Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

KimVH

I would say "To make "ribs" of the web work from outer edge to middle of afghan.

Attach Black yarn in the ch-2 space at the top of any point. *ch 3, sl st in ch-2 space

of next round inward. Repeat 4 times. Ch 2, sl st in ch-2 space of next round.

Work in pattern to middle of afghan, end off yarn. Repeat 11 times."

is the better directions. Try to lay the blanket so you are working your rib sideways and not up and down. And try not to have it folded if you can since I had to pull one of mine out after I realized I "sewed" it to itself.

Thanks again Amanda!! That is the pattern that I have been following but I have to tell you that I am struggling!! I also sewed it to itself LOL!!!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use Lyn's RR pattern when I make the afghan so this is a variation of her pattern - with a split! I made a second one (for my Mom) and wrote the pattern down as I went along this time. All you seaso

Its beautiful!!! Well done I think I would keep it too! ;-)

made this one for a coworker whose wife is expecting a boy this month.

Posted Images

Morning Ladies!

I am working on trying to get one started out right I think I have started over goodness knows how many times now lol...

But I am sure I'll figure it out at some point!

Kristy:c9

Carol This is a Terrific Color Combo I love it...Beautiful!

Good Morning Ladies!!

I just finished my RR, the size across from tip to tip is 55 inches, & I'm happy with how it turned out!!

clickable

th_RainbowRoundRipple04.jpg

clickable

th_RainbowRoundRipple05.jpg

I have a question. I am starting one today and well how many rows do you do before it starts to take shape I just keep getting the feeling I am doing something wrong :think . Any advice would be so very helpful I have these pretty colors here begging me to turn them into something lol...

Kristy:c9

By the 3rd or 4th row for sure, it starts to take the star shape.

I think I have a home for my RR instead of Project Linus. (I know they'd give it a good home to a very special girl, but...) My dear friend from college is pregnant with their first and it's a girl!! She was pregnant last year, but lost the baby really early on. This time she's waited much longer to let us poor people living across the country know. She's a crochetter too, so I know she'll appreciate it, I hope she likes it!

Here's my WIP ripple....I've never done one before, but I can see why they're so addictive! lol.

The colors remind me of berry picking in the summer....:manyheartHPIM0190.jpg

Sweetpeacrochet

Your RR is really pretty, & I really like the colors :yay

What size hook are you using??

Hi Ladies,

I just finished my RR, let me know what ya think ;)

I ran out of Yellow at the end and didn't get to put as many rows as I would have liked to but I think it's still ok. It measures 64 inches point to point. Whew!! four of these in a month I'm going to take a couple days off before I start another. :lol

Everyones RR look just great. And a very warm welcome to any new ladies that has joined us. :hug here is my picture.

DSC00243.jpg

Thanks again Amanda!! That is the pattern that I have been following but I have to tell you that I am struggling!! I also sewed it to itself LOL!!!

i can tell you when i did the ribs on my spiderman rr that mine keept trying to fall to the floor. guess now i am glad i didn't sew mine together.:D but i guess that would be easy enough to fix, unlike when using a sewing machine to make something. i have done that when sewing.;)

LOL SueB!! It was the sl st that was really giving me issues!! Now I'm attempting another first...the crab stitch! Wish me luck!

Morning ladies

I have been coming in here almost every day to see the photos you all are showing. They are all lovely !

Anyhow, I just started a round ripple the other day and thought I'd share my progress so far .

I have no idea yet how big I'll make it or who it's for, but here it is :

th_100_2967.jpg

I love the colors! I never ceased to be surprised at all of the beutiful color combnations people think of for this afghan!!:cheer can't wait to see it finished! I have one at about the same stage and need to buckle down and get it done!!

Morning ladies

I have been coming in here almost every day to see the photos you all are showing. They are all lovely !

Anyhow, I just started a round ripple the other day and thought I'd share my progress so far .

th_100_2967.jpg

Hi Ladies,

I just finished my RR, let me know what ya think ;)

I ran out of Yellow at the end and didn't get to put as many rows as I would have liked to but I think it's still ok. It measures 64 inches point to point. Whew!! four of these in a month I'm going to take a couple days off before I start another. :lol

Everyones RR look just great. And a very warm welcome to any new ladies that has joined us. :hug here is my picture.

DSC00243.jpg

I can't say it enough You all do such wonderful work. Four! - in one month! WOW. this one is absolutely gorgeous! Love the color combination. I am already planning my next one, and still not finished current one...Yep I'm "hooked"!!

Morning ladies

th_100_2967.jpg

-----

Julie, I really like those colors!

Ooh, I'm going back and looking at more pictures, and they're all so beautiful! It really is amazing how this one simple pattern can look so different, but always nice.

I am going to be making my sil one for Christmas this yr will work on it off and on. During the Summer when it isn't to warm. Shouldn't have much of a problem Wisconsin only has a week or two of unbearable weather. Will keep all informed of my progress

Thanks Renee

Yea, I hit a big yarn sale at a small yarn shop the next town over. They had their Canadiana yarn for 2 bucks a skein ,so needless to say, I have been going over there every time I get more money . I have bags of it now just waiting to be used. It's a real nice feeling yarn .

I have no clue what the green color is called ( maybe seafoam ??? ) I don't know. The brown is called sand . I thought they were pretty together .

Thankyou for all the very nice comments. I just love doing these RR's I keep saying i'm going to take a few days off from Crocheting but my hooks are calling me :hook My mind is always working on what colors can I put together. :yes You have all done a great job with yours too. Keep up the good work. I love all the pictures.:day