Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Oh no, I'm still crocheting :hook:crocheting The heat doesn't stop me. That's what AC is for :lol

No, I've got other projects in the works right now. I'm still doing squares for Sissie44, I'm still doing hotpads for Christmas gifts, I started a Prairie Star for a friend, I started a pink ribbon graphghan. So no, I'm holding off on any RR's for the time being. My loveseat is getting burried under yarn and hooks :lol

Wow sounds like you got you work cut out for your self lol, You go girl. I need to get to work on some Xmas gifts too. There is nothing better than something homemade and dimonds LOLOLOL

Hi Mel,

I have about 8 more rounds on my RR it's starting to take a long time to get around it now. I will be sure and post pics of it. It's pretty plain just two colors but it will be nice for a boy. :)

Wow Mel your desinging? I wish I could do that but i'm not to good at that I can't believe i can read patterens sometimes lol I'm happy for you. You will have to be sure and sho me some of your work.

I'm following your directions Mel i'm being very careful not to mess up what the surgeon fixed lol Today was the first day I tried to drive to town. It was ok but i think i will wait a few more days before I try it agin lol The brace they have on my neck don't make it to safe for me to drive. So I will wait awhile longer.

WEll I better run for now . It's good to chat with you agin . Hugzzzzzz

Hi Judy :flower

I hate doing the last rows of a RR...they take so long to do, but it is worth it when it is done.

Please be careful driving with you neck brace. I was in a soft one a few months back and it was a challenge to drive to work and back.

I can't believe I am designing either. If it wasn't for all the talented people here at the 'Ville, I don't think I would have had the courage to try it.

You can see the posts here and here. I also finished a scrap straight ripple. You can see it here.

Stay in touch, keep me posted on how you are doing, and if you need anything (even just to chat) drop me a line.

:hug:hug

Hi Judy :flower

I hate doing the last rows of a RR...they take so long to do, but it is worth it when it is done.

Please be careful driving with you neck brace. I was in a soft one a few months back and it was a challenge to drive to work and back.

I can't believe I am designing either. If it wasn't for all the talented people here at the 'Ville, I don't think I would have had the courage to try it.

You can see the posts here and here. I also finished a scrap straight ripple. You can see it here.

Stay in touch, keep me posted on how you are doing, and if you need anything (even just to chat) drop me a line.

:hug:hug

Mel Your the greatest, thankyou for your concern, I will be very careful while driving I don't need to break my neck lol Your a good friend Mel Thanks so much for your notes to me I look forward to them.

I've finished one (need to get pics :photo) and almost finished with another one using an S (that's 19 mm!) hook. It's the first time I've used this hook, and, although things go quickly, it's a chore working with such a large hook. I'm using 4 strands of yarn to enable a blended look as it progresses out. I should be finished with that one in a couple of days. I'll get pictures posted then, if not sooner of the first one.

I've finished one (need to get pics :photo) and almost finished with another one using an S (that's 19 mm!) hook. It's the first time I've used this hook, and, although things go quickly, it's a chore working with such a large hook. I'm using 4 strands of yarn to enable a blended look as it progresses out. I should be finished with that one in a couple of days. I'll get pictures posted then, if not sooner of the first one.

WOW!! An S hook?? I don't think I could use a hook that large. I used a Q om a multi strand ghan and that was like crocheting with a baseball bat with a hook on it. I don't think my hand could stand an S.

Can't wait to see you latest creations. You do such great work.

Does it make your hand crampy? Mine does, I prefer my P hook because of it.

Wow sounds like you got you work cut out for your self lol, You go girl. I need to get to work on some Xmas gifts too. There is nothing better than something homemade and dimonds LOLOLOL

Most of what I'm doing for Christmas stuffs right now is hot pads. I like that they go very quickly. And these are for the people that I want to give a little something too. Plus, Mom asked me last year after seeing the lightbulb ones if I could make her some for her employees.

Does it make your hand crampy? Mine does, I prefer my P hook because of it.

No, not crampy, but I'm a little clumsy with it, especially with the 4 strands of yarn. I actually prefer the larger handles, that's why I got a set of Susan Bates aluminum hooks with bamboo handles, that helped my early morning crocheting a lot!

Edited by CrochetDad

I finally got some pictures of the completed RR. Done in Redwood Heather, Moss Green, and Soft White. The red and green are Bernat Worsted and the white is Red Heart Worsted. Size is approximately 68 inches across.

Images are clickable

th_2008-05-10-015_.jpg th_2008-05-10-016_.jpg th_2008-05-10-017_.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by CrochetDad

I finally got some pictures of the completed RR. Done in Redwood Heather, Moss Green, and Soft White. The red and green are Bernat Worsted and the white is Red Heart Worsted. Size is approximately 68 inches across.

Images are clickable

th_2008-05-10-015_.jpg th_2008-05-10-016_.jpg th_2008-05-10-017_.jpg

Thanks for looking!

So pretty! And brings to mind the cooler weather of Christmas!

That's gorgeous Gene!!

If it's okay I'm going to join this CAL. I just started a RR last night from the new crochet basics booklet. I wanted to do one where you add points but I'm a :ducky (<--- pretend it's a chicken :lol )

I hope to finish quickly since as you can see from my siggy I have way too many WIP's that need finishing up but the RR is next up on my list in the row a day till Christmas CAL so I'm doing it next.

Well better get to work :crocheting

I've been putting off doing one that adds points, too. I really like the look of those, I just haven't gotten up the nerve to try. There's a CAL for that, too, if you hadn't found it...

That's gorgeous Gene!!

If it's okay I'm going to join this CAL. I just started a RR last night from the new crochet basics booklet. I wanted to do one where you add points but I'm a :ducky (<--- pretend it's a chicken :lol )

I hope to finish quickly since as you can see from my siggy I have way too many WIP's that need finishing up but the RR is next up on my list in the row a day till Christmas CAL so I'm doing it next.

Well better get to work :crocheting

Wow haven't posted in a while but I have been lurking, everyone's RRs are so gorgeous. I decided to make one for my lil sister as a present for her baby shower. I used Caron SS and did the Van Gogh method, umm it ended up a little big you can see my three year old in the one picture, he loved it, guess I have to make him one next.

th_blanket2.jpg

th_blanket1.jpg

here it is in the nursery, my sis and BIL decided to use it as a rug, works for me

th_Nursery-and-Dog-050208-018.jpg

What size point to point is a good size for a lap blanket? I am making one for my sis to match her new living room colors and intend it to drape on the back of a couch or be pulled onto lap. Just need opinions and thought this CAL would be a good place to ask.

TIA

Tristi

This one's for my daughter and her husband, they love red and black!

Details:

S (19 mm) hook

Red Heart Claret and Black (4 strands throughout)

70 inches across

Edge is modified sedge stitch - sc, dc in same st, sk 1 st, repeat. Points are sc, ch 3, sc.

Basic pattern is from Aggie May

It only took a few days of "spare" time, but I felt clumsy with the huge hook (my first S hook project) and 4 strands of yarn.

Images are linked to the Photobucket images.

th_2008-05-12-003_.jpg th_2008-05-12-004.jpg th_2008-05-12-005.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by CrochetDad
spelling

What size point to point is a good size for a lap blanket? I am making one for my sis to match her new living room colors and intend it to drape on the back of a couch or be pulled onto lap. Just need opinions and thought this CAL would be a good place to ask.

TIA

Tristi

I use my lap/bed for measurements. But probably around 40", I had a baby one roughly that big and it seemed like it'd be good for a lap.

This one's for my daughter and her husband, they love red and black!

Details:

S (19 mm) hook

Red Heart Claret and Black (4 strands throughout)

70 inches across

Edge is modified sedge stitch - sc, dc in same st, sk 1 st, repeat. Points are sc, ch 3, sc.

Basic pattern is from Aggie May

It only took a few days of "spare" time, but I felt clumsy with the huge hook (my first S hook project) and 4 strands of yarn.

Images are linked to the Photobucket images.

th_2008-05-12-003_.jpg th_2008-05-12-004.jpg th_2008-05-12-005.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Awesome!!:clap

Everyones work looks great. Judy I hope you are being careful and healing well. Gene, I don't know how you would use such a big hook, didn't know they made them that big until today when looking at a crochet book. I am going to make something finally with my Q hook soon, but not a round ripple. It is going to be a shawl or a shrug or a combination of the two. My RR is coming along well, I have pictures, just have to get them uploaded, photobucket is being strange on me. It's a spiderman afghan, and it is moving along quickly. On the last two repeats of blue. Question, anyone else who did this afghan, did you change the row count for the last two repeats? because it seems off to me, to do it the way it is written.

Hello everyone! I've been reading through the posts on this CAL for the past few days and I finally got the urge to attempt a RR myself. Everyone using such lovely colors!

I'm using "I Love This Yarn" in Sea Blue and Retro Modern Ombre. I had a hard time deciding when to do color changes. So far, I've done 5 rows of Sea Blue, 5 rows of Retro Modern and 9 rows of Sea Blue again. I know as it gets bigger, it will take more yarn to do a round, so how do most people suggest the color changes to be done? Also, I only bought 2 skeins of each color and am almost out of one of the sea blue. It's supposed to be a gift for a baby shower at the end of the month. I thought it would be a good blanket to both wrap the baby in and use as a floor blanket for the baby to play on. Do you think 4 skeins was enough or should I buy more?

I'm having so much fun making my first RR, I'm gonna have to do lots more as Christmas gifts when I finish this one!:hook

ManfaMae, these do use a lot of yarn...I overbuy, so I'm sorry I can be of more help. You'll have already seen how much yarn is eaten up as you get further into the pattern.

The only good thing is that when you have to buy more, with the bands of different colors if there's any problem with dye lots it doesn;t mess up the blanket at all. Baby RRs are normally about 40 inches (or a little less) in diameter.

i`m working on my DD ripple she is a baby i`ll make it just 40" it`s more than enough :)

and i`ll make one for me i alwys wanted RR for my self :clap

i`ll work on my DD`s first then i`ll do mine