Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I hope it's fun - I've never taught anyone I didn't know, just relatives and friends, so I'm a little nervous. The class will be limited to 6, so that will help, I think. The shop owner found one of my crocheted earrings and asked if I was interested in teaching something. She picked the 9-pointed star afghan - I think because it's all yarn and doesn't include anything that's not in her shop, like the earring hardware...

Awesome, can't wait to see your pics and have fun teaching the class :clap

WooHoo... I'm back in work! :clap I could only manage to get to Walmart today so I had to settle for what I could find for baby yarn and settled on an assortment of Bernat Baby Coordinates. I am giving Bernat another try... although I have to admit it is mainly because that was all that was available to me. I am working it with two strands and am doing the blended look to it. I hope it turns out. I was showing pictures of RRs to my mother and we both liked the RRs with more points. I am doing a 12 point... but even after only 6 rounds really wishing I had stuck with the 9pt pattern CrochetDad has shared with us in this thread. I really do not want to frog it so I will keep working and hope that I can keep my points even for this first effort. It shouldnt be too challenging considering the projects I have conquered but I have always found the ones that I least expect to give me issues do!!!

Look forward to sharing pictures (with my new camera hubby got me for Christmas!) :cheer

:think I think I may be doing something wrong... and may frog it all and start a different pattern. I started the first time using a J hook with the two strands (baby weight yarn) and by round 7 I noticed a ruffle. I made sure my counts were right. I went up to a K hook and tried again. I just finished round 7 again notice that there is a ruffle in it again. I am guessing I will frog it all and either move up to a N hook or try a different pattern. I am using http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474976910272 Sunshine Round Ripple The two pictures that are on the page clearly show the pattern without a ruffle.

This is my second attempt at a RR... the first one was the granny ripple that crojulee posted and I had problems with it ruffling. :thair

try lyn's round ripple on cpc...sorry can't post link directly..also i found that a J hook works great with 1 strand...so you might want to try a N or P with 2...

gonna ask sis if she wants a rr or rectangular blanket...

Well... I restarted again... This time trying Lyn's pattern since several have told me about it. It is almost the same as the one I was doing but I am not getting the ripple. There may be the slightest hint of a ripple but I think it will block out just fine. I really like the way it looks. I am going into the 4th of 5 colors so I am moving right along on it. It has been a breeze and looks good.

I am trying to decide on a border. Maybe a shell? Reverse SC? Any other ideas?

My favorites (so far) are a round of sc with [2 sc, ch 2] in the points, then a round of [sc, 2 dc all in same st, sk 2 st] around or [sc, dc, sk 1 st] around. The first is called the sedge stitch, I'm told and an alternate method is [sc, hdc, dc all in same st, sk 1 st] around. The second was my modification of the sedge when the stitch count didn't quite work out. In both of the second rounds above, I do a [sc, ch 2, sc] in the points. Both methods create a nice, scalloped edge.

Well... I restarted again... This time trying Lyn's pattern since several have told me about it. It is almost the same as the one I was doing but I am not getting the ripple. There may be the slightest hint of a ripple but I think it will block out just fine. I really like the way it looks. I am going into the 4th of 5 colors so I am moving right along on it. It has been a breeze and looks good.

I am trying to decide on a border. Maybe a shell? Reverse SC? Any other ideas?

I finished up my first RR today. I have not washed it and blocked it yet so these pictures are not the best but figured that I would share :) I will be in a time crunch to get it washed and dried to deliver tomorrow and was scared I wouldnt get more pictures.

It was supposed to be gender neutral since the couple does not know if baby Taylor is going to be a boy or girl. I think Taylor is going to be a boy. I did an extra round of the blue and green plus the border in the green to help drown out the more girly colors and balance it. The nursery is being done primarily in the green and yellow colors.

I really like how the colors blended in it. It is worked with two strands and a K hook.

And thanks CrochetDad for the edging suggestions. I was away from the computer whne I finished and did not get them until after I had started the shell I ended up using. I will have to keep your edge in mind though because I really do not care for the shell that I used this time around.

post-33792-135897612027_thumb.jpg

post-33792-135897612031_thumb.jpg

i made this for my little cousin for christmas. I used Lyn's Round Ripple

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

I used RHSS blue, spring green and banana berry...

Very nice - love the bright colors!:cheer

I finished up my first RR today. I have not washed it and blocked it yet so these pictures are not the best but figured that I would share :) I will be in a time crunch to get it washed and dried to deliver tomorrow and was scared I wouldnt get more pictures.

It was supposed to be gender neutral since the couple does not know if baby Taylor is going to be a boy or girl. I think Taylor is going to be a boy. I did an extra round of the blue and green plus the border in the green to help drown out the more girly colors and balance it. The nursery is being done primarily in the green and yellow colors.

I really like how the colors blended in it. It is worked with two strands and a K hook.

And thanks CrochetDad for the edging suggestions. I was away from the computer whne I finished and did not get them until after I had started the shell I ended up using. I will have to keep your edge in mind though because I really do not care for the shell that I used this time around.

The colors blend beautifull! Great job:cheer

I think this is an awesome CAL! Even though it's been going for awhile, I LOVE that people are still sharing their RR's!!!!

I am finishing up a couple Corner to Corners and then have a couple RRs to do.

Everyone keep posting pics!!!!! LOVE to see them!!!!

My daughter has requested an afghan I am think of going out and buying her favorite colors (yellow and pink) and making her a RR or finding out her BF's favorite colors and mixing the 2 together not quit sure yet.

just finished this one for project linus I used a size H hook and Bernat 4 yarn in Burnt Orange and Grey Oxford [ATTACH]32630[/ATTACH]

Great job!:cheer

I will have another to share soon ... I've been working on one for a friend's daughter who attends Longwood U. in VA. This is the first time I'm using Vanna's Choice yarn and I love it! I'm using Colonial Blue and Silver Gray with an 8-pt pattern.

Every one of the recent ones looks fantastic and I'm glad we're all still sharing these here! :hook

I will have another to share soon ... I've been working on one for a friend's daughter who attends Longwood U. in VA. This is the first time I'm using Vanna's Choice yarn and I love it! I'm using Colonial Blue and Silver Gray with an 8-pt pattern.

Every one of the recent ones looks fantastic and I'm glad we're all still sharing these here! :hook

Norma, that's going to be a beautiful combination of colors!

My car decided to act up today so didn't get to Walmart as planned, hopefully it will be fixed soon my fingers are itching to start something other then the hats I've been making.

I started my first ever round ripple yesterday. 2 shades of purple and 2 different variegated purples.

It sounds pretty!!

Well my car is not going to get fixed anytime soon but my loving DH drove me to Walmart tonight and I got 2 skiens pale yellow and 2 skiens petal pink now to decide how I want to do this one. I also got a lb of black but that's for another project in the future.

Sorry if I'm a little behind. I don't get to get on here much anymore.

Have any of you tried adapting this to a tree skirt? I would love to know how to do so.

Here are a couple RR Tree Skirt Patterns:

http://smoothfoxlover.blogspot.com/2009/10/smoothfoxs-christmas-tree-skirt-free.html

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1070831&postcount=2231