Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Wow Carol...that is really beautiful..you have the finest talent to making those ripples.You come up with some beautiful color combinations...great work...I would love to see it finished.:crocheting:hook

:ghug:flowerGood Evening Everyone:clap

Thank you so much for your warm welcome back!!! I sure have missed all of you too:manyheart

Here is an update on how far I am on the purple RR !:yarn:yay

click on pictures to enlarge!!

th_afghans003PurplesRRWIPCats.jpg

th_afghans002PurplesRRWIP.jpg

I crocheted on it a little today, and I'll work on it tomorrow!!

Have a fantastic week!!!

:ghug:flowerGood Evening Everyone:clap

Thank you so much for your warm welcome back!!! I sure have missed all of you too:manyheart

Here is an update on how far I am on the purple RR !:yarn:yay

click on pictures to enlarge!!

th_afghans003PurplesRRWIPCats.jpg

th_afghans002PurplesRRWIP.jpg

I crocheted on it a little today, and I'll work on it tomorrow!!

Have a fantastic week!!!

That's so pretty! How big will you be making it?

I recently completed 2 that are going to be sent to Sissie44 for VJGC. I used Caron Pound in Espresso, Lace and Cream and an L hook. Both are approximately 50" point to point. Image is clickable.

th_RRsforSissie.jpg

That's so pretty! How big will you be making it?

Hi judianne!!

The size that this RR will be is bigger then the width of a double bed.. On my blogger blog, I have a Chocolate Mint Round Ripple posted, if you have the time to take a look at that one, it will be a little bit bigger then that one!!! I also have a picture of a shaded blue RR, that I'll post, on my blog, both the chocolate mint and the shaded blue RR went to 2 of our grandsons, and they said that they love them, especially to take out in the livingroom, and to layon to watch cartoons!!!:cheer

Have a wonderfyl week!!

Hi judianne!!

The size that this RR will be is bigger then the width of a double bed.. On my blogger blog, I have a Chocolate Mint Round Ripple posted, if you have the time to take a look at that one, it will be a little bit bigger then that one!!! I also have a picture of a shaded blue RR, that I'll post, on my blog, both the chocolate mint and the shaded blue RR went to 2 of our grandsons, and they said that they love them, especially to take out in the livingroom, and to layon to watch cartoons!!!:cheer

Have a wonderfyl week!!

Very pretty work! And I have the choc and robins egg blue waiting for me, too.:hook

Hi everyone!

I'd like to join. I'm working on my very first RR. I'm doing a version of the MM Peaceful Pastels using Lyn's pattern.

I read at some point to change the pattern from alternating 2 rows large/2 rows small shells to only 1 row small shells. Anyone know why this is?

BTW, there are SOOOO many beautiful RR's throughout this thread. I can get lost just looking at all the pics! Great job everyone!

Hi everyone!

I'd like to join. I'm working on my very first RR. I'm doing a version of the MM Peaceful Pastels using Lyn's pattern.

I read at some point to change the pattern from alternating 2 rows large/2 rows small shells to only 1 row small shells. Anyone know why this is?

BTW, there are SOOOO many beautiful RR's throughout this thread. I can get lost just looking at all the pics! Great job everyone!

You alternate so the ghan lays flat:hook

Good luck!

Thanks Judy! But without TRYING to be an idiot, will it lie flat if I follow the original pattern (2 rows small, 2 rows large) or do I have to change it to 1 row small and two rows large?

The only dumb question is the one not asked, hon.

Try it....I eyeball lots of things. It may be fine. Sometimes you have to tweak stuff, despite what the pattern says.

One thing this forum has taught me is to trust my own abilities. Let us know if you run into trouble...all of us are here to help!:hook

I have finished my round ripple! :cheer

I will post a picture when I get it taken. These really are fun and fast to do. I have already started another one in green, yellow and white.

This is my very first post as I have recently joined. I am interested in the pattern for the RR, is it too late to get started? I think it would be beautiful for my little girl's room.

Thanks Judy,

I took a look at your "Project" the scarves for the homeless. I would love to help. I actually make scarves every year to sell at xmas and for gifts--think I have a few already made up, but not sure if the measurements will qualify. I'll have to check.

This is my very first post as I have recently joined. I am interested in the pattern for the RR, is it too late to get started? I think it would be beautiful for my little girl's room.

It's never to late to join us. Welcome to the CAL. You will meet a lot of very nice ladies here. Join in and get to know everyone. I can't wait to see you RR.

Ooooh, I'm so excited...this is also my first CAL :) And I am pretty sure I am keeping this one for my baby. First thing I have ever crocheted for me...well, technically not for me but close enough! LOL.

It all depends on how I feel about it when it's finished...as in this baby's gender is a surprise, and if it ends up too girlie, I may have to give it away if I have a boy!

Ooooh, I'm so excited...this is also my first CAL :) And I am pretty sure I am keeping this one for my baby. First thing I have ever crocheted for me...well, technically not for me but close enough! LOL.

It all depends on how I feel about it when it's finished...as in this baby's gender is a surprise, and if it ends up too girlie, I may have to give it away if I have a boy!

Why not make it in pink, blue and white...so it'll go? Or shades of pastel green, yellow and white?

When are you due?

Thanks Judy,

I took a look at your "Project" the scarves for the homeless. I would love to help. I actually make scarves every year to sell at xmas and for gifts--think I have a few already made up, but not sure if the measurements will qualify. I'll have to check.

That would be great - the more the merrier!:hook

I am due in July. I just love the way these colors look so I want to give it a try. I have plenty of time to do another one for myself if need be. Not to mention the fact that I have a friend whose first child is due 3 weeks after me, and another whose third child is due 1 week before me...I'm thinking that at least ONE of us is bound to have a girl :) Also, right now I'm kind of leaning toward the feeling that this little one is a girl anyway (now that I've made that public it will be a boy for sure!!! haha)

I'll post a pic of the velvetspun blanket I love to make that is neutral. Super thick and warm and huge...and it works up in no time - that can always be my backup :)

I am due in July. I just love the way these colors look so I want to give it a try. I have plenty of time to do another one for myself if need be. Not to mention the fact that I have a friend whose first child is due 3 weeks after me, and another whose third child is due 1 week before me...I'm thinking that at least ONE of us is bound to have a girl :) Also, right now I'm kind of leaning toward the feeling that this little one is a girl anyway (now that I've made that public it will be a boy for sure!!! haha)

I'll post a pic of the velvetspun blanket I love to make that is neutral. Super thick and warm and huge...and it works up in no time - that can always be my backup :)

you can always make 2 baby ghans for yourself - one girly the other boy;)

That velvetspun ghan sounds nice! A light colored neutral might not work with spitup, though:lol:lol