Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I like my baby rr's to be kind of big. I usually make mine 40 to 50 inches. I would at least make it 36 inches. Most make theirs around 36-40 rows depending on hook size. I use a j hook. Here is a link to a few I have done. the light pink one is 36 rows and about 40 inches.

http://sue-crochetandchat.blogspot.com/2007/08/my-recent-round-ripples.html

Thank you Sue! That is just the information I needed. I looked at your blog. Very pretty RR's. May I ask what pattern you used? I have Aggie May's pattern, the Sew-on-Fire pattern, and the Aztec Sun pattern. Now I just have to decide which one to use. I noticed that you added extra points in the blue and pink RR, that's why I wondered if you used the Aztec Sun pattern. Now I just have to decide whether I want to do one in brights or in the blended pastels. I had my mind set on using the SS brights and have the yarn but just today was thinking, welllllllll, maybe I will do a blended one in the soft colors. I think tomorrow I will go to HL & see if they have any baby yarn in the soft colors and that will make up my mind for me. (Maybe...I'm just a little indecisive!:2spin)

Congratulations on your new little one! Another sweet baby girl.:c9

Have a good day!

Katie:manyheart

Thank you Sue! That is just the information I needed. I looked at your blog. Very pretty RR's. May I ask what pattern you used? I have Aggie May's pattern, the Sew-on-Fire pattern, and the Aztec Sun pattern. Now I just have to decide which one to use. I noticed that you added extra points in the blue and pink RR, that's why I wondered if you used the Aztec Sun pattern. Now I just have to decide whether I want to do one in brights or in the blended pastels. I had my mind set on using the SS brights and have the yarn but just today was thinking, welllllllll, maybe I will do a blended one in the soft colors. I think tomorrow I will go to HL & see if they have any baby yarn in the soft colors and that will make up my mind for me. (Maybe...I'm just a little indecisive!:2spin)

Congratulations on your new little one! Another sweet baby girl.:c9

Have a good day!

Katie:manyheart

I use Lyn's round ripple pattern. If I want it bigger than what her pattern is I just keep going. There is a link in my signature. The project angel kisses pattern link. For the one with extra points I was inspierd from a post on the ville. I still used lyn's pattern but followed rosereds directions. Here is the link for that. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=691643&postcount=1

Thank you. She was sure a suprise. A good one though.

I have a friend getting married this fall and I started doing a Double Wedding Ring Afghan as a gift. But, the small inserts (only 15 stitches) take me too long to attach to the rings, roughly 30-60 minutes. So I'm going to tear it out and do a RR instead! I loved how quickly the first one I did took me, only a week and a half.

I finally did a round ripple! but different. I hope you all like it. I wanted to make a glass cover for my grandmother's favorite water glass.

2229543177_51a26b8e87.jpg

Size 10 crochet thread, 6mm gold beads and size 7/1.5 mm hook

I used http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html for the pattern but I triple crocheted the last three rows.

I have a couple of questions on doing this. I am sorry I have trouble reading crocheting instructions. Wish I could be better. So this may be stupid to some. At the end of each row when it says join do you always go into the top of the chain three space and if you do do you take the two loops of the stich up to do the slip stitch? Also not sure if there is more easy instructions to do from row 4 down as I have been ripping this out all night trying to make it look good. If someone could please help me I would appreciate it.

I have a couple of questions on doing this. I am sorry I have trouble reading crocheting instructions. Wish I could be better. So this may be stupid to some. At the end of each row when it says join do you always go into the top of the chain three space and if you do do you take the two loops of the stich up to do the slip stitch? Also not sure if there is more easy instructions to do from row 4 down as I have been ripping this out all night trying to make it look good. If someone could please help me I would appreciate it.

I do mine in to top of the chain 3 space and do a slip stitch. I also take the two loops when I do this. I use the angel kiss pattern that I have a link to in my signature. Hope this helps. If not pm me and I will try to help more. Good luck. :clap

What type of problems are you having after round 4 and which pattern are you using?

Here is what I have so far but mine is a 9 point rr:

ScrapRippleghan.jpg

mine is called a scrap rr b/c I found all the pinks and yellows in my stash well not all the pinks and yellows but most of them and I am making a friends 18 mo. old daughter a blanket out of it. Great way to use up stash I say. This pattern is Aggie May's 9 point ripple pattern. I am only on row 19 so far.

I am using the Angel Kiss pattern. Thanks for you help. I am now on my 15 row and I did figure it out and it seems to be working out fine. I will see if I can post a pic of my progress. I am so excited that I can do this as I am making this for a shower gift for this Wednesday. Thanks again sueb0154 and Priszm for you help in responding. :hug

I fell asleep the other night looking & reading this thread.:sleep So many beautiful ripples.:clap

:D When was the round ripple born?:D

Well , now I know not what to make...I need 8 arms...:dreaming

but most of all I need to find where I hid my :hook's so many years ago!!! I need an N or a P...off to the hook thread I go!

^0^

I finally got around to taking a picture of my first, but definitely not last, RR! It's a gift for a friend who's having her first full term pregnancy due in May. I also made a little bunny to go with using the pattern from Lion Brand.

RRforSarah.jpg

So pretty :) Great Job :cheer

I finally got around to taking a picture of my first, but definitely not last, RR! It's a gift for a friend who's having her first full term pregnancy due in May. I also made a little bunny to go with using the pattern from Lion Brand.

RRforSarah.jpg

sueb1054, I caught the post about your children being spaced a little farther apart than usual. I am the Mom of a 13 year old, 23 year old, 27 and 29 year old. Needless to say, the last one was a "surprise" but oh my gosh, what would we do without her?? I hope everything turns out great for you! I believe things happen for a reason, and one day you'll know exactly why this happened!

Joni

P.S. Looooooooove everybody's RR's!

Thank you! I was thinking about it the other day and thinking that FINALLY I made an afghan with no mistakes at all. Yeah right, somewhere in there is a sc where a dc should be :lol I guess it's a true original :hook

You did a great job I sure your friend will love it. Keep up the great work

RRforSarah.jpg

RRforSarah.jpg

Oh my goodness thats beautiful. Could you share what colors you used. I have a friend also due in may and I would love to make one for her in those colors. Oh and also the brand of yarn and needle size. IT"S BEAUTIFUL keep up the good work :)

Oh my goodness Priszm, that is absolutely beautiful!!! I have seen several people here talking about the round ripple and that is the first picture I have seen of one. I want to make one of those, and I have plenty of yarn in my stash to do so. :lol

Oh my goodness Priszm, that is absolutely beautiful!!! I have seen several people here talking about the round ripple and that is the first picture I have seen of one. I want to make one of those, and I have plenty of yarn in my stash to do so. :lol

Thank you! I'm am absolutly in love with this pattern. I changed a wedding gift afghan to this pattern because I love how it looks and how quickly it goes. I'm still working on the wedding gift and I'm only maybe half done, but I keep thinking of the colors I want for others :lol

Oh my goodness thats beautiful. Could you share what colors you used. I have a friend also due in may and I would love to make one for her in those colors. Oh and also the brand of yarn and needle size. IT"S BEAUTIFUL keep up the good work :)

The Green and pink are both Caron Simply soft. The variagated is TLC Baby Amore Baby Print. I used an H hook for this. I feel so flattered that someone wants to copy my color choices, I'm just grinning and feel all tickled! :D:hook

The Green and pink are both Caron Simply soft. The variagated is TLC Baby Amore Baby Print. I used an H hook for this. I feel so flattered that someone wants to copy my color choices, I'm just grinning and feel all tickled! :D:hook

Well Feel very proud, You did such a beautiful job. So hope ya don't mind if i copy yours hehehehe.