Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I just LOVE round ripples. I have written two of my own patterns and want to work on more. I have seen such beautiful works on here, and hope to get inspired to come up with more to share with you all. There is an absolutely gorgeous afghan in the book, Blue Ribbon Afghans (Leisure Arts - http://www.amazon.com/Herrschners-Blue-Ribbon-Afghans-Crochet-Treasury/dp/0848714601/ref=pd_sim_b_title_1/105-1408028-1033254 - it is the cover afghan) that I would like to do - it starts as a round riplle but ends up square, 60"x60". I have also thought that the round ripple part itself would make a very pretty throw or baby afghan. I am not sure when I can start it, but I hope to soon (soon being within a yr probably, lol).

I am sure everyone knows this by now, but if you use the same pattern i am using there is a correction for row 3, which is explained in Chrome Kitty's post: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29245

th_Blueroundripple.jpg

I did not know this!!! I had just started this ripple today and was having problems with it so I came here to do search for a new RR pattern and came across this correction.

My RR is working out beautifully now. :clap

I am making a RR for my Supervisor's new baby. I believe she (they were told it was a girl at her last sonogram) was born on 02/29/09, but I haven't heard definitely yet. I decided NOT to go with the traditional pink, but to make something a little different. I'm sure she will be getting a lot of pink stuff. If she doesn't, I will make a pink one for her.

Here is my latest. I haven't decided how big I will make this one.

th_BabyBurnettsRR1.jpg

clickable for details

I LOVE IT! lol, I'm a pink freak :D I'm actually working on one right now in two different shades of pink, I hope to pick it up again to work on it a bit tonight. I'm in college plus I have a toddler and an infant so I don't get much crocheting time :( But oh well anyway. Your RR is gorgeous :)

HERES THE LAST RR FOR AWHILE ---ANYHOW

HOPE I GOT IT RESIZED THO

100_0528.jpg

Okay here is the scrap pinks and yellows 9 pointer I just finished. It measures 57" and it is 37 rows. It was puckered in the middle until I washed it then it laid straight. I went through my stash and found the pink and yellow yarns that I had and made a ripple out of it. I did have other pinks and yellows scraps but they wouldn't look right with this.

ScrapRipple1.jpg

and here it is with my youngest god daughter's doll in the middle. That doll is about a size 3-6 mos. at least that's the size clothes I make for her.

ScrapRipple2.jpg

I am making a RR for my Supervisor's new baby. I believe she (they were told it was a girl at her last sonogram) was born on 02/29/09, but I haven't heard definitely yet. I decided NOT to go with the traditional pink, but to make something a little different. I'm sure she will be getting a lot of pink stuff. If she doesn't, I will make a pink one for her.

Here is my latest. I haven't decided how big I will make this one.

th_BabyBurnettsRR1.jpg

clickable for details

I love it Mel, I think she will be very happy when she recives such a pretty gift. You do wonderful work. I relly like the way you catolog every one that you do. Great Idea!!!

OK, HOW DO I GET TO RESIZE?? WHAT AM I DOING WRONG-

100_0484.jpg

Looks like you got it right, dear. Is that you with the cute braids or your daughter? A beautiful color combination there, how big is it? What are the colors? I am making one for my granddaughter. It measures 52 inches right now, should be 54 when I am done. It's for a 8 year old, is it going to be big enough?

hello

i`ve always wanted to do rainbow RR with caron brits

this post was so help ful

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29245

but i have to make one with 2 shades of blue and one shade of yellow to match our upcoming baby although she is a girl but DH wont like it if the colors doe`snt match our wall painting

i hope i`ll finish it quicklly :)

PICT0347.jpg

Here is mine so far. This is my first one So here's hoping i did it right :blush I added a little brown in two rows just so it won't be just the choco cherry. I love this color. I used a g hook and so far about 7 oz of yarn.So far everyones is looking great!.

I think it looks great! :cheer

Looks like you got it right, dear. Is that you with the cute braids or your daughter? A beautiful color combination there, how big is it? What are the colors? I am making one for my granddaughter. It measures 52 inches right now, should be 54 when I am done. It's for a 8 year old, is it going to be big enough?

NO, THATS NOT ME, LOL THATS MY OLDEST GRANDSON (WITH BRAIDS) HOPEFULLY ITS ONLY A FADE FOR A SHORT TIME. ONE CAN OLY HOPE HUH. I DIDNT MEASURE IT BUT IT FITS OVER A QUEEN SIZE BED. THE COLORS ARE SPRING GREEN AND RED.

sometimes i like to have a lot going on at the same time; other times it drives me crazy...."BUT i'm having hip surgery this week, so i wanted different choices to crochet.....

these are my 2 rr in progress:

th_IMG_0102.jpg

th_IMG_0097.jpg

and i have a side to side one going on too

Everyones RR's are so beautiful

Cynthia- love both your ripples!!

Good luck with the hip surgery this week,

I'll be thinking of you. how are the puppies doing?

Cynthia,

They both look like jewels!

I see you use the same hook I have fallen in love with - Susan Bates with Bamboo Handle.

sometimes i like to have a lot going on at the same time; other times it drives me crazy...."BUT i'm having hip surgery this week, so i wanted different choices to crochet.....

these are my 2 rr in progress:

th_IMG_0102.jpg

th_IMG_0097.jpg

and i have a side to side one going on too

I posted this in Show and Tell, hope it's ok it I post here, too. I just learned how to post pictures today, so I'm like a kid with a new toy!

This is the pastel rainbow RR I just finished for my new Granddaughter due in April. Gave it to my daughter at her shower yesterday. It's done with Bernat Baby Coordinates and a Susan Bates K hook. It's approx 49 inches across.

th_100_1732.jpg

th_100_1729.jpg

th_100_1733.jpg

Clickable pics.

Thanks for looking.

I posted this in Show and Tell, hope it's ok it I post here, too. I just learned how to post pictures today, so I'm like a kid with a new toy!

This is the pastel rainbow RR I just finished for my new Granddaughter due in April. Gave it to my daughter at her shower yesterday. It's done with Bernat Baby Coordinates and a Susan Bates K hook. It's approx 49 inches across.

th_100_1732.jpg

th_100_1729.jpg

th_100_1733.jpg

Clickable pics.

Thanks for looking.

Beautiful, I love those colors, I should really try one, one of these days !!

Great Job :cheer:clap:cheer