Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Here's my latest for a student at Longwood Univ. in Virginia. First time I've used Vanna's Choice ... I love working with it, but I'm not sure it will take the abuse of a college washer/dryer, LOL!

Anyone use Vanna's Choice for a RR? What's your experience with VC holding up over time?

post-5630-135897615241_thumb.jpg

Here's my latest for a student at Longwood Univ. in Virginia. First time I've used Vanna's Choice ... I love working with it, but I'm not sure it will take the abuse of a college washer/dryer, LOL!

Anyone use Vanna's Choice for a RR? What's your experience with VC holding up over time?

[ATTACH]33078[/ATTACH]

Very pretty! The color changes are great!

I've never used VC for a RR.

[ATTACH]33078[/ATTACH]

I have and I loved working with the VC. Unfortunately, it was a christmas gift for my nephew so it hasn't been long enough to comment on its durability :blush:lol

You did a beautiful job:yes

Thanks everyone, for your comments. Next RR in the queue is for a young lady in my church choir who got in to William & Mary on early acceptance ... so some green/gold is in my future. I have plans to use Red Heart for this one.

I have a few other projects lined up first, so this next one will take awhile to complete.

After I get some of my wip's caught up i'm gonna join this. I want to make a scrap ripple using magic yarn balls. I took all my scrap :yarn balls and wound them into 3 big cakes and 1 med. size cake. I think it will be fun to see how the colors work together. Its basically greens, blue, purples, brown, white, and pinks. I saw the one on DebiY's blog . Not sure which pattern I want to use. I'm currently working on a star ripple designed by RoseRed. I have the progress pictured on my blog

After I get some of my wip's caught up i'm gonna join this. I want to make a scrap ripple using magic yarn balls. I took all my scrap :yarn balls and wound them into 3 big cakes and 1 med. size cake. I think it will be fun to see how the colors work together. Its basically greens, blue, purples, brown, white, and pinks. I saw the one on DebiY's blog . Not sure which pattern I want to use. I'm currently working on a star ripple designed by RoseRed. I have the progress pictured on my blog

That's a great idea for using scraps! Nice blog, too!

I would love some more info on your Magic Yarn Balls! Is there a method to the madness?

I just went by what other's have done...gathered up all my scrap yarn, and just started winding them. At the end of each, you just loose knot the next color and wind it on and continue until your winder won't take anymore. (My spool pops off when the cake gets really big!) If you don't have a winder, you can use teakaycee's method she has posted on her blog to wind center pull balls. I've done that too when I couldn't find my winder.

Some of my scrap yarn was in larger quantities so i split it up some so there wouldn't be such a large section of one color. I really like the effect DebiY's had.

I think i'm going to use RoseRed's 12-pt. ripple pattern. I like her patterns...they are always easy to follow. Plus I like the way the center is. Now I just have to hurry up and get my other stuff done so i can work on this...might use this a the "break away" project. You know...the one that you work on when you are taking a break away from something else!! :lol

I just went by what other's have done...gathered up all my scrap yarn, and just started winding them. At the end of each, you just loose knot the next color and wind it on and continue until your winder won't take anymore. (My spool pops off when the cake gets really big!) If you don't have a winder, you can use teakaycee's method she has posted on her blog to wind center pull balls. I've done that too when I couldn't find my winder.

Some of my scrap yarn was in larger quantities so i split it up some so there wouldn't be such a large section of one color. I really like the effect DebiY's had.

I do have a Winder! Love it!!!

Okay... I have been crocheting for 29 years...but what is a loose knot? :P

a knot you don't pull tight. LOL

You want to be able to untie it when you get to the change of colors but will need it tight enough that when you pull the yarn through the center of the ball it doesn't come untied and you have to dig for the end.

I have what I call "golf ball" size scraps:lol I could just close my eyes and dip in the container for the next color:lol

That would work Judy, but you spend time tying each one on, with the balls you tie one day and crochet another day. Same idea, 2 methods I guess.

I wouldn't tie them on..would work over the tails, leaving a tiny bit to work back in reverse to secure it....:hook

I've completed two more 9-pointed Round Ripples from the free pattern at this link.

Both are on the small side - the Blue/White one is approximately 36 inches across and made with Sensations (very soft) yarn. The Blue/Brown/Off-white one is approximately 48 inches across and made with Caron One Pound Worsted.

The borders for both are a round of sc, then (sc, dc in same st, sk 1 st) repeat. The points are a 4 stitch picot for the blue/white one and sc, ch 2, sc for the blue/brown/off-white one.

I love this pattern - it was originally created for me as a special request by Aggie May. She has graciously allowed me to distribute the free pattern.

post-13211-135897616002_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897616005_thumb.jpg

I've completed two more 9-pointed Round Ripples from the free pattern at this link.

Both are on the small side - the Blue/White one is approximately 36 inches across and made with Sensations (very soft) yarn. The Blue/Brown/Off-white one is approximately 48 inches across and made with Caron One Pound Worsted.

The borders for both are a round of sc, then (sc, dc in same st, sk 1 st) repeat. The points are a 4 stitch picot for the blue/white one and sc, ch 2, sc for the blue/brown/off-white one.

I love this pattern - it was originally created for me as a special request by Aggie May. She has graciously allowed me to distribute the free pattern.

gorgeous work - as always!!:clap

Gorgeous Gene :manyheart Beautiful work

I made several of these round ripples a few years ago and now decided to crochet another out of this great yarn I found on sale after Christmas. It's Bernat Satin and is soooo....soft and nice to work with I think this is the only yarn I ever want again!!! Not that I ever expect to find it for a 1.99 a ball again :(

post-29058-135897616181_thumb.jpg

:crocheting

I made several of these round ripples a few years ago and now decided to crochet another out of this great yarn I found on sale after Christmas. It's Bernat Satin and is soooo....soft and nice to work with I think this is the only yarn I ever want again!!! Not that I ever expect to find it for a 1.99 a ball again :(

[ATTACH]33267[/ATTACH]

:crocheting

beautiful colors!