Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Oh nothing much, just running here and there. With the economy so bad, I am not selling many cars, so that end of my business is in limbo. It is okay as I also own a car repair shop, and that is keeping us afloat. I do miss my shepherd, alast, the insurance will not allow us to replace him, and I do not see getting another one that would be stuck at home all day by himself.

I am using Colleen's pattern for the round ripple and she listed european hook and yarn, so I am not sure if what I am using is the right sizes. What size hook and weight yarn do you use for an American pattern?? She lists 8 strand yarn and 4mm hook. I plan on doing one with baby weight and another with worsted weight. I am hoping someone can tell me the correct hook size, or if the hook I am using is okay. I am using a Jimbo hook size G with baby weight yarn, but it is ruffling around the edges.

Tracey

I usually use the size hook that the yarn package recommends. If it is still ruffling go up a size and that should help.:cheer

Okay, so this morning I frog the 8 rows I had done and start with a g 1/2 as I was using a g, ( what the yarn calls for ) still no good, actually worse than the G, so I go up to the H hook, even worse. So I started looking through the posts on the beginning of this thread, and I find another pattern by Stitch N Frog ( Gail ). She calls for row three to be a V stitch, instead of the shell stitch. I am still using the H hook, and it is laying flat and working up great. I am soo happy now. Of course I printed up her free pattern and I will use it as my guide for the blankets I will be making. Now that the pattern is working for me, I can see doing a few of these blankets in many different colors. This first one was to be a neon colored blanket, But I started playing with pastel colors, so I will do the neon next.... Hmm good for my stash busting score as well. :rofl

This does work up quickly, I finally got it figured out sometime yesterday morning and I am on row 22 already. I may be able to finish it up today or at least by tomorrow... Then it will be on to the neon. Now in my travels on the internet yesterday, I saw a ripple with points coming off of the main points. I think Wendy has one as her avatar. I am going to search for that ripple and do the neon in that pattern.

I printed up the spiderman ripple as well... It is so cool. I am all ready thinking of doing a couple of those but in different colors as well. My brain's thinking faster than my hands can crochet. LOL I am going to be introuble with this one I can feel it. But great for my stash busting score. :rofl

Rashidah,

I love it, I have been thinking to make the spiderman ripple in red and black, and another in Silver and black. Thanks for sharing... Need to post what I have gotten done on my baby RR...

I need to get started soon!!! I've 2 weeks, but I think I can do it!

I keep seeing different patterns and I'm getting more and more confused. Is there a certain pattern to use? If so, can you please direct me to it.

Peggy Pennie

http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

This is the one I use...others will likely chime in with their own choices...I think there are a few variations.;) ANd 2 weeks...very doable. Though it does depend on the size you want it to be!

Hi, I am back and just started a spiderman rr!!! I have no clue who is getting it. Maybe me, spidey has always been my favorite superhero! LOL I loved the ghan from first sight and just had to do one. I may need help with the webbing but we'll see when I get here. I'm in no hurry with this since its not going anywhere yet.

Also finishing up a rr for another co-worker though its kinda boring. Its the exact same colors that I used for my first one but she liked it so much she wanted the same! I hope to finish that one up this weekend.

Glad to see everyone is having so much fun with the RR,

Peggy pennie, it's never to late to join. I keep this CAl open all the time. There is never to many RR's ;-) I love them all and enjoy so much seeing all the great work you ladies all have done.

Thanks ladies for keeping the Cal going, GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Well, I am almost finished with the Baby round ripple. I am putting the loopy border on now. I will hopefully be finished sometime today if I get a chance to work on it at work today. It really works up fast, and love the way it came out. I will be making a second one starting tonight.... Need to find the pattern for it as it is a little different than the plain RR. I will post pictures later...

Ya-hoo I finished the first Baby RR, and have started on my second. Here is my first one completed......

http://s526.photobucket.com/albums/cc344/katsalas/?action=view&current=IMG_0295.jpg

I did a loopy border on this one, so here is the close up of the border....

http://s526.photobucket.com/albums/cc344/katsalas/?action=view&current=IMG_0296.jpg

Ya-hoo I finished the first Baby RR, and have started on my second. Here is my first one completed......

http://s526.photobucket.com/albums/cc344/katsalas/?action=view&current=IMG_0295.jpg

I did a loopy border on this one, so here is the close up of the border....

http://s526.photobucket.com/albums/cc344/katsalas/?action=view&current=IMG_0296.jpg

Beautiful!!:clap Is that the rev hdc border? It happens to be my fav edging and I use it everywhere!

It's the loopy border and a pain in the b*#@ to do. It took way too long to do, but I love the way it looks.

Not for me, then. By the time I finish a ghan I want it gone! A fast border is more my cuppa...though I might change my tune if it was for a family member...

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Day Everyone:clap

It's been quite a while since I've been in here, just about the time that I was doing pretty well, I fell in our bedroom, and hurt my back, that was the frst part of Feb., the really bad part of all of it, was I couldn't even crochet, because it was too much stress on my back:eek

I'm doing pretty good now,finally..LOL

I started a 3 shade purple round ripple, and in-between I'll crochet in a multi-colored yarn!!

I'm making this one for one of our daughter-in-laws, Lori is about 6 Ft. tall, so it has to be a big one!!!!

IMG_0011.jpg

Take Care and Have a lovely Evening:hook

Edited by natcat

It's been quite a while since I've been in here, just about the time that I was doing pretty well, I fell in our bedroom, and hurt my back, that was the frst part of Feb., the really bad part of all of it, was I couldn't even crochet, because it was too much stress on my back:eek

I started a 3 shade purple round ripple, and in-between I'll crochet in a multi-colored yarn!!

I'm making this one for one of our daughter-in-laws, Lori is about 6 Ft. tall, so it has to be a big one!!!!

IMG_0011.jpg

Those look great together!

IMG_0011.jpg

Very pretty. I like the wider rows of color. Me? I am still working on spiderman. I only have about 11 rows left but I dont work on it every day.

Carol,

Glad to hear you're feeling well enough to crochet!

Those colors are fantastic! Great Job. :clap:cheer:clap:cheer

Hi CrochetDad!!

It's good to hear from you!!:hook:clap

I'm happy to be back!!!

Hugs,Carol