you are using fingering yarn (rated 1) two strands works great. I've done baby RR's with the Van Gogh technique and it works super. If you want to use one strand of baby yarn I would start by trying with the size hook recommended on the yarn.

If you are using fingering yarn (rated 1) two strands works great. I've done baby RR's with the Van Gogh technique and it works super. If you want to use one strand of baby yarn I would start by trying with the size hook recommended on the yarn.

thanks so much, do you recommend fingering yarn for Christening blankets? I don't have enough, and Michaels no longer sells in here..I could track some down though..I am not sure what the Van Gogh technique is?

I guess what I am asking if you all think two strands of baby sport weight would be too bulky?