Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

The only thing that's driving me batty about doing this RR is that, in the beginning, it seemed like it was zipping right along. Now, however, that the rounds are getting larger and LARGER, one row seems to take FOREVER!

I agree. Originally I thought this was a quickie afghan but now that I'm getting close to the end it is taking forever. I vow to finish this weekend if it kills me.

I think I will try one using two strands and a large hook and see how that turns out and if it goes faster.

I think I will try one using two strands and a large hook and see how that turns out and if it goes faster.

It does go faster;)

In fact, by changing off which colors you carry you can get a VanGogh effect (se CAL by that name for examples)

Here is my finished afghan. Not bad for my first try. I am giving it to a co-worker for her mom who just went into a nursing home.

th_022009_23351.jpg

Gorgeous!!!!:clap

I'm planning on doing a wild and crazy thing. I've decided I want my RR done in time for my birthday party March 7, so that I can put it out on our sofa (and put away the Christmas one that's on there now <LOL>). I have about 9 rows left to do, that of course get bigger each time, so we'll see...

I'm planning on doing a wild and crazy thing. I've decided I want my RR done in time for my birthday party March 7, so that I can put it out on our sofa (and put away the Christmas one that's on there now <LOL>). I have about 9 rows left to do, that of course get bigger each time, so we'll see...

Hi Pam, Is your Birthday on March the 7th? If so mine is too :-) I have never found another person born on the same day as me!!! Yippie. I hope you get your RR done in time and Happy Birthday!!!!

Hi Pam, Is your Birthday on March the 7th? If so mine is too :-) I have never found another person born on the same day as me!!! Yippie. I hope you get your RR done in time and Happy Birthday!!!!

A fellow Pisces...No, actually, my birthday is March 5, but we're having the party on Saturday. So far, we have a ton of people coming, which is going to be entertaining, seeing as we just have a little ranch :lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally finished this 62 inch RR - it's going to Fisher House (along with a couple of lapghan sized ghans). Fisher house (Think "Ronald McDonald House") is affiliated with Madigan General Hospital at Ft. Lewis in the State of Washington. My DH was an Army medic there in '66-67...

...I had to put my Stewie in there to try it out...LOL!

th_HPIM0773.jpg(clicky)

Oh Judy, that is beautiful. I can't wait to start my round ripple. I finally got the yarn in last night and boy are they neon... It should really stand out. I was thinking to start it when I get home tonight, and then work on my baby patchwork blanket here at work. I know hubby will be going insane with me having too many projects going on at one time.

Oh Judy, that is beautiful. I can't wait to start my round ripple. I finally got the yarn in last night and boy are they neon... It should really stand out. I was thinking to start it when I get home tonight, and then work on my baby patchwork blanket here at work. I know hubby will be going insane with me having too many projects going on at one time.

My hubby doesn't understand having multiple WIPs, either. I get bored easily:P

I have brites waiting here, too...when I'll get to them I have no idea!:lol

I finally finished this 62 inch RR - it's going to Fisher House (along with a couple of lapghan sized ghans). Fisher house (Think "Ronald McDonald House") is affiliated with Madigan General Hospital at Ft. Lewis in the State of Washington. My DH was an Army medic there in '66-67...

...I had to put my Stewie in there to try it out...LOL!

th_HPIM0773.jpg(clicky)

Judy, I just love this! Just enough of the variegated so it doesn't overwhelm the other colors.

Yes Judy, A couple of years ago we did the Blue Star Afghan together. You are in south/central jersey, were I am north jersey. How is your German Shepherd doing?

I frogged the blue star:P

We have our 10 1/2 yo Susie and Sparkie, who is 3 yo. The old lady is trying to recover from a severe skin ulcer...won't go into details but her immune system (or lack thereof) isn't helping... It's going to take a long time. Other than that they both enjoyed the recent snow! Sparkie keeps Susie young:manyheart

What's new with you??

Oh nothing much, just running here and there. With the economy so bad, I am not selling many cars, so that end of my business is in limbo. It is okay as I also own a car repair shop, and that is keeping us afloat. I do miss my shepherd, alast, the insurance will not allow us to replace him, and I do not see getting another one that would be stuck at home all day by himself.

I am using Colleen's pattern for the round ripple and she listed european hook and yarn, so I am not sure if what I am using is the right sizes. What size hook and weight yarn do you use for an American pattern?? She lists 8 strand yarn and 4mm hook. I plan on doing one with baby weight and another with worsted weight. I am hoping someone can tell me the correct hook size, or if the hook I am using is okay. I am using a Jimbo hook size G with baby weight yarn, but it is ruffling around the edges.

Tracey