Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

i have 3 rr going on right now (and other stuff)....am having hip surgery thursday and i wanted plenty to keep me troddin along....ha ha

th_IMG_0104.jpg

th_IMG_0102.jpg

th_IMG_0097.jpg

Very pretty! What color is this yarn?

I used yellow, peach, lt pink, lavender, sky blue, and mint green.

Thank you all for the nice compliments.

i have 3 rr going on right now (and other stuff)....am having hip surgery thursday and i wanted plenty to keep me troddin along....ha ha

th_IMG_0104.jpg

th_IMG_0102.jpg

th_IMG_0097.jpg

Those are so pretty! The pink one keeps drawing my eye too it. Good luck with your sugery

I posted this in Show and Tell, hope it's ok it I post here, too. I just learned how to post pictures today, so I'm like a kid with a new toy!

This is the pastel rainbow RR I just finished for my new Granddaughter due in April. Gave it to my daughter at her shower yesterday. It's done with Bernat Baby Coordinates and a Susan Bates K hook. It's approx 49 inches across.

th_100_1732.jpg

th_100_1729.jpg

th_100_1733.jpg

Clickable pics.

Thanks for looking.

I just love your RR it's so soft looking and the new baby will love it. May I ask how you did your edgeing? Can you or someone looking at this post please give me a pattern. I would be so grateful. I think it just gives such a nice finished look. Thank You.

nss...puppies are great in their NEW homes!!!! thank the lord! ha ha

thanks for remembering me

Oh :lol:lol Bet the mommy feels about the same,, that seemed quick-time flies. Nothin' cuter than a litter of golden puppies. of course I remember you and will be thinking good thoughts for the surgery. For me the worst part is just the waiting for the day to get here.

hugs,nancy

Is it a blended one as well? It is very pretty, I need to learn how to do that.

Thank you. Yes, it is blended. I used four rounds of 2 strands of yellow, then 2 rounds 1 strand yellow and 1 of peach, then 3 rounds peach,then so on. I hope you decide to make one. You'll be happy with the results.:hook

I just love your RR it's so soft looking and the new baby will love it. May I ask how you did your edgeing? Can you or someone looking at this post please give me a pattern. I would be so grateful. I think it just gives such a nice finished look. Thank You.

Judy, thank you for the compliment.

I saw a blended pastel RR that Chrome Kitty posted a picture of a year or so ago and copied the edging. I'll try to explain how I did it.

I did 7 double crochet in the chain 2 at the tip of the point, skip one stitch, slip stitch in the next one, skip one stitch, 5 double crochet in the next, skip one stitch, slip stitch in the next one, skip the next one, 5 double crochet in the next one and so on. When I reached the valley of the points, I slip stitched in the two stitches at the bottom of the valley the started over with the 5 double crochets. I hope this makes sense. The number of scallops on the side depends on the number of stitches you have, you might end up with more or less, depending on how big the point is. I had to play around with mine for a while before I figured it out.

Well, I hope this helps. :hug

Judy, thank you for the compliment.

I saw a blended pastel RR that Chrome Kitty posted a picture of a year or so ago and copied the edging. I'll try to explain how I did it.

I did 7 double crochet in the chain 2 at the tip of the point, skip one stitch, slip stitch in the next one, skip one stitch, 5 double crochet in the next, skip one stitch, slip stitch in the next one, skip the next one, 5 double crochet in the next one and so on. When I reached the valley of the points, I slip stitched in the two stitches at the bottom of the valley the started over with the 5 double crochets. I hope this makes sense. The number of scallops on the side depends on the number of stitches you have, you might end up with more or less, depending on how big the point is. I had to play around with mine for a while before I figured it out.

Well, I hope this helps. :hug

aww thankyou so much for explaing it to me. I'm going to give it a try on my next RR i'm going to make for a new baby due in May. Thanks agin :)

What brand of yarn and hook size did you use? I just love the blended look!

Chris

I used Bernat Baby Coordinates and a size K (Susan Bates) hook. The blanket is approximately 49 inches in diameter. 30 rounds plus the edging, if I'm counting correctly. I used one skein of each yarn, but ran out of the blue with half a round to go, so had to buy more and barely squeaked by with the green. I've seen some that have a white center, then the yellow, peach, pink, etc. I kinda wish I had made it just a tad bigger, but I think it will be fine for my new Grandbaby. I'm already planning on making another one for my niece's baby who will be here in July. I hope you decide to make one, you will really enjoy working on it. :crocheting

I used Bernat Baby Coordinates and a size K (Susan Bates) hook. The blanket is approximately 49 inches in diameter. 30 rounds plus the edging, if I'm counting correctly. I used one skein of each yarn, but ran out of the blue with half a round to go, so had to buy more and barely squeaked by with the green. I've seen some that have a white center, then the yellow, peach, pink, etc. I kinda wish I had made it just a tad bigger, but I think it will be fine for my new Grandbaby. I'm already planning on making another one for my niece's baby who will be here in July. I hope you decide to make one, you will really enjoy working on it. :crocheting

Thanks so much for the info. I am going to make one soon.

Chris

I have decided to add seven more rows to my afghan. Using the three colors, two rows of each color and an extra row of the variegated. Now what I really want is pictures fast. My daughter is going to take some pictures of it with her digital when she comes in town, my cord is broken on mine. She is in art school taking photography and she took some pictures of the afghan all scrunched around and some of my yarn I am making a shawl with. Speaking of shawls, I really want a pattern for a half moon round ripple shawl to make for my sister. Any one want to make up a pattern? :-)

I have decided to add seven more rows to my afghan. Using the three colors, two rows of each color and an extra row of the variegated. Now what I really want is pictures fast. My daughter is going to take some pictures of it with her digital when she comes in town, my cord is broken on mine. She is in art school taking photography and she took some pictures of the afghan all scrunched around and some of my yarn I am making a shawl with. Speaking of shawls, I really want a pattern for a half moon round ripple shawl to make for my sister. Any one want to make up a pattern? :-)

Some where back several postings in here someone made a tree skirt that was kinda like what your wanting you may be able to look that up and adapt it to what you want. Help me ladies I don't remember which posting it was :) Or if someone makes a pattern for one i'm in for that too :)

The ladies are great here to help each other out. Good Luck!!! hope you find a pattern :)

Hi everyone. Wow I can tell spring is here lol no one has posted in awhile. Well I can't blame you, You have all made some wonderful RR's But I can't resist coming in here everyday after work to look hehehehe.

I did these 3 RR's to give to Children's Mercy Hospital. They're all made with Pound of Love. The yellow one was the first one I ever did, the next one is yellow,green and white, the third one is blue and white following a colorway that someone else posted on this site. It's a great pattern!

MVC-002S-1.jpg[/img]

MVC-006S-1.jpg[/img]

MVC-003S-1.jpg[/img]

I did these 3 RR's to give to Children's Mercy Hospital. They're all made with Pound of Love. The yellow one was the first one I ever did, the next one is yellow,green and white, the third one is blue and white following a colorway that someone else posted on this site. It's a great pattern!

MVC-002S-1.jpg[/img]

MVC-006S-1.jpg[/img]

MVC-003S-1.jpg[/img]

BEAUTIFUL, I really love the yellow, green and white. Funny thing is I just bought those colors to make one for my sister !!! Now I know that those colors will look great together :yay

Another 9-pointed Round Ripple - used N Hook with 2 strands of Blue and 2 strands of White Sensations™ Boucle yarn.

th_Blue_and_White_9_Pointed_Round_Ripp.jpgth_2008-03-10-001_a.jpgth_2008-03-10-001_b.jpg

◄■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■clickable for larger view■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■►

This yarn is soooo soft. The afghan is super light.

I finally finished the RR wedding gift for my friend. This one was going to be a double wedding ring, but I forgot how annoying the inserts were to do. So I did this pattern instead! It's about 84" point to point and the pictures were taken with it on my queen size bed. I think it's big enough for the newlyweds to cuddle under :wink

th_SarahsWeddingGift1.jpg th_SarahsWeddingGift2.jpg

Images are clickable. I used Monica's Tri-loopy border and I love how it turned out.

Very nice colors for the newlyweds. They wouldn't be colors I would think put together, but they are very striking together like that. Everyones is very nice. I need to finish mine by next Sunday for a late easter get together. And get pictures! Then I need to start a new one for my grandson, a spideyghan. The one I am doing was a Christmas present for my granddaughter. Oops! Now it's an easter present!

I finally finished the RR wedding gift for my friend. This one was going to be a double wedding ring, but I forgot how annoying the inserts were to do. So I did this pattern instead! It's about 84" point to point and the pictures were taken with it on my queen size bed. I think it's big enough for the newlyweds to cuddle under :wink

th_SarahsWeddingGift1.jpg th_SarahsWeddingGift2.jpg

Images are clickable. I used Monica's Tri-loopy border and I love how it turned out.

I tried that border but I couldn't figure it out :(, your looks really nice :yay

Another 9-pointed Round Ripple - used N Hook with 2 strands of Blue and 2 strands of White Sensations™ Boucle yarn.

th_Blue_and_White_9_Pointed_Round_Ripp.jpgth_2008-03-10-001_a.jpgth_2008-03-10-001_b.jpg

◄■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■clickable for larger view■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■►

This yarn is soooo soft. The afghan is super light.

Very Pretty !!!

I tried that border but I couldn't figure it out :(, your looks really nice :yay

I couldn't tell you how long it took me to figure out the second color for the border. At one point I cut a bunch of yarn from the skein and was pulling it through (very time consuming). It finally occurred to me that on the chains after the first set of 5, the first chain is stitched over the already there chain 5. So each chain 5 set has a single strand of cream and light green on the back side. I decided the next time I do this border, I'm going to do all colors at the same time and move the skeins around each other.