Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I've completed two more 9-pointed Round Ripples from the free pattern at this link.

Both are on the small side - the Blue/White one is approximately 36 inches across and made with Sensations (very soft) yarn. The Blue/Brown/Off-white one is approximately 48 inches across and made with Caron One Pound Worsted.

The borders for both are a round of sc, then (sc, dc in same st, sk 1 st) repeat. The points are a 4 stitch picot for the blue/white one and sc, ch 2, sc for the blue/brown/off-white one.

I love this pattern - it was originally created for me as a special request by Aggie May. She has graciously allowed me to distribute the free pattern.

Love them...the colors are awesome together!!

I made several of these round ripples a few years ago and now decided to crochet another out of this great yarn I found on sale after Christmas. It's Bernat Satin and is soooo....soft and nice to work with I think this is the only yarn I ever want again!!! Not that I ever expect to find it for a 1.99 a ball again :(

[ATTACH]33267[/ATTACH]

:crocheting

Nice colors together. I have used the Bernat satin before too, and i loved it. I made a scarf for my daughter with it, and its so soft and washes well. $1.99 a ball?? Thats an awesome price!! I think I paid on sale $3.99 a ball.

I'm stuck...

working on the star rr from RoseRed, and I need to get more yarn...just not sure if i want to continue with the varigated or find a match the blue and add a few rows of a solid blue. I bought the yarn at a LYS where I used to live, but over 2 years ago, sent them a message to see if they still carried it in that color (i saved the label!!) I only had 2 skeins of the varigated and am at the last half of the 2nd skein and still have several more rows to add for it to be a nice size for the back of an 8 ft. couch for my MIL.

Check it out on my blog

I have plenty of the cornflower/yellow color, plenty of the dark red color.

I'm stuck...

working on the star rr from RoseRed, and I need to get more yarn...just not sure if i want to continue with the varigated or find a match the blue and add a few rows of a solid blue. I bought the yarn at a LYS where I used to live, but over 2 years ago, sent them a message to see if they still carried it in that color (i saved the label!!) I only had 2 skeins of the varigated and am at the last half of the 2nd skein and still have several more rows to add for it to be a nice size for the back of an 8 ft. couch for my MIL.

Check it out on my blog

I have plenty of the cornflower/yellow color, plenty of the dark red color.

sorry I can't offer a suggestion for the colors, but I love what you've done so far.

Finished. I stopped 3 rows shy of the pattern, but my arms were hurting too much and it was going from an 'I love to crochet' project to a 'get this flippin thing done already' project. So I finished it. The edges got a little bunchy. I think I know what I did. It's my first one, and I'm keeping it to snuggle in front of the wood stove with, so I don't mind if it doesn't lay perfectly flat. Its is a pattern from the red heart site. It goes from 7 to 21 points, and is as wide as my double bed. I didn't follow their color scheme at all. Our model today is my cat Skinny.

post-6085-135897616783_thumb.jpg

The general consensus I think on the star ripple I'm working on is to try to get more of the varigated. So that project is on hold.

I did start my scrap RR yesterday, no pics yet, but I did get to the 4th color in my yarn ball!! Its about 12" round right now. :cheer

Finished. I stopped 3 rows shy of the pattern, but my arms were hurting too much and it was going from an 'I love to crochet' project to a 'get this flippin thing done already' project. So I finished it. The edges got a little bunchy. I think I know what I did. It's my first one, and I'm keeping it to snuggle in front of the wood stove with, so I don't mind if it doesn't lay perfectly flat. Its is a pattern from the red heart site. It goes from 7 to 21 points, and is as wide as my double bed. I didn't follow their color scheme at all. Our model today is my cat Skinny.

I've gotten that way with projects, too:lol

I adore the colors:cheer:clap...and the model:manyheart:c9

I'm also known for having very non-matchy ghans laying around my home just because I liked working with the colors. Drives hubby nuts at times;)

Baby size is usually between 36-42 from what i've read, not sure about the lap size...i haven't finished one yet!! I would say if it lays from chest to feet with overhang on the sides would be good....depends on the person's size you are making it for i suppose.

Baby size is usually between 36-42 from what i've read, not sure about the lap size...i haven't finished one yet!! I would say if it lays from chest to feet with overhang on the sides would be good....depends on the person's size you are making it for i suppose.

right on both counts, from what I've learned. Lapghans can also be about that size, too because if too big they'll drag if the person is in a wheelchair.

Not sure how big scrappy RR will be, just when i run out of yarn, but i'm sure it will be at least lap-size. I will take pics once i get more colors in it.

I made a regular ripple for my grandfather last year who uses a wheelchair in the nursing home to get around in, and it was about 40" wide by about 4ft. long. He has to fold it over in his lap to keep it from dragging around his feet...so i wish i had made it differently. I made the ripples long ways, wish i had done it short ways. The 40" was perfect width for him - laid on his lap with a little bit on each side without it being all bunched up. Here's a pic...

post-17735-135897618209_thumb.jpg

Not sure how big scrappy RR will be, just when i run out of yarn, but i'm sure it will be at least lap-size. I will take pics once i get more colors in it.

I made a regular ripple for my grandfather last year who uses a wheelchair in the nursing home to get around in, and it was about 40" wide by about 4ft. long. He has to fold it over in his lap to keep it from dragging around his feet...so i wish i had made it differently. I made the ripples long ways, wish i had done it short ways. The 40" was perfect width for him - laid on his lap with a little bit on each side without it being all bunched up. Here's a pic...

Nice colors!

I have a Ripple ghan I made a bit ago...and I ended up making too long a foundation chain so the ripples run the same way as yours do!

We all do that....:lol

Nice colors!

I have a Ripple ghan I made a bit ago...and I ended up making too long a foundation chain so the ripples run the same way as yours do!

We all do that....:lol

Ditto:hook Just haven't got a picture of it yet. Way behind on pictures!:blush

Happy Crocheting,

Kathy

started another RR for charity weekend...i ran out of yarn for my seahawks one and i need to get some more

Isn't it wonderful having a stash?:D

This started out as a sampler to see what the colors looked like together and I liked them so much I continued till I ran out of yarn.

[ATTACH]34010[/ATTACH][ATTACH]34011[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]34012[/ATTACH]

The first pic is the true colors

that's beautiful!! Looks like a sunburst!