Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I am due in July. I just love the way these colors look so I want to give it a try. I have plenty of time to do another one for myself if need be. Not to mention the fact that I have a friend whose first child is due 3 weeks after me, and another whose third child is due 1 week before me...I'm thinking that at least ONE of us is bound to have a girl :) Also, right now I'm kind of leaning toward the feeling that this little one is a girl anyway (now that I've made that public it will be a boy for sure!!! haha)

I'll post a pic of the velvetspun blanket I love to make that is neutral. Super thick and warm and huge...and it works up in no time - that can always be my backup :)

What about doing one in rainbow colors? It'll work well with either gender and have lots of bright colors for the baby to enjoy looking at.

What about doing one in rainbow colors? It'll work well with either gender and have lots of bright colors for the baby to enjoy looking at.

There ya go! I forgot about that - I made one for a neighbor's toddler and did it what I call "crayon" colors...you know, all the vivid colors: yellow, green, blue....any of them.

Those are all FABULOUS ideas! This kid is going to have a ton of blankets!! LOL. Besides Mommy, the other crocheters include one close friend and both Grandmas!

This is the velvetspun blanket I was talking about:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i205/TiffTiff125/100_1866.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i205/TiffTiff125/100_1865.jpg

It's only something like 55 rows plus border. I've finished one in as little as 4 days. It's probably a better winter blanket anyway since its so thick.

As for a rainbow...I saw a pic of an RR done in Caron brights. Very sharp!

Edited by JellyBean

ok joining back in on this one, I'm trying out the 24 pt RR pattern Aggie May worked out down in the seeking patterns forum, first one will go in my classroom.

Oh btw...

I got thru round 7 of the pattern. Rounds 8 and 9 are listed then I keep repeating. Do I have to increase or something in the repeated rounds? (again...I'm sure this is a duh question).

Pattern I'm using:

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

TIA!

you will naturally increase as you repeat those rows since you dc in each dc up to the point

Those are all FABULOUS ideas! This kid is going to have a ton of blankets!! LOL. Besides Mommy, the other crocheters include one close friend and both Grandmas!

It's only something like 55 rows plus border. I've finished one in as little as 4 days. It's probably a better winter blanket anyway since its so thick.

Beautiful blankie!!!:clap

Oh btw...

I got thru round 7 of the pattern. Rounds 8 and 9 are listed then I keep repeating. Do I have to increase or something in the repeated rounds? (again...I'm sure this is a duh question).

Pattern I'm using:

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

TIA!

I see you got your answer already!:hook

That's beautiful!

Finally found the camera! So here is one that I have finished. I have another one about a third of the way finished. These work up so fast and with all of the colors combinations, each one is so unique!

th_BlueRoundRipple1.jpg

Thanks Ladies!

I put rounds 8 & 9 on last night and I now understand the increase in the pattern. I think I will be fine :) I love how simple this pattern is.

That's the best part: once you get past the first few rows you don't need the pattern in front of you anymore!

Well Ladies....have a wonderful weekend. Hope everyone makes great progress.

Not sure if I will work on mine much...gotta finish painting the baby's closet, carpet is being installed tomorrow and we are redoing the hallway bathroom. In between that it's dishes...and laundry...and cleaning....LOL!

Evening Everyone:manyheart

I wanted to post the pictures that I took, of the purple WIP, I would have posted it befoire, but I havn't been feeling too good.

Since I took these 2 pics. I have crocheted about 9 morw rows:hook

So, now, I'm going to get a fresh cup of coffee, and go crochet a bit, before I go to sleep

I hope that everyone has a great day tomorrow:clap:yay

Hugs,Carol

please click on these pictures to enlarge !!

th_afghans002PurplesRRWIP.jpg

th_afghans003PurplesRRWIPCats.jpg

Finally found the camera! So here is one that I have finished. I have another one about a third of the way finished. These work up so fast and with all of the colors combinations, each one is so unique!

th_BlueRoundRipple1.jpg

Love the colour combo, great job.

Ok ladies,

I got started on my first RR this weekend. I made the first four rounds in White and the next four in a variegated. Then the 9th round starting in white again. I will try to get pics as soon as a can. I am planning on 4 rounds white then 4 rounds variegated. But I am having trouble with round 10. I am using Lyn's pattern, and after round 9 it just says to alternate 2 rounds small shells, then 2 rounds large shells. My question is: In round 9 you put 1 dc in next four dc's after the combo in the 2 space. But in round 8 you only put 1 dc in next 3--so do I continue in round 10 with 4 dc or 3 dc after the combo in the 2 space?? Does any of this even make sense to you guys?? Please help if you can..

I'm confused....I use the Sew on Fire pattern...but it can't be that different. :think

When I'm more awake I'll take a look at your question again:yes

Here is the pattern I am using.

So for round ten and the rest of the RR do I continue to 1dc in next 4 after the combo in the 2sp. as shown in round 9 or do I increase to 5, 6, etc.?? Because in round 7 and 8 it says 1dc in next 3 after the combo in the 2sp.

Now I probably have you way confused too..

kls

Baby's Round Ripple Afghan

40 inch across

Materials:

12 -18 oz. 4 ply WW Yarn

(your color choice...solid or varigated, or both.) (or baby sport/pompadour with an F hook)

size G hook(this makes a 12 point afghan)

Rnd 1. ch 4, join with sl st to form a ring. ch 3, ( ch 3 always counts as first dc ). put 11 dc into the ring, (12 dc). join with sl st .

Rnd 2. ch 3, 1 dc in same st, 2 dc in each st around (24). join.

Rnd 3: ch 3, *skip next st, 1 dc-ch 2-1 dc in next st (V-st made). repeat from * ending with 1 dc in same sp as ch 3, ch 2,this completes the last V-st. sl st to join.

Rnd 4: sl st into the ch 2 space, ch 3, 1 dc-ch 2-2 dc in same sp, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in next ch 2 sp, repeat * around. join. (this row begins your points).

Rnd 5: sl st into next st, ch 3, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in the ch 2 sp, 1 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 1 dc in next st. repeat from * around. join.

Rnd 6: sl st into next st, ch 3, 1 dc in next st, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in next ch 2 sp, 1 dc in each of next 2 dc, skip next 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next 2 dc, repeat * , skip last 2 sts, join.

Rnd 7: sl st into next st, ch 3, 1 dc in next 2 sts, * 1 dc-ch 2-1 dc (this is a small shell made of a V-st) in next ch 2 space, 1 dc in next 3 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in next 3 sts, repeat * around, skip last 2 sts. join.

Rnd 8: sl st into next st, ch 3, 1 dc in next 2 sts, * 2dc-ch 2-2 dc (this is the large shell or a double V-st) in ch 2 sp, 1 dc in next 3 sts, skip next 2 sts, 1 dc in the next 3 sts, repeat * around, skip last 2 sts, join.

Rnd 9: sl st into next st., ch 3, 1 dc in next 3 sts, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc (the large shell) in ch 2 sp, 1 dc in next 4 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in next 4 sts, repeat * around, skip last 2 sts, join. work in rounds ,alternating 2 rounds of small shells, and 2 rounds of large shells. this helps the afghan to lay flat.

** work as many rounds as needed for desired size.

**NOTE** one 6oz skein 4ply = 23 inches or 18 rows

two 6oz skeins 4ply =38 inches or 26 rows

three 6 oz skeins 4 ply= 40 inches or 32 rows

~V-st = 1 dc-ch1-1 dc or 1 dc-ch2-1 dc .

~double V-st = 2 dc-ch1-2 dc or 2 dc-ch2-2 dc .

Blanket Finishing: {courtesy of Beth Parsons}

1 hdc in each stitch around, putting 4 hdc into the ch 2 spaces for neatly rounded points.

~Lyn's Designs~http://www.angelcrafts.net

(\0/) 1984/3rd edition (rewritten 11/05 for simplicity)

It looks like mine: 2 large shells followed by a small shell....so row 10 s/be a small shell (1 dc, ch2, 1 dc).

Judy,

Thanks, I got that part the small shell is (1dc ch2 1dc) and the large shell is (2dc 2ch 2dc) that's the part in the 2 space, but what about the next step does it continue to be 1dc in the next 4 dc's?

kls

Edited by kls

Judy,

Thanks, I got that part the small shell is (1dc ch2 1dc) and the large shell is (2dc 2ch 2dc) that's the part in the 2 space, but what about the next step the does it continue to be 1dc in the next 4 dc's?

kls

you'll always have a dc in each previous dc, however many there are as your blanket gets bigger...and you will always skip the 2 dc stitches in the "valley" of the ghan. Until you get used to it always make sure you have the same amount of dc on each side of the point.

I think that's what you're asking?:think

I think it is about time that i had a go at making one of these round ripples .

After seeing all of the great ones on crochetvilla i am going to see if i can master it .

last night i printed out the Babies round ripple free pattern from Angelfire .com.

I am not sure what i was doing wrong but it was not flat at all, i must have started from the beginning about 5 times and it always went wrong .

but i was not going to let it get the better of me ,and i think this time it seems to be ok.

i am not sure if i am doing it the same as the pattern but it looks ok to me now.

I am using some yarn that was on special offer from hobbycraft , it was only 77p a 100g ball.

it is called pallette collection ,and it is multi coloured in the same ball . pastel blue ,pink, white and yellow.

i think i will try a pastel plain blue as well , to break it up abit .

so hopefully if it carries on looking ok i will finish it .