Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

just wanted to post a few rrs I have completed since last summer, sorry I am a little lazy with posting pics :blush

The first is my latest baby ghan for project linus. It is done in bernat baby cordinates (not sure exactly what the shade is just a baby blue) and rh baby white.

DSCN4847.jpg

The second is a baby ghan I did for a neighbor whose newest baby was born in early March. This one is rh baby, not sure of the shade just something from my stash:

DSCN5006.jpg

Next on one I did for my neice for her first birthday. This one is bernat softee baby in pink parade and rh baby lilac. ItDSCN4853-1.jpg is finished, but I guess I forgot to get a pic of the finished ghan, oops!

Edited by mva5493

They're all so pretty!:clap I even got the last baby one to load up by copying the link to my little computer window:hook

Oh I like those afghans! and the second one is gorgeous (love those colors)

Yes this Cal is still going on. I keep it open all the time. We kinda come and go and share what were doing. We would love to have you join in and will be looking forward to seeing you RR. So glad you joined :-)

Thanks! I'm going to stitch that spiderman one for my nephew - I'm stitching a star one now similar to the Annie's Attic one, except mine has five points instead of six. If those count as Round Ripples, I'll post a pic of it.

Do they?

Thanks! I'm going to stitch that spiderman one for my nephew - I'm stitching a star one now similar to the Annie's Attic one, except mine has five points instead of six. If those count as Round Ripples, I'll post a pic of it.

Do they?

I make them with more than 6 points:lol

Do they?

Thanks, I think you are referring to the green and variegated (hard to see from that pic).

I have made ripples with as little as five (it was a starghan, but I consider it a rr because it is a similar pattern) and as many as 32 points. The 32 point started out with 8, then added 8 more to make 16, and finally another 16 to make 32. The pattern is called aztec sun but it still looks like a rr to me, just stitched a bit different.

Ah, lovely!

Well, it has ten points now, actually, but here's what it looks like:

star2-1.jpg

The biggest points won't quite lay flat right now, but they will when I add the next extra points.

Ah, lovely!

star2-1.jpg

The biggest points won't quite lay flat right now, but they will when I add the next extra points.

That's looking great! I haven't tried adding extra points yet - but I have a pattern that includes that in it, so one of these days...

I'm just very comfortable with the Sew on Fire pattern I use for now.

Ah, lovely!

star2-1.jpg

That is looking great, love the contrast of the extra points. That looks like a round ripple to me, I have not seen one 5 points made into 10, have seen 6-12-24, I like the way yours is coming along. Don't know if you have seen it, but there was a cal for the 6-12-24 point rr, (some with other points too) here :http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=71456&highlight=6+point+star

I'm still in as well. I was originally making the spring colored one for a co-worker, but due to my MIL going into an assisted living center, I gave it to her. So I am about halfway finished with another one in green, white and yellow.

Jinxed & Marycathie,

Wow great work!!

I finally finished my first rr. Pics aren't an option right now--we are about to move this weekend..but I have managed to get started on my second rr. Having two little girls I have to double everything I make. Hopefully once we get settled I'll be able to get pics posted.

Thank you, thank you June I used the chain 3 rope border and I love love love it!!

Jinxed & Marycathie,

Wow great work!!

I finally finished my first rr. Pics aren't an option right now--we are about to move this weekend..but I have managed to get started on my second rr. Having two little girls I have to double everything I make. Hopefully once we get settled I'll be able to get pics posted.

Thank you, thank you June I used the chain 3 rope border and I love love love it!!

I'm so happy that you liked it! (and could follow what I wrote)

I can't wait to see pictures of it!

Hi ladies, yep I am back. I LOVE all the pics and never get tired of seeing these round ripples. I couldnt help myself and started another to use up some stash. Yellow, white and blue. I was going to use some honeydew green but my son said it didnt match! Thank goodness he told me before I added it in! LOL

I have to say they can get a bit tedious towards the end but its well worth it and a great non-thinking project to work on while watching a movie.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

This is my very 1st RR. Aggie May's pattern. If I hadn't found the 'Ville, I'd never have ventured past squares & rectangles :cheer

It is HL's ILTY, High Meadow Ombre & Linen held together w/ a N hook. 5 skiens of Ombre, & 3 skiens of Linen. The last row is HDC w/ 2 strands of Linen. It wound up 66" across.:crocheting

I don't get to crochet for hours on end. It took about a month to complete; primarily during 3 & 4 hour emergency room stays w/ DH.:scared:scared

When I complete my projects, a lady @ work takes them home to wash for me, as my well water is nasty, & I don't do any laundry @ home. She always asks if she has to bring my projects back, or if she can "store" them for me. Well, I didn't tell her until today, this one was for her. She is a stiff upper lip Germany lady, & she nearly came to tears.

pic is clickable

th_100_1662.jpg

This is my very 1st RR. Aggie May's pattern. If I hadn't found the 'Ville, I'd never have ventured past squares & rectangles :cheer

It is HL's ILTY, High Meadow Ombre & Linen held together w/ a N hook. 5 skiens of Ombre, & 3 skiens of Linen. The last row is HDC w/ 2 strands of Linen. It wound up 66" across.:crocheting

I don't get to crochet for hours on end. It took about a month to complete; primarily during 3 & 4 hour emergency room stays w/ DH.:scared:scared

When I complete my projects, a lady @ work takes them home to wash for me, as my well water is nasty, & I don't do any laundry @ home. She always asks if she has to bring my projects back, or if she can "store" them for me. Well, I didn't tell her until today, this one was for her. She is a stiff upper lip Germany lady, & she nearly came to tears.

pic is clickable

th_100_1662.jpg

McLendon,

Your RR is very nice, I like the color a lot. Your friend at work is a very lucky lady :)

I'm glad you shared your work with us. We never see enough RR's :)

Cat what a beautiful RR! I love the colors that you used and ILTY is my favorite yarn to work with. I wish I could have seen that lady's face when you told her it was for her ~ what a kind thing to do!