SouthernJudy

Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

here is one i just finished

The perfect color for kitty! Very pretty, too:clap

ooo love those colors together...kitty is pretty too!! :cheer

Here is progress on one of the RR i've started. This one is actually a re-do blankie for my youngest stepdaughter...i have now fell in love with RRs. The circle to square blanket pattern i was using was just too wonky.

The scrap RR I started is on hold until i get caught up on some of these others :lol

post-17735-135897626053_thumb.jpg

Here is progress on one of the RR i've started. This one is actually a re-do blankie for my youngest stepdaughter...i have now fell in love with RRs. The circle to square blanket pattern i was using was just too wonky.

The scrap RR I started is on hold until i get caught up on some of these others :lol

Love th ebright colors!

Baby RR, using Aggie May's pattern and Vanna Baby yarn:hook

post-8552-135897626899_thumb.jpg

Thats really pretty....love the colors in it! What border did you use? I need to find something for the one I'm working on.

Thats really pretty....love the colors in it! What border did you use? I need to find something for the one I'm working on.

Thanks!

The border is one Crochet Dad (here) shared. I forget what he called it.:think

sc, 2 dc - all in same st.

sk 2 stitches, repeat. In the peaks make 3 dc and I just played with the spacing before and after the peaks so it lay flat...trial and error for me. In the valley I skipped 3 stitches to keep it laying nice. Again, whatever works, which is my normal approach to hooking:lol.

They all look so nice! :cheer

Judy ~ I love your color combo and the size of the stripes! :yay

These are all so beautiful... they make me want to try one and I swore I'd never do another afghan (except squares) as I get bored so easily. :P I showed my mom thinking she would love the star design but was shocked when she liked Crochet Dad's claret and black one the best. It just sounds soooo hard with 4 strands of yarn!

These are all so beautiful... they make me want to try one and I swore I'd never do another afghan (except squares) as I get bored so easily. :P I showed my mom thinking she would love the star design but was shocked when she liked Crochet Dad's claret and black one the best. It just sounds soooo hard with 4 strands of yarn!

Ouch - sounds like a Q hook. Thise are hard on my hands unless I take frequent breaks...though the look is always amazing!

They all look so nice! :cheer

Judy ~ I love your color combo and the size of the stripes! :yay

Thanks...I've made RRs for years and with each one I am always learning how best to arrange the colors.

Thanks!

The border is one Crochet Dad (here) shared. I forget what he called it.:think

sc, 2 dc - all in same st.

sk 2 stitches, repeat. In the peaks make 3 dc and I just played with the spacing before and after the peaks so it lay flat...trial and error for me. In the valley I skipped 3 stitches to keep it laying nice. Again, whatever works, which is my normal approach to hooking:lol.

Judy - it's beautiful.

Yea, that's the way I do it too - whatever works. I've seen that stitch combination referred to as the sedge stitch. I really like it. I've also used a modified version which makes it easier to end the corners/valleys in the right spot:

sc, dc in same st, sk 1, repeat.

Edited by CrochetDad

Ouch - sounds like a Q hook. Thise are hard on my hands unless I take frequent breaks...though the look is always amazing!

Thanks...I've made RRs for years and with each one I am always learning how best to arrange the colors.

I used an S hook (19 mm) for the 4 strands.

Link to original post:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1557366&postcount=3257

Judy - it's beautiful.

Yea, that's the way I do it too - whatever works. I've seen that stitch combination referred to as the sedge stitch. I really like it. I've also used a modified version which makes it easier to end the corners/valleys in the right spot:

sc, dc in same st, sk 1, repeat.

Thanks for the compliment...and the info for the valley!

I used an S hook (19 mm) for the 4 strands.

Link to original post:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1557366&postcount=3257

That is gorgeous!! But my hands just couldn't handle that S hook. I made a blended, 2 str Homespun RR, but that didn't even need a Q hook.

Never knew there was such thing as an s hook!

I like to think of it as a baseball bat for a little one to use:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

here is the other RR i finished last sunday...this is Bernat jacquards Berries n Cream...

post-37461-135897627647_thumb.jpg

here is the other RR i finished last sunday...this is Bernat jacquards Berries n Cream...

Very pretty!!:clap

Very pretty!!

I'm at 48" on my bright colored one. Want it to be 60" finished, so I'm thinking 7 more rows around and then the border. :yay

I love that! What a pretty color combination! I have to try one with this kind of yarn! I have only done them with separate colors. I just got done sewing in all the ends on one afghan for my granddaughter. She picked 6 colors & wanted it striped. So, the thought of using a self-patterned yarn is EXTRA appealing to me right now!

:manyheart Fantastic! One of the best scrapghans I've seen.

here is one I just finished with all my scraps. :) [ATTACH]35206[/ATTACH]

I love both of these :manyheart

Great used of scraps luvknot :yes

WOW! It looks amazing!!:clap