Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Very nice colors for the newlyweds. They wouldn't be colors I would think put together, but they are very striking together like that. Everyones is very nice. I need to finish mine by next Sunday for a late easter get together. And get pictures! Then I need to start a new one for my grandson, a spideyghan. The one I am doing was a Christmas present for my granddaughter. Oops! Now it's an easter present!

Thank you! I had seen the light green awhile ago and had been fixated on it.

Love your rr you did a great job really like the blue, white and yellow one. What a wonderful thing that you did for the children's hospital. I sure you will bring lots of joy to many children in need. God Bless you and your family.

I did these 3 RR's to give to Children's Mercy Hospital. They're all made with Pound of Love. The yellow one was the first one I ever did, the next one is yellow,green and white, the third one is blue and white following a colorway that someone else posted on this site. It's a great pattern!

MVC-002S-1.jpg[/img]

MVC-006S-1.jpg[/img]

MVC-003S-1.jpg[/img]

Very nice colors, I sure the newlweds will love it and cuddle under it alot. Have a great day. Happy Easter to you and your family.

I finally finished the RR wedding gift for my friend. This one was going to be a double wedding ring, but I forgot how annoying the inserts were to do. So I did this pattern instead! It's about 84" point to point and the pictures were taken with it on my queen size bed. I think it's big enough for the newlyweds to cuddle under :wink

th_SarahsWeddingGift1.jpg th_SarahsWeddingGift2.jpg

Images are clickable. I used Monica's Tri-loopy border and I love how it turned out.

My part time job sent me a $20 Walmart gift card yesterday. I was surprised when I saw it and briefly thought about using it for groceries or gas. But nope, I'm gonna buy the yarn I've been eyeing for an afghan for a friend :lol

My part time job sent me a $20 Walmart gift card yesterday. I was surprised when I saw it and briefly thought about using it for groceries or gas. But nope, I'm gonna buy the yarn I've been eyeing for an afghan for a friend :lol

Well, duh!

Since I do the laundry in our house, whenever I find any loose change from pockets, it goes into my "yarn account". Folding money gets returned the the owner, if I can figure out whose it is... ;)

Wow Ladies and Gentlemen

Everyone's RR's are awesome.

I haven't checked this thread in a while since I have been making other ghans, and am floored by all the awesome RR's you all are churning out. I won't comment on every one by name because I know I would miss someone and I don't want to slight anyone.

Since I have been on bed Rest for 4 weeks, I have made 4 ghans, and I finally made a RR for myself this week. It was extremely hard to get the colors right but you get the idea. It is brighter in person.

Here it is:

th_SweerMocha.jpg

Clickable for the details

dwiggicb-Your rr's are beautiful, I like the color combos on all of them. Your really good with colors.

stormdrac-Gorgeous rr, what yarn did you use?

DreamsOfYarn-Beatiful rr, I like the colors.

Everbodies round ripples are looking great, a real treat for the eyes. I'm working on an rr right now for a friend. The yarn she picked out was Caron simply soft in DK. Sage and Lemon. She wanted it to be in John Deere colors for her grandson. I have about 6 or 7 more rounds to go.

stormdrac-Gorgeous rr, what yarn did you use?

The Yarn is Joann's Sensations Rainbow Boucle, Double strand. I can't work with it single stranded only doubled up.

Wow Ladies and Gentlemen

Everyone's RR's are awesome.

I haven't checked this thread in a while since I have been making other ghans, and am floored by all the awesome RR's you all are churning out. I won't comment on every one by name because I know I would miss someone and I don't want to slight anyone.

Since I have been on bed Rest for 4 weeks, I have made 4 ghans, and I finally made a RR for myself this week. It was extremely hard to get the colors right but you get the idea. It is brighter in person.

Here it is:

th_SweerMocha.jpg

Clickable for the details

Mel It's beautiful, your work is just wonderful. I'm so sorry to here you have been on bedrest. I hope your feeling much better. My prayers are with you.

Mel It's beautiful, your work is just wonderful. I'm so sorry to here you have been on bedrest. I hope your feeling much better. My prayers are with you.

Thank You Judy.

I'm still on bed rest, but the hooks are still flying. I have to do something to keep from going bonkers.

I'm thinking about doing a scrap RR eventually. I just can't decide if I want to use solid or variegated yarn. I sure do have enough of both :lol

I was finally able to give my Grandson his RR today. I haven't seen him in a while, and I wanted to give it to him in person. He was looking around at all of the ghans I've made lately and said, 'Gamma, you need to make me one. You have so many and I don't have any.' So I went into my room and brought it out, wrapped it around him and told him it was his if he wanted it. He loves it.

Here is his Zebra RR

th_RyansZebraRoundRipple1.jpg

Here is Ryan sitting on his new Zebra RR

th_RyansZebraRoundRipple1a.jpg

both clickable for details

this represents the Mets colors and is for my nephews 8th bday in September. I am realizing that you need to do a few rows of one color and then change colors in order for it to really come at you. I also like three colors the best.

I posted in another thread and then forgot that I was part of this CAL

th_metsroundripple002.jpg

I was finally able to give my Grandson his RR today. I haven't seen him in a while, and I wanted to give it to him in person. He was looking around at all of the ghans I've made lately and said, 'Gamma, you need to make me one. You have so many and I don't have any.' So I went into my room and brought it out, wrapped it around him and told him it was his if he wanted it. He loves it.

Here is his Zebra RR

th_RyansZebraRoundRipple1.jpg

Here is Ryan sitting on his new Zebra RR

th_RyansZebraRoundRipple1a.jpg

both clickable for details

Aww Mel, that is so neet. Nothing touches your heart more than a grandchild

this represents the Mets colors and is for my nephews 8th bday in September. I am realizing that you need to do a few rows of one color and then change colors in order for it to really come at you. I also like three colors the best.

I posted in another thread and then forgot that I was part of this CAL

th_metsroundripple002.jpg

Thats a very pretty one. You did a great job.

Hi Everyone,

I am attempting a Spiderman RR, but am having trouble with the center, it is "cupping". I made one other RR before, with scrap yarn and it came out perfect- I used an I hook throughout. I am using Red Heart super saver (which is also what my scrap yarn was). I remember reading somewhere on here to increase my hook by one size after doing the center for that problem, but maybe I started the larger hook to late? I started on the 8th round and went from an I hook to a J hook. It is still cupping, just not as much as it was before with the I hook. I hate to rip it out, especially since I all ready wove in the red and black ends. If anyone has any ideas how I can fix this I would really appreciate it, my grandsons birthday is coming fast!

Thank you,

Nunu

To prevent the cupping, Gail suggested to make an extra row of the two double crochet points rows, - instead of two rows make three. I had problems with that making it too big if done to many times, so I think I am going to to do-3 repeats of the two double crochet points, one row of the one double crochet points, then two ros of the two doubel crochet points, then one row of the on double crochet points. Clear as mud? I am making the same afghan right now. By cupping you mean the points curl up like your cupping your hands? I had that problem and when I did my first round ripple this straightened this out for me after a few round of doing it like this.:think It wasn't the spiderman ri[pple but it used the sam pattern.

Hi Snapdragon,

Thank you for your suggestion, I understand exactly what you mean. My problem is a little different though, the center part thats round, before the points start to take shape, is bubbling up, with the outer points part laying flat- it's sort of like a fried egg with the yolk rounded up over the egg white. I know, sounds wierd but thats the best example that I can think of. LOL! Any suggestions for this?

Thank you,

Nunu

Nope, sorry. I did crochet the black round with double crochet, because it was to tight and kind of did that. But Gail said it was cupping that she used that for, so I would try what she suggested. I think I might have misunderstood her on what cupping was, but she did say cupping. Pictures http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/snapdragon928/?action=view&current=Imag0050-1.jpg http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/snapdragon928/?action=view&current=Imag0056-1.jpg http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/snapdragon928/?action=view&current=Imag0055.jpg My first round ripple.