Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Mel,Thankyou so much. I will be glad when I get that close to done cause I have another one in mind to do lol Wow this is so much fun and gos so fast too. I see a lot of Xmas gifts being made lol

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use Lyn's RR pattern when I make the afghan so this is a variation of her pattern - with a split! I made a second one (for my Mom) and wrote the pattern down as I went along this time. All you seaso

Its beautiful!!! Well done I think I would keep it too! ;-)

made this one for a coworker whose wife is expecting a boy this month.

Posted Images

My DD's 2 strand round ripple rug is done! It ended up being 22 rows and it is 36" point to point. It sure is thick, too. She asked me if I could make her another one. So I will be making another one in the same color scheme, but will reverse the colors.

th_HillyRug1b.jpg

clickable

My DD's 2 strand round ripple rug is done! It ended up being 22 rows and it is 36" point to point. It sure is thick, too. She asked me if I could make her another one. So I will be making another one in the same color scheme, but will reverse the colors.

th_HillyRug1b.jpg

clickable

Mel? What size hook did you use to make your RR Rug ? You have me thinking now lol

Judy, For this one I used a size J hook. I wanted this rug to be thick so I didn't go with a bigger hook. Plus one of the strands of yarn is a novelty yarn, so that yarn is pretty thin. If the yarn had been any thicker, I would have used a size K. Hope that helps!!

oo i love the color combo dreams.:clap

i've been slack on posting mine we just got a new cpu finally and this whole vista took me a bit to figure out lol. anyways, hubby finally gave up the cpu so i thought id add the pic of my progress on my sons spiderman rr. I have 3 more rounds done than shown on the pic now. so i have 5 more rounds left and the webbing.

th_009.jpg then i'll resume work on the other one i already started. :hook I can't see enough pictures of everyones beautiful round ripples. :cheer

Evening Ladies

Well its done :P..my DH has claimed this one so ive started another for my Granddaughter and will using that one to do my fill-in pattern ive come up with.....I think it turned out great and i really love it...it was so worth it.

Picture004.jpg

RR Virgin here!

There are so many patterns and so many comments to read , I'm having a hard time keeping track of which patterns folks have no problem with and which sometimes buckles in the center etc.

Can anyone give me an idea of what is a good pattern that's been tested to death? lol

Also from reading and reading it appears some of you use 2 strands and some of you one. Any reason why the difference?

Or if it's preference, why do you prefer one to two or vice versa?

Also, is there a pattern for a 12 point? Or did the genius crocheters figure that out after doing 100s of 12 points? lol

Thanks,

Kath

Oh! Shaylen, It's beautiful!! I just love the colors you did a great job :cheer

Niki, sorry to here you haven't been feeling well. I hope you get better soon.

Quietheart, everyone seems to like this one and it works up very nice. It's a baby afghan but you can make it as big as you like. I use a size H hook with Red Heart WW yarn. AS you read the posts everyone seems to use the hook that works the best for them. So here is the link to the pattern.

http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

Oh! Shaylen, It's beautiful!! I just love the colors you did a great job :cheer

Niki, sorry to here you haven't been feeling well. I hope you get better soon.

Quietheart, everyone seems to like this one and it works up very nice. It's a baby afghan but you can make it as big as you like. I use a size H hook with Red Heart WW yarn. AS you read the posts everyone seems to use the hook that works the best for them. So here is the link to the pattern.

That's two votes for that pattern! And now I get BUSY!

I love a new excuse to buy yarn!! :c9

Well I'm finally trying mine again. I recieved my jimbo hook in the mail yesterday so I'm using that one and the sewonfire pattern. So far I'm on round 12 with no problems at all. It is laying flat so I'm very happy with it.

I am dropping by to say HI and see how everyone's projects are going. They are all so beautiful! Now that warm weather has finally arrived in Pennsylvania I won't be crocheting as much now, except on rainy days. I have been enjoying the outdoors and busy birdwatching! Have a great day everyone!

RR Virgin here!

There are so many patterns and so many comments to read , I'm having a hard time keeping track of which patterns folks have no problem with and which sometimes buckles in the center etc.

Can anyone give me an idea of what is a good pattern that's been tested to death? lol

Also from reading and reading it appears some of you use 2 strands and some of you one. Any reason why the difference?

Or if it's preference, why do you prefer one to two or vice versa?

Also, is there a pattern for a 12 point? Or did the genius crocheters figure that out after doing 100s of 12 points? lol

Thanks,

Kath

I used 2 strands because I made a rug and I wanted it to be thick and soft. I haven't made a round ripple afghan with 2 strands. I will eventually, though :lol:lol

Here is one of my current round ripples. This is another rug. I am making this one for my DD since she requested a second one. It is also a 2 strander. I just reversed the colors in the second one. I had to use a different solid color yarn because I didn't have enough pink to make a second rug. She told me to use white, so I did. I am using Hobby Lobby's 'I Love This Yarn' in white, Yarn Bee Soft Delights in the colors of Fuchsia and Dark Blue.

th_rug2a-1.jpg

clickable

Hi all!

Sorry I have been MIA. Been busy with my hubby home this past weekend, and baseball for my 2 youngest kids and softball for my oldest son.We have practice 4 nights a week for the youngest 2 and 1 night a week for my oldest. All on different nights.

I have been looking at everyones RR's. They are all sooo pretty. I love all the different color combos. I havn't worked on mine at all this past weekend. So I hope to get back to it tonight or tomorrow.

I haven't been here is a a while, & oh my goodness, all your round ripples are sooooooooo pretty, all of you are doing such a fantastic job:yay :clap

I've been working on my RR it is turning out better then I thought it would, I'll take a pic of it & post it as soon as I can!!

Happy Crocheting:hook

Kepp up the great work:yay

th_HPIM0406.jpg(Clickable)

Here is the rr that I just finished. I love this pattern. I had done a blue one that someone pointed out that I only had ll points and I had to redo it will post pictures when done. Working on a yellow and green rr now. :clap.

You are all doing a great job on your rr love all the colors. Happy crocheting

HPIM0406.jpg

Here is the rr that I just finished. I love this pattern. I had done a blue one that someone pointed out that I only had ll points and I had to redo it will post pictures when done. Working on a yellow and green rr now. :clap.

You are all doing a great job on your rr love all the colors. Happy crocheting

Hi honey112

I really like your round ripple!! & I like the colors:hook