SouthernJudy

Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Finished another RR- this one I used Charisma (bulky) yarn (Michael's own brand). The colors are Forest, Deep Woods and Off white

post-27163-135897737035_thumb.jpg

That is gorgeous!!! I love Charisma yarn but have only used it for hats and scarves. I never considered it for an afghan. How many skeins did it use?

That is gorgeous!!! I love Charisma yarn but have only used it for hats and scarves. I never considered it for an afghan. How many skeins did it use?

Do you know I didn't count? I had gotten it on sale for $1.99 skein plus 20% off total sale price including sale items!:clap I think I used 6 of the forest, 6 of the varigeted and 3-4 of the off white:think I love how soft the yarn is!!! I have more yarn to make another one and after the Bernat Mystery CAL, I'll be making it and I'll count how many skeins I use!

Finished another RR- this one I used Charisma (bulky) yarn (Michael's own brand). The colors are Forest, Deep Woods and Off white

Wow! That's gorgeous!! How big is it?? :hug

Do you know I didn't count? I had gotten it on sale for $1.99 skein plus 20% off total sale price including sale items!:clap I think I used 6 of the forest, 6 of the varigeted and 3-4 of the off white:think I love how soft the yarn is!!! I have more yarn to make another one and after the Bernat Mystery CAL, I'll be making it and I'll count how many skeins I use!

Thank you! Wow! You got a great deal!

Beautiful RR's! I'm working on a RR for a baby afghan. DD's friend wanted one for each of her boys. I started one of them last night. I'm using ILTY in camo and dark green, using double strand so it will work up quicker.

Joanne - what a find on yarn!

made this one for a coworker whose wife is expecting a boy this month.

post-37461-135897744231_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

made this one for a coworker whose wife is expecting a boy this month.

Wow, that's pretty!! My 7-year-old is sitting here looking with me, and he says, "Wow, that's awesome!" :):hug

cool...i like the colors together but am pleased to have the outside confirmation of my choices...he actually has no idea i've made this or could make this...

At long last, I have finished this afghan. The goal was to use up all of the yarn in my stash of these three colors. I worked on this thing until I got so sick of it, I just had to stop. And yes, there is still yarn left over.

Stats:

72 rows - 42,198 stitches - 7.5 pounds - shown on a queen sized bed.

post-14703-135897755873_thumb.jpg

post-14703-135897755877_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Holy crochet hook! that is EPIC.. even though im not a huge fan of green that is a FANTASTICALLY huuuge ripple there.

WOW! that is one huge round ripple. I bet those last few rounds took forever to complete!

:cheer:cheer Great job on sticking with it. I haven't made any quite that large, but I know from the one I have made that getting around it towards the end takes a bit of perseverance. Thanks for sharing that one, I believe I am motivated to add a few rows to my current project (only on the first skein of yarn so not too big yet).

Stunning! It is huge! You did an awesome job on it.

Great job on that awesome huge RR!!!

Finished this baby RR for one of my DD's friends who is having a boy!

post-27163-135897756833_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm loving all the RR's I'm seeing! Hopefully soon I can get started on my first one! :lol

:hug

I'm in, just started one last night :)

Ohhhhhhh- I just saw this thread was bumped and decided to join in. There are so many beautiful blankets.

I started a baby's Round Ripple yesterday for my GG-baby. My sweet GD called me last week and told me the good news and gave me alot of time to prepare for her arrival in February! You know how fast time goes by though. So- I decided to do some stash busting out of a huge plastic bin of baby yarn and make Sunshine's pattern in white and 5 pastels. I'm on Rnd 12 and it's going well. Hope the rest goes as fast. :lol

Beautiful job on the huge RR!!! I know you're glad it's finally finished!

I just started on another RR for a baby blanket. Will be crimson and cream (parents-to-be are Oklahoma University fans--didn't want the typical blue blanket). I've got a lot done but still have a lot more to go. Doing it in ILTY and double strand. I need to have it done by Saturday.