Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I finished my first round ripple. Took me 11 days with me working on it intermittently. It's 25 inches across and perfect size for the NICU :cheer:clap

I love your red & white as well - it's crisp and fresh looking. great job!

I was browsing older posts in here and relized that alot of the older pics aren't showing anymore so here are fresh pics of my RR's

This one I made for my step dad last Christmas

[ATTACH]31182[/ATTACH]

This one was for my sister

[ATTACH]31183[/ATTACH]

This on is my DH's it fits our queen size bed

[ATTACH]31184[/ATTACH]

and this one will go to a baby in africa

[ATTACH]31185[/ATTACH]

I am not sure why part of this last one ruffled on me.

They are beautiful!

I hope you'll share photos! It sounds beautiful!!! Blue and White are my favorite color combination. It reminds me of the ocean

Oh, will...I have to get other pics onto my blog, too, so this will join them when done.

Yes...it is like a deep ocean color. DS's apartment is on the bay side of Sandy Hook - he loves the water...and the teal blue walls are very much in that theme.

• 2 weeks later...
I just finished my very first rr last night :D

Very nice.

I think I have a couple of round ripple WIPs. Hopefully I can pull them out soon and get them finished. There were 2 I started for my boys for Christmas. Not sure they will be done in time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

RR is still on my list... thinking about doing this baby blanket I need to get done in it. I have already got the yarn and am now trying to figure out the pattern! It is the Bernat Baby Bouclé. Unfortunately it is only one color... and I do not know how they will be for a RR. Anyone have any thoughts on a solid RR... granted the yarn is kinda varigated. Can someone point me to a pattern that would be great for a solid color? Something that I can use a bulkier yarn for but maybe still have some pretty detail?

Thanks! I LOVE looking at everyone's RRs! They are gorgeous!

Hi Everyone!

RR is still on my list... thinking about doing this baby blanket I need to get done in it. I have already got the yarn and am now trying to figure out the pattern! It is the Bernat Baby Bouclé. Unfortunately it is only one color... and I do not know how they will be for a RR. Anyone have any thoughts on a solid RR... granted the yarn is kinda varigated. Can someone point me to a pattern that would be great for a solid color? Something that I can use a bulkier yarn for but maybe still have some pretty detail?

Thanks! I LOVE looking at everyone's RRs! They are gorgeous!

I've made them in one color....if you've never odne a RR before check out Crochet Dad's pattern - it's free - has only 9 points and the shell in each point is always the same number of stitches.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/9-pointed-star-round-ripple?buy=1

I was thinking of a baby round ripple with some lovely yarn I got from Herrschner's recently. When I work down to it in the queue - maybe not too long because I really want to work with the yarn - I'll hop in here. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy seeing your projects. I've only done three round ripples, all for babies, and I had fun doing the pattern.

Every time I try to make a rr it always comes out lumpy, I can never seem to make one that lays flat...

Paying attention to the number of stitches on each side of the point should take care of that:yes

The Herrschner's is worsted weight Triopical Delight. It's a mix of yellow, green, blue and purple. It not pastel - the green is about the color of lime sherbet, and the others are around the same intensity. I had never used their yarn and saw this one on sale for 1..45 a skein, so I ordered some. I shopped around with a skein of it today to see if there was anything in particular I could find to go with it, but there wasn't -- at least not in a price range I was willing to pay for the project. I'll probably just use it with RH soft white. That is, the Super Saver soft white, not the Soft yarn white. If that made sense.

I used Smoothfox's Daisy Round Ripple for the three I made, though on the second two I modified the center, dropping off the points of the petals so the center had more of a medallion look. It lay quite flat. On that pattern ever third row had smaller increases. Since that's the only pattern I've used, I don't know if that is standard.

Looking at this yarn again, I think this may have just been bumped up a few notches in the queue!

Well... my RR is on hold again.... :( I started working with bernat boucle and the yarn literally kept tearing :angry I am so mad at it. It probably would not have worked because it is so thick anyways but I can not believe that the yarn just tore the way it did. I tried using bigger and bigger hooks with it to keep the work a little more loose with no luck. I was using a K hook the last time it tore on me. I will never use this stuff again. :rant

So hopefully I will be able to get out and get some baby colors to work on it soon. I heard from a friend tonight that they are expecting momma to deliver within the next 2 weeks or so and she is on full bedrest!

I've completed another 9-pointed round ripple (albeit a small one - 48 inches across) using the pattern that has been attributed to me. The pattern, in fact, was created by Aggie May here on Crochetville for me and she has permitted me to distribute it. It's a great pattern, lays flat and the increases are the same all the way out.

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to take a picture when the light is more favorable. I'll post the picture at that time...

I had been asked to teach a class on this pattern at a nearby yarn shop and I wanted a sample to show the class before starting. :hook

Edited by CrochetDad
More info.

I've completed another 9-pointed round ripple (albeit a small one - 48 inches across) using the pattern that has been attributed to me. The pattern, in fact, was created by Aggie May here on Crochetville for me and she has permitted me to distribute it. It's a great pattern, lays flat and the increases are the same all the way out.

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to take a picture when the light is more favorable. I'll post the picture at that time...

I had been asked to teach a class on this pattern at a nearby yarn shop and I wanted a sample to show the class before starting. :hook

Awesome, can't wait to see your pics and have fun teaching the class :clap