SouthernJudy

Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Hi Mel,

I came thru the surgery pretty good. I'm pretty pain free so i'm happy :)

I will update you more later. I just got home from the hospital today. You were right about the myleogram i did what you said and they pain was bad while they did it but i stayed flat for 24 hours and not any problems :) thankyou Mel. Hugzzzzzz

Hi Judy :hi

I'm so glad to hear everything went well. I have been wondering how you were doing. It's good to hear you are pretty pain free. I'm so glad to hear that even though the myleogram was painful, you had no problems.

I had my 2nd epidural yesterday. My back and leg pain started getting worse again, so we will see what this one does for me. So far my leg is pretty numb (worse than the last one) and all of the numbness last time didn't wear off like he said it would. We will see if it does this time. And this time I am still having back and leg pain. But it takes 24-72 hours for the steroids to take effect, so I am again in the 'wait and see' mode'. That seems to be the theme of my life right now.

Update me when you can and take care of yourself. Please follow the doctor's instructions and don't overdo it.

:hug:hug

Mel and Judy, I hope both your procedures went well, and you got the results you are looking for.

I have been busy working on the spiderghan. It is a little different from the pictured one, if you look at the pattern and the picture, they don't look the same, like there seemed to be a missing black row in there. Am I looking at it wrong? Or at the wrong picture?

One of these days I will learn to take more pics of my projects! I finished this RR awhile back but I am about to send it off to the little man I made it for. Warning: Objects in picture maybe appear larger than in real life!:lol It's toddler size, blue and darker blue.

RR4George1.jpg

Hi Judy :hi

I'm so glad to hear everything went well. I have been wondering how you were doing. It's good to hear you are pretty pain free. I'm so glad to hear that even though the myleogram was painful, you had no problems.

I had my 2nd epidural yesterday. My back and leg pain started getting worse again, so we will see what this one does for me. So far my leg is pretty numb (worse than the last one) and all of the numbness last time didn't wear off like he said it would. We will see if it does this time. And this time I am still having back and leg pain. But it takes 24-72 hours for the steroids to take effect, so I am again in the 'wait and see' mode'. That seems to be the theme of my life right now.

Update me when you can and take care of yourself. Please follow the doctor's instructions and don't overdo it.

:hug:hug

Hey Mel!!

Good to see you agin. I'm sorry to here your still having pain. I sure know how thats no fun.

I'm doing pretty good so far, I have my ups and downs tho. Like right now i can't sleep and it's 3:48 in the morning. I can't get comfortable in bed my neck is so sensetive to lay on. I'm sure as the days go by it will be better.

I sure hope your get along better with your back and leg pain too.

Tomorrow i'm going to send hub to town and get me some new yarn, maybe if i keep my hands busy i will be sleepy at nite lol I think i get to many naps during the day is my problem. Thankyou Mel for being here for me it means so much to me. Hugzzzzzzzzz

One of these days I will learn to take more pics of my projects! I finished this RR awhile back but I am about to send it off to the little man I made it for. Warning: Objects in picture maybe appear larger than in real life!:lol It's toddler size, blue and darker blue.

RR4George1.jpg

Kelly, that little guy is going to be very happy with his new blankie :) I like the colors they are just right. :)

Mel and Judy, I hope both your procedures went well, and you got the results you are looking for.

I have been busy working on the spiderghan. It is a little different from the pictured one, if you look at the pattern and the picture, they don't look the same, like there seemed to be a missing black row in there. Am I looking at it wrong? Or at the wrong picture?

Thankyou for your kind words Snapdragon :-) All you ladies mean so much to me.

Hey Mel!!

Good to see you agin. I'm sorry to here your still having pain. I sure know how thats no fun.

I'm doing pretty good so far, I have my ups and downs tho. Like right now i can't sleep and it's 3:48 in the morning. I can't get comfortable in bed my neck is so sensetive to lay on. I'm sure as the days go by it will be better.

I sure hope your get along better with your back and leg pain too.

Tomorrow i'm going to send hub to town and get me some new yarn, maybe if i keep my hands busy i will be sleepy at nite lol I think i get to many naps during the day is my problem. Thankyou Mel for being here for me it means so much to me. Hugzzzzzzzzz

Hi Judy!

I'm glad to hear that you are doing pretty good. Hopefully the sensitivity in you neck will ease soon so you can get more comfortable and can sleep better.

I know what you mean about not being able to sleep at night. I'm either up half the night or I sleep for a few hours then I'm wide awake again. I am trying not to nap during the day, but since I am still on partial bed rest, it is tough not to nap. Even the pain pills don't help me sleep at night.

We are getting ready to move and the packing is slow going. I pack a little then rest, pack a little more, rest some more, and on and on. At least this time the move isn't too far away (moving 2 buildings down) and we have only been here a year (when we moved last year I had been in the same place for 20 years.....talk about de-cluttering). Hilly and I are doing some creative packing this time. I have even used yarn as packing material :lol

Take it easy and don't overdo it. Can't wait to see what you make with the yarn your Hubby is getting you. Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing. :hug:hug

My newest, I ran out of yarn for the edge, but it won't take much to finish. This is a gradution gift for my cousin. It is spread across a queen size bed.

IMG_0800.jpg

I posted my round ripple design on my blog if anyone is interested in giving me some feedback. link is in my sig

I have a baby RR I haven't finished yet...maybe the size F hook and thin yarn have something to do with it...LOL!

Anyway, at one point I thought I;d try putting extra points on it...uh-uh, it isn't going to happen...so here I am, in a "regular" RR CAL.

It's a 12 point from Sew on Fire and in lavender and variegated pink/purple, etc.

I have a bunch of rounds done so far - but it still looks to be about the size of a doily!:lol

These are fun to make, though...

My newest, I ran out of yarn for the edge, but it won't take much to finish. This is a gradution gift for my cousin. It is spread across a queen size bed.

IMG_0800.jpg

I love it!! It's so pretty. I too am making a RR in black and gold as a graduation gift. They make great gifts. :-) You did a great job. I want to try and put an edging on one like you have but not to sure about how to do it so it comes out even. Agin GREAT JOB!!

I love it!! It's so pretty. I too am making a RR in black and gold as a graduation gift. They make great gifts. :-) You did a great job. I want to try and put an edging on one like you have but not to sure about how to do it so it comes out even. Agin GREAT JOB!!

This was probably the first one I didn't have to pull out and try again. I was very happy. From the dip I skipped one stitch, one you normally slip stitch in, and the next st, 7dc in the next stitch, sk st, sc in next st, sk st, 7 doubles. I do this edge on most my blankets, it just kind of works, and I change the number of sk st between the dc and the sc and it is usually pretty easy to vary it to work for your own blanket.

This was probably the first one I didn't have to pull out and try again. I was very happy. From the dip I skipped one stitch, one you normally slip stitch in, and the next st, 7dc in the next stitch, sk st, sc in next st, sk st, 7 doubles. I do this edge on most my blankets, it just kind of works, and I change the number of sk st between the dc and the sc and it is usually pretty easy to vary it to work for your own blanket.

Thankyou, i'm going to give it a try. It gives a very nice finished look.

Hi Ladies,

I'm hoping that there maybe someone that can help me. I'm looking for a program that you can make your own Symbol Crochet Graphs. I see them in here but was wondering how they make them or if there is a program I can purchase. Any information would be so helpful. Thankyou.:hook

Hi Ladies,

I'm hoping that there maybe someone that can help me. I'm looking for a program that you can make your own Symbol Crochet Graphs. I see them in here but was wondering how they make them or if there is a program I can purchase. Any information would be so helpful. Thankyou.:hook

Although this is a bit off-topic, I Googled "Symbol Crochet Graph software" and got a few possibilities. I hesitate to provide the links here for fear of giving free advertising.

Although this is a bit off-topic, I Googled "Symbol Crochet Graph software" and got a few possibilities. I hesitate to provide the links here for fear of giving free advertising.

oops, ok, thankyou

IMG_0800.jpg

Your edge is great! It really adds flair, I will have to try this on my next one.

Hi Ladies,

Well I can tell everyones hooks are busy or your out planting flowers :flower:flower And I sure don't blame you a bit. I have been cooped up in the house since surgery four two weeks and i'm going crazy lol. I have been crocheting a lot tho. I almost have my grandsons RR done for a graduation gift in his school colors Black and Gold. I hope to here from you all soon.

Mel I hope your doing well, I miss your notes. :hug

See you all soon.

Judy

Hi Ladies,

Well I can tell everyones hooks are busy or your out planting flowers :flower:flower And I sure don't blame you a bit. I have been cooped up in the house since surgery four two weeks and i'm going crazy lol. I have been crocheting a lot tho. I almost have my grandsons RR done for a graduation gift in his school colors Black and Gold. I hope to here from you all soon.

Mel I hope your doing well, I miss your notes. :hug

See you all soon.

Judy

HI JUDY :hi

How is your recovery going? It's nice to hear you are getting lots of crocheting done. I know when you are working that cuts into your crochet time.

Trust me, I know what you mean about going crazy being cooped up. It's been 2+ months now for me. At least I can get out and about when I am feeling up to it. Hilly and I went shopping yesterday and I fed my yarn addiction. I have been crocheting a lot too. I finally got my scrap variegated ripple done. Plus i tried my hand at designing and writing patterns. I have a dishcloth pattern posted and am getting ready to post a dishtowel pattern. On my hook right now is a tote/catchall I'm designing for my mom. I thought it would be useful for her....she can put it on the side of her walker and when she is lounging on the couch, she can put the remote and her phone in it...no more fumbling around for them. I just hope it turns out the way I envision it.

I can't wait to see your grandson's RR. Make sure to post pictures when it is done.

Take care Judy :hug and don't overdo it :2nono

Mel

How did you know where I was - LOL. On my hand and kness digging out the weeds between the pavers and trimming up trees. So good to be able to get out into the garden. I hate wearing gardening gloves so the disvantage is having to scrub my hands real good when I come in to do my crocheting.

I have had an enforced rest for the past 6 months but was unable to get any craft done (severe lack of motivation) Its only the past couple of weeks I have got back into crocheting properly.

I love the edging on your blanket, I might do it on my first one (6-24 RR CAL) - but that means having to go check out the yarn shop. But can I be trusted not to overspend LOL.

Jan

Oops, forgot to put the quote in, but its the same one has the above post.

Nope, been working on other projects. Still crocheting, but no RR's in the plans for the very near future :(

HI JUDY :hi

How is your recovery going? It's nice to hear you are getting lots of crocheting done. I know when you are working that cuts into your crochet time.

Trust me, I know what you mean about going crazy being cooped up. It's been 2+ months now for me. At least I can get out and about when I am feeling up to it. Hilly and I went shopping yesterday and I fed my yarn addiction. I have been crocheting a lot too. I finally got my scrap variegated ripple done. Plus i tried my hand at designing and writing patterns. I have a dishcloth pattern posted and am getting ready to post a dishtowel pattern. On my hook right now is a tote/catchall I'm designing for my mom. I thought it would be useful for her....she can put it on the side of her walker and when she is lounging on the couch, she can put the remote and her phone in it...no more fumbling around for them. I just hope it turns out the way I envision it.

I can't wait to see your grandson's RR. Make sure to post pictures when it is done.

Take care Judy :hug and don't overdo it :2nono

Mel

Hi Mel,

I have about 8 more rounds on my RR it's starting to take a long time to get around it now. I will be sure and post pics of it. It's pretty plain just two colors but it will be nice for a boy. :)

Wow Mel your desinging? I wish I could do that but i'm not to good at that I can't believe i can read patterens sometimes lol I'm happy for you. You will have to be sure and sho me some of your work.

I'm following your directions Mel i'm being very careful not to mess up what the surgeon fixed lol Today was the first day I tried to drive to town. It was ok but i think i will wait a few more days before I try it agin lol The brace they have on my neck don't make it to safe for me to drive. So I will wait awhile longer.

WEll I better run for now . It's good to chat with you agin . Hugzzzzzz

How did you know where I was - LOL. On my hand and kness digging out the weeds between the pavers and trimming up trees. So good to be able to get out into the garden. I hate wearing gardening gloves so the disvantage is having to scrub my hands real good when I come in to do my crocheting.

I have had an enforced rest for the past 6 months but was unable to get any craft done (severe lack of motivation) Its only the past couple of weeks I have got back into crocheting properly.

I love the edging on your blanket, I might do it on my first one (6-24 RR CAL) - but that means having to go check out the yarn shop. But can I be trusted not to overspend LOL.

Jan

Oops, forgot to put the quote in, but its the same one has the above post.

Just a feeling I had JanJan hehehehe I wish I could be out planting flowers but not for awhile for me. I love spring and summer here in Arkansas everything is blooming and so pretty. I hope everything grows well for you.

Nope, been working on other projects. Still crocheting, but no RR's in the plans for the very near future :(

I'm glad your still crocheting, And I see why your not crocheting as much now. I see your from FL, you lucky girl I can't blame you at all :)

I'm glad your still crocheting, And I see why your not crocheting as much now. I see your from FL, you lucky girl I can't blame you at all :)

Oh no, I'm still crocheting :hook:crocheting The heat doesn't stop me. That's what AC is for :lol

No, I've got other projects in the works right now. I'm still doing squares for Sissie44, I'm still doing hotpads for Christmas gifts, I started a Prairie Star for a friend, I started a pink ribbon graphghan. So no, I'm holding off on any RR's for the time being. My loveseat is getting burried under yarn and hooks :lol