Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I've used the following:

I haven't used the reverse hdc yet, but it's on my list - thanks judianne!

I used the rev hdc on my last ripple and I just loved it.

Here are two round ripples I did in December and January.

Hope you enjoy ! !

Debbie, I enjoyed your RRs. I love that crabapple stripe and have several in my stash.

I love all the pictures. I gave my grandson his spidey man one for christmas and he loved it but not as much as his dump truck! I made a different RR in pink and white baby yarn and gave it as a gift. Didn't get a picture of that one. I would like to make another one but I just got three patterns for graph ghans and I think those will keep me busy for awhile. Although my son said he wanted a spidey ghan after seeing my grandsons! He has two girls, so they won't be getting spideyghans, although I made the oldest girl a RR already.

This is going to sound off topic but please hang in and read completely.

I am a member of a Freecycle group and one of the other members came on line looking for coffee cans. Having a number of them I gladly donated them, but being nosy, I had to ask what they were needed for. They were needed for a benefit for a young (23 yo) woman who is trying to recover from breast cancer. I knew I wouldn't be able to attend the benefit. (I also don't usually attend something like that unless I know the person.) Well, for some reason or another I decided to offer to donate something and asked if they had a number of afghans or things similar. When I found out they had nothing (at the time), that I offered to make an afghan. I chose a RR and was planning on doing it in a solid ecru (had that in my stash). The coordinator then asked me to do it in pink and white, which of course I did. I started on Sat evening and completely finished it on Thursday of the following week. It measured 78 inches from point to point. I just found out from the coordinator that the final bid on the afghan was $250! That was more than the handmade pink and white quilt, so I was thrilled.

I see this CAL is still going, think I will try to make a Round Ripple, going to make it in Dark Leaf, Leaf and Off White in RH soft yarn. Hope I make to the end, will keep in touch here. Love all your beautiful Round Ripples

Alright you guys I'm in! I saw these round ripples and they are beautiful but I never thought I could do it. Just for the heck of it I stole yarn from another project to try and am about 20 or so rows in and cant stop! It's really not hard to do which surprised me.

I am only using two colors cause thats all I had to steal its white and country rose. Ill get some pics of the WIP tomorrow.

Two questions:

How long does it usually take you guys to finish one, not baby size, afghan size?

When I finish this one and start another will someone please help me with the colors? I am color blind and have no clue what goes together. LOL Sad but true thats why when I shop for clothes I buy black or what the dummy is wearing!

Thanks!

Kendall, I never kept close track of the time it took, but I'd say if you're a SAHM you can get it done in a couple of weeks or so, depending on how fast you crochet.

This was the first one I made for a friend's baby boy.

th_crochet179.jpg

That's very pretty! I've never made the star ghan version of the RR...I really should look at the directions and see how it differs from the Sew On Fire pattern I always use...

Here are two round ripples I did in December and January.

th_HPIM0992.jpg

This one is done in Bernat yarn, a buttercream, sage and buff. This yarn was left over from another round ripple in this color.

th_HPIM0993.jpg

This is my personal favorite -- and made for me!! It is done in I LOVE THIS YARN, cranapple variegated and forest green. It's very Christmas-y looking.

th_HPIM0995.jpg

A close up.

Hope you enjoy ! !

These are gorgeous! I'm using the cranapple in something else I am making and am absolutely in love with that yarn!

This one is a little different than the other one. Someone asked for this one and paid me for it after seeing the other baseball one I made.

th_100_0799.jpg

Love the colors...Did you make up the pattern for the baseballs? I can't remember:think

Yeah, I tried to find one, but couldn't so made my own. Althought the seams are a little muddles since I don't do embroidery too well. :lol

I have a ton of trouble with embroidering over yarn:P

Thats really pretty Norma. I am up to having 17 dc between my peaks and valleys. How many dc did you end up with at the finish? I'm trying to get a handle on how big they are. Guess it doesnt matter but I'm curious as to where others end.

Thanks and great work.

Grey dragon, that is sweet of you I am glad it went over so well. I love RR I can do them in the dark almost. Well I worked on my grandsons in the dark car once or twice waiting for my daughter to get done at work. They tend to get wearisome once they get big though. You did your's fast. I am a working mom, so it takes me much longer than a few weeks to do one. I would say a month if it's not the only thing you are doing. Kendell It looks great so far. I am still holding out on the idea of making another one.

The only thing that's driving me batty about doing this RR is that, in the beginning, it seemed like it was zipping right along. Now, however, that the rounds are getting larger and LARGER, one row seems to take FOREVER!