Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Stormdrac, Thanks for answering my questions. I'm sure whoever received it is thrilled, I would be.

Shelly, I looked at your RR and it is beautiful. Pretty shades of blue.

I just finished my first RR and gave it to my best friend for Christmas. It is done in TLC Autumn variagate and shades of green and rust. I'll post a picture of it if I can ever figure out how. I can't remember right now how big it is but point to point, it stretches the width of my full sized bed. The last few rounds were slow going for me, felt like I would never finish them. I want to make another but the next one will be baby blanket sized.

Well thank you Katie...

And here's the one I worked on yesterday.

http://members.aol.com/shellybrook/441.jpg

My mom has this sage thing going on in her bedroom....so I got RH soft sage, RH water color and RH white. I brought them to her house and we laid them out on the bed and rearranged them until we came up with a procession we could both agree on.

Initially I was feeling like the "watercolor" was the wrong color selection, because she had no lavendar in the room. But then she pulled out her spring bedcover....:) much to my surprise...the watercolor will match perfectly...and I'm sure I won't be finished with it until the weather starts to turn.:clap

That is a nice start. Can't wait to see it when it is finished. I just love that "watercolor" yarn. I used it a few years ago to make a hook holder, and will be using it to make my 8 pocket tote whenever i get time to start it. I never get tired of looking at it.

Katie

Shelly both of those look great.

Michelle oh my homespun? It is a very pretty yarn but as for crocheting with it I cant get thru the first row, each time I have tried it Ive screwed it up big time not sure why, although I did start to knit with it and that I can do LOL.

I started this last week, not sure which day for sure. But anyway, here is my WIP...I've been working pretty steadily on it, but a new semester at school started today, so I won't be able to crochet as much as I have been able to (was christmas break :)) But here are the pics of what I have done so far...will post more pics when it is finished!!

th_102_1208.jpg

th_102_1207.jpg

Great job on your round ripple love your colors.

Well thank you Katie...

And here's the one I worked on yesterday.

http://members.aol.com/shellybrook/441.jpg

My mom has this sage thing going on in her bedroom....so I got RH soft sage, RH water color and RH white. I brought them to her house and we laid them out on the bed and rearranged them until we came up with a procession we could both agree on.

Initially I was feeling like the "watercolor" was the wrong color selection, because she had no lavendar in the room. But then she pulled out her spring bedcover....:) much to my surprise...the watercolor will match perfectly...and I'm sure I won't be finished with it until the weather starts to turn.:clap

I have been hanging out on this thread for months, and I am constantly getting new ideas. Each new color combination I see makes me want to try a few more RRs. They never seem to get boring.

Previously, I had completed 3 RRs, but I just finished 2 more.

The first one is the famous "Spiderghan." I just looked at a bunch of others posted on the Ville and figured out my own stripe combination. I used Caron One Pounders. After washing it was super soft! Size H hook.

spiderghan.jpg

The second one is a baby RR which I made from 100% cotton mill ends (thank you AC Moore!), in multi and orange, and added the hot pink Sugar and Cream. Haven't washed it yet so I hope it softens a bit. The one I made from Cotton-Ease was softer, as it was a blend. Also size H hook.

BabyRR1.jpg

Close up of the baby RR:

BabyRR3.jpg

FootballSon just transferred to a different college, so I think the next one will be in his new school's colors. But I also LOVE the Rainbow/Stained Glass look RRs made from the Simply Soft Brites. Whatever I decide, I need to start it soon, as I am actually between projects, and also have an American Express Gift Card which is burning a hole in my pocket.

AC Moore, here I come!!!

Hi all, I am currently working on a doily. I just found out I am going to be a grandma, again, and having another grandson...am so excited. I am going to make him a round ripple afghan of baby yarn, blue/ blue white variagated...it will be my first round ripple, so please cross your fingers...lol

Well I finished it up tonight! I took some quick picture, this one is going home as a lap blanket with my mom tonight. The picture really doesn't do the colors much justice, the color after the blue that looks like a dark blue is really purple, it's dark and I have NO natural lighting...so thats most likely the problem! But even with the photo quirks...here it is!

th_102_1209.jpg

th_102_1212.jpg

th_102_1211.jpg

Well I finished it up tonight! I took some quick picture, this one is going home as a lap blanket with my mom tonight. The picture really doesn't do the colors much justice, the color after the blue that looks like a dark blue is really purple, it's dark and I have NO natural lighting...so thats most likely the problem! But even with the photo quirks...here it is!

th_102_1209.jpg

th_102_1212.jpg

th_102_1211.jpg

I love the colors it's so pretty.

Thanks to honey112, champygirl, and jetty56 for your kind words!!!

I started #6 tonight. It is forest green, black and soft white, (the colors of FootballSon's new school ) with multi (Variegated) forest green. Can't make up my mind which way to place the colors...already frogged a couple of tries, but I hadn't gotten too far. I keep flipping through this thread for ideas. To many afghans to look at, so little time!

Thanks to honey112, champygirl, and jetty56 for your kind words!!!

I started #6 tonight. It is forest green, black and soft white, (the colors of FootballSon's new school ) with multi (Variegated) forest green. Can't make up my mind which way to place the colors...already frogged a couple of tries, but I hadn't gotten too far. I keep flipping through this thread for ideas. To many afghans to look at, so little time!

Can't wait to see it.

th_102_1209.jpg

th_102_1212.jpg

th_102_1211.jpg

Kelli,

Your afghan is simply BEAUTIFUL :cheer Can you please let me know what colors you used, the brand of yarn, and which pattern, as I'd LOVE to be able to "whip" one out for my Mom by Mother's Day. Thanks in advance!! Again, I dearly LOVE your afghan!

Carol

Silermoon I love your colors. They look great together. You did a great job

th_102_1209.jpg

th_102_1212.jpg

th_102_1211.jpg

Kelli,

Your afghan is simply BEAUTIFUL :cheer Can you please let me know what colors you used, the brand of yarn, and which pattern, as I'd LOVE to be able to "whip" one out for my Mom by Mother's Day. Thanks in advance!! Again, I dearly LOVE your afghan!

Carol

I pmed you :D

th_102_1209.jpg

th_102_1212.jpg

th_102_1211.jpg

Your Round Ripple is just beautiful, you did such a good job on it!!

What brand of yarn did you use??

Hello all!!

All of your round ripples are so lovely, such fantastic work:hook:crocheting

Here are 2 RR CAL buttons, the pink one I made a while back, the other one I just made from one of my rr's...

RoundRippleCAL200x152.jpg

RoundRippleCALButt2244.jpg

For any of you that have a blog, I hope you can use them!!!