Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

andrea2006-I checked out your round ripples in the van goghs closet thread and they are both gorgeous, I like them both.:manyheart The white and blue varigated one reminds me of the first baby afghan I ever made for my nephew. It wasn't a round ripple, but I used the same colors for it. Thank you for reminding me of a good memory. I like your round ripple better though.:yes

Here's a link to a pic just in case your curious.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/327028-R1-13-13A_014.jpg

HI Ladies,

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas.

All Of your work this year has just been wonderful. I'm looking forward to another great year of Cocheting. All of you have been such and insperation to me. Thankyou for sticking with our forum,I have enjoyed each and every one of you.

Thanks agin and May God Bless.

everyone's RRs look great, I'm checking back in bc I'm starting a pastel VanGoh RR for my lil sis who's having her first baby

I use Lyn's RR pattern when I make the afghan so this is a variation of her pattern - with a split! I made a second one (for my Mom) and wrote the pattern down as I went along this time. All you seasoned round ripplers will have this done in no time!!

DCP_5815.jpg

Materials:

7 oz. White, appx. 4 oz. each Green & Red, appx. 1 1/2 oz. Verigated

size K hook

Row 1. With Green ch 15, dc into the 3rd ch and across, (13 dc).

Row 2. ch 3, 1 dc in same st, 2 dc in each st across (26).

Row 3: ch 2, *skip next st, 1 dc-ch 2-1 dc in next st (V-st made). repeat across from * ending with hdc in same sp as ch 3. (12 V-st)

Row 4: ch 2, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Row 5: ch 2, * skip 2 sts, dc in next dc, 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in the ch 2 sp, 1 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 1 dc in next st. repeat across from * , ending with hdc in ch 2, change to White.

Row 6: ch 2, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in of next dc to ch-2 sp, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in next ch 2 sp, 1 dc in each of next dc to skipped 2 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Row 7: ch 2, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, * 1 dc-ch 2-1 dc (this is a small shell made of a doubleV-st) in next ch 2 space, 1 dc in each of next dc to skipped 2 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Row 8: ch 2, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc (this is a large shell made of a doubleV-st) in next ch 2 space, 1 dc in each of next dc to skipped 2 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Alternate Rows 7 & 8. Color scheme is 5 rows green - 3 rows white - 1 row verigated - 3 rows white - 5 rows red - 3 rows white - 1 row verigated - 3 rows white - 5 rows green. The last row will be a small shell row. Replace the small shell with 2 dc-picot(ch3, sl st in first ch) 2 dc. This makes the points very pointy.

With 2 strands of green, make a ch 12-14 inches long and weave through the dc's in row 1 to tie it in place on the tree.

Correction on row 5

Row 5: ch 2, skip 2 sts, dc in next dc, *2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in the ch 2 sp, 1 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 1 dc in next st. repeat across from * , ending with hdc in ch 2, change to White.

Thanks Wendy for catching it!

Edited by Lisa
Correction
  • Like 2

What beautiful round ripples!!! :yay I love the colors you used, Jetty! The tree skirt is absolutely wonderful, Lisa! I've never tried a round ripple, but my fingers are itching to try one--I have been inspired! Thanks for posting the pictures!

Thank you all for saying they are pretty. I still have a couple more to take pix of to show.. I just started another one for the grandson- green and red. I tell ya this pattern is VERY EASY AND FAST for me. I am HOOKED.

Anyhow the last one has cherry chip, coffee and magenta. All in the Red Heart I ended up using almost 4 cherry chip, not much coffee and about 9 0z. of the magenta ( I bought 2 7oz)

I quess I should write down how much I used on each one huh--just for my record.

Everyone's RR's are just gorgeous. And I love the RR tree skirt. Great Job Everyone :clap:clap:clap:clap

Here is one of the last RR's I made for Christmas. I have 2 more that I didn't get pictures of before I wrapped them up. I will take pictures the next time I see my DS and grandson.

th_ChristmasTwilight.jpg

clickable

I ended up making 7 RR's for Christmas presents :eek

I use Lyn's RR pattern when I make the afghan so this is a variation of her pattern - with a split! I made a second one (for my Mom) and wrote the pattern down as I went along this time. All you seasoned round ripplers will have this done in no time!!

DCP_5815.jpg

Materials:

7 oz. White, appx. 4 oz. each Green & Red, appx. 1 1/2 oz. Verigated

size K hook

Row 1. With Green ch 15, dc into the 3rd ch and across, (13 dc).

Row 2. ch 3, 1 dc in same st, 2 dc in each st across (26).

Row 3: ch 2, *skip next st, 1 dc-ch 2-1 dc in next st (V-st made). repeat across from * ending with hdc in same sp as ch 3. (12 V-st)

Row 4: ch 2, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Row 5: ch 2, * skip 2 sts, dc in next dc, 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in the ch 2 sp, 1 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 1 dc in next st. repeat across from * , ending with hdc in ch 2, change to White.

Row 6: ch 2, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in of next dc to ch-2 sp, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in next ch 2 sp, 1 dc in each of next dc to skipped 2 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Row 7: ch 2, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, * 1 dc-ch 2-1 dc (this is a small shell made of a doubleV-st) in next ch 2 space, 1 dc in each of next dc to skipped 2 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Row 8: ch 2, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc (this is a large shell made of a doubleV-st) in next ch 2 space, 1 dc in each of next dc to skipped 2 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Alternate Rows 7 & 8. Color scheme is 5 rows green - 3 rows white - 1 row verigated - 3 rows white - 5 rows red - 3 rows white - 1 row verigated - 3 rows white - 5 rows green. The last row will be a small shell row. Replace the small shell with 2 dc-picot(ch3, sl st in first ch) 2 dc. This makes the points very pointy.

With 2 strands of green, make a ch 12-14 inches long and weave through the dc's in row 1 to tie it in place on the tree.

your the greatest!!!! thankyou so much for sharing your pattern with us. I know there will be lots of these made for next xmas :)

Happy New Years to all you fine ladies. Lets have a wondrful year of crochting :-)

Keep those rr coming, they are all GREAT!!!!

Happy New Year Judy :hug

It's good to see you. I was just wondering how you were doing. Are you still working those long hours?